SHAMANS RUN! INCOMING NERF BAT!

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Nnewg Kahnzerson, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Whulfgar Augur

Welcome to the boards!
  2. Whulfgar Augur

Hence me welcoming them to the boards the lil fella.
  3. bigalthor New Member

I just came back last June after a 4 year hiatus. Was just starting to enjoy playing my Druid again when this nerf happened yesterday. Enuff for me, I have 54 days left on my account and I am out of here. Daybreak seems as bad as Sony, as to the way they treat their customers.....
  4. Ninelder Augur

He has been trolling all of these threads since this downgrade patch occurred. He does not main a shaman nor a druid. He just wants to join in the fun of Daybroke stepping on their throats.
  5. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

the nerf isn't that bad. a group geared shaman fully auged should have what, around 130k mana? give or take 150kish HP buffed? I dunno it's been years since I was group geared.... dot damage is workable, but it makes soloing really not worth the effort but doesn't make it impossible. most everything will still die in 2ish rounds of dots. meaning even group geared shamans should be able to get it done (albeit slowly).

I've said it before, this nerf will make a solo / bot shaman join a group.... and it'll bring raid dps back into line with where it should be. it's good for the game.
  6. Schatze Journeyman

doesnt mean I don't play one hellofa druid. hehe
  7. Schatze Journeyman

It takes at least four rounds of dots and sometimes more than a full bar of mana for a top geared druid, https://eq.magelo.com/profile/1022645 to kill one blue mob. Good for the game? what game? certainly not EQ.
  8. S33k3r Augur

What are you killing that takes so much mana ?
  9. Whulfgar Augur

no responce .. go figure ..

Did not see that coming from a mile away..
  10. shruggz Elder

well Mehdisin I will agree with you in that the nerf is workable, its not a class killer,

I'm group geared, just made 109, mana yeah that's about right off the top of my head, hp's I'm closer to 180k and I still have some non visible slots to upgrade into ros gear yet.

I will still get things done albeit slowly.

this will certainly bring shaman raid dps back in line.

those are your statements I agree with
    I killed about 30 mobs in ot tonight to assess the post nerf situation.

killing trash mobs it doesn't make much difference if your killing singles, killing doubles now that gets significantly more dicey than it was.

I was fortunate tonight and my tank didn't die at all, but when that happens that's where I expect this is going to hit me the hardest.

trying to keep myself upright while trying to burn down a 8-10 million hit point trash mob with what they have done to dots is going to be ugly. and I wasn't able to kill named before, I'm not even gonna try now till I get 110 and a significant amount of 110 aa's in.

surviving a 3 pull was a 50-50 before the change, now its going to be a group wipe I have no doubt about it. (that may improve for me as I continue to aa level and gear up though)

there are going to be things that I could do before that I just wont be able to do now. and where I might have been able to barely pull out a win now I will lose or die. but I'm not asking for changes things are as they are.

the folks including myself who prefer to box instead of grouping with others more than likely will continue to box I don't see that changing at all.

I'm of the opinion that forced grouping has sunset. there are too many reasons and that is an entire different conversation, and nothing that dbg can do will force me back into living and dieing by the pug. I was a single account shaman main for a long time before mercs and before I started boxing.

its just never ever going to happen and that's my choice, and the consequences are mine. for those that enjoy that great for them. more power to em.

but when I can no longer play my way then I will find something else to do with my time. that time is not today though.

is this type of thing good for the game? honestly I doubt it. your opinion differs and that's fine.

normally on a night like tonight there are roughly 30-35 shaman in shaman channel on my server
    tonight there was 15 including me.

does that mean anything ? maybe not...., I hope not.

like I said I'm not asking for changes and I'm not complaining about anything. this is just how things
    appear from my perspective.
    Azorin likes this.
  11. Whulfgar Augur

Thee single most intelligent post I've read yet to date on EVERY thread about the druid / shammy dot nerf ..
  12. Schatze Journeyman

I didnt respond because I was raiding.
  13. Schatze Journeyman

Sarnak in OT.
  14. Taldiwen New Member

what was the spell lineup involved?
  15. Flowst New Member

Before I go on some emotional rant, allow me to ask...does the nerf effect casting multiple ranks of the same spell, or is it a damage reduction to individual spells themselves? Can I cast 2 different curse lines without any new damage reduction? Or is it 2 players stacking Garugaru? Is it Jinx Rk.1 and Rk.2 combined that are nerfed?
    If the mana cost remains the same, and the damage is reduced.....I can only feel like I have been unnecessarily hurt by this. I am a solo player, not raid geared, not heavy AA qualified, etc.
    Punishing the many for the actions of a few feels short sighted.
  16. Taldiwen New Member

The dot consolidation eliminated the ability for a single player to cast multiple dots of the same line on the same mob. So a player can only cast, for instance (using Druid terms since that's what I know) a single version of Horde/Swarm, single version of Nature's <scary term> Wrath, etc. per mob.
  17. Taldiwen New Member

18. Flowst New Member

Thanks Taldiwen :) I have been looking at the spell descriptions in my book, they list "stacking group". Don't fully understand it yet, need to read up more on the change.
  19. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

this is not punishing anyone. our DPS potential was too high (and too easy to achieve) when compared to other classes.. they fixed that.

If you're soloing / moloing feel free to send me a tell (drinal.mehdisin) and I can maybe give you some tips and tricks to up your survivability when things start to get dicey. The two biggest things to know, especially in RoS is which mobs are rootable, and which mobs summon. There's not many that aren't rootable and until you get to tier 2 zones there's almost nothing non-named that summons. Also keep in mind that our pet has become a little more beefy than it used to be.... doggo can tank any single non-named in RoS (including VP) if you have your pet AA done through EOK (just don't forget to use companion's aegis and to slow/debuff the mob). get 'em pet toys and put taunt on and he even holds agro over our dots about 3/4 of the time. although... raknar do get dicey in VP due to that redonkulous dot.

lastly... to the dude crying about druids using too much mana now to solo.... sorry, this is a shaman thread at heart and I don't care about druids =).
  20. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

Side note: one thing I did notice from the patch is that now there's a LOT more information provided on the spell information window. and that's nice for planning/analysis purposes.