Shard's Landing: Torchbearer Lyrus Sinrathis

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Uxtalzon, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Uxtalzon Augur

So I noticed this guy in SL and decided to make conversation with him. This is what I came up with, trial and error for responses. Looked him up, and it seems nobody has gotten this much text from him so I thought maybe some more seasoned folks here could get what he's talking about, and see if he responds to other things (like an easter egg or somethin').

----------------------------------------------------

You say, 'Hail, Torchbearer Lyrus Sinrathis'

Torchbearer Lyrus Sinrathis sits silently gripping his torch and staring stoically at the great crystal. (Part of you wonders what he is doing here.)

You say, 'Why are you here?'

Torchbearer Lyrus Sinrathis breathes deeply and exhales with a heavy sigh, 'I sit and watch you people march around like ants for a cause that is beyond us to impact. When the faceless was severed from our reality I no longer felt true fear in my heart. For the first time I was no longer comforted by the prospects of my mortality ending.' (An interesting fellow, he might have more to say.)

You say, 'What's that cool torch for?'

Torchbearer Lyrus Sinrathis says 'I hold the flame in vigil to our fallen god, but unlike the rest of you I accept the reality that he will never return to us. Fear is dead and a new age of something far more sinister is upon us.'

You say, 'What do you mean, fear is dead?'

Torchbearer Lyrus Sinrathis says 'Death has no hold on me. My fear of oblivion vanished the moment my god was usurped. Should the remaining gods see fit to grant me an afterlife it will simply be a matter of time before they too are blotted out from this reality.'

You say, 'Why would they grant you an afterlife?'

Torchbearer Lyrus Sinrathis says 'I shall remain here to hold this flame until the day it burns out and upon that day I shall step into the [Heart of Fear] to die and escape the inevitable torture of a world without fear.'

You say, 'The Heart of Fear? You mean that giant crystal? You can't walk into a crystal!'

Torchbearer Lyrus Sinrathis points toward the great crystal, 'The vestiges of the faceless, the material remnants of what was once a living force in our world. These ants will march, collecting hunks of rock like tribute to their queen. When they finally stack the rocks high into the sky and find the remains to be godless then they will remember me as the prophet of true vision.'
    Qwestwic, Axxius, Dzarn and 1 other person like this.
  2. Axxius Augur

I don't think he was there before the Dec 28 upgrade to stage 2.

So the giant crystal is going to become the portal to Heart of Fear? Then the 3rd incomplete portal (the one with the gingerbread man) must be PoMischief.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Maybe Mischief is the heart of fear!!!
  4. Diptera Augur

I thought "running out of toilet roll" was the heart of fear?
  5. Gesiah Elder

Hmmm...very interesting! PoM is one of my all time favorite zones. I liked the old as well as the revamped version. Would be amazing if that is what is being inferred. I've been following many of the posts regarding the unfinished portals in SL and am very excited for what is (potentially) coming. The pessimist inside me is, however, prepared for disappointment.
  6. Pizacatto - CT Augur

With the new expansion, I have been moderately surprised to greatly surprised by the zone upgrades. I kept my hopes small, and they kept exceeding them, so I raised them and raised them and the zones keep meeting my hopes. So, I'm excited if it's for PoM.
    Gesiah of Bertox likes this.