Shaman Question regarding pre epic 1.0 weapon

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nickatropolis, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Nickatropolis Augur

Hello,

I am currently a level 42 shaman on on Ragefire, and I am looking for a reasonable weapon to use for the next few months. Most of the research i've done regarding pre 1.0 epic weapons lead me to information about weapons that can only be obtained with expansions. So my question is, what are some good shaman weapons, either 1hb or 1hp that are available in classic?

I am still using a fine steal spear; so any 1hb or 1hp that has some form of +wisdom on it would be ideal. I've heard of one that drops in lavastorm but I am unsure. I see a lot of shaman in commonlands or elsewhere posting "WTB shaman" weapon without much success either. So any information would be helpful, thanks!
  2. Pikallo Augur

Ruined Battleworn Morning Star from Kithicor undead. I've been passing through and seen them rotting(they are no trade).
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  3. RandomStrategy Augur

If you can message me on reddit (same username). I can tell you my character name and I can make you a Silvered Spear (7/27 Magic Weapon) for a reasonable price (if you have/can get fine steel weapons for me to break down, I can make it cheaper, the ore is the most costly part).
  4. Nickatropolis Augur

message you on reddit? or in server, ragefire?
  5. RandomStrategy Augur

Oh, it doesn't matter I suppose. Message Balicoff tonight sometime (it's currently 12PM where I am now, and I will be home in 6 hours to log in). I'll need to find an enchanter to enchant the metal, but the fine steel weapons you provide can reduce the cost *significantly* (52p just for the high quality ore brick, but if you provide 3 fine steel weapons, I can save you a bunch of plat on it, but only if you farm them/have them on hand). If you have the weapons themselves, I can do it for close to 20p, but it'll be closer to 90p if I have to buy the ore.

I'd be more than happy to help people with magic weapons, but they're so expensive to make (I'm only level 18, so I can't really farm my own Fine Steel Weapons).
  6. Bensaret New Member

Really don't need to have a weapon as a wis caster. My druid is using testament of vanear and working on paw of opolla. Maybe they were talking about the dull wooden spear out of Najena that is for the epic? Drops off a named ogre guard Officer Grush. It only has 2 wis though.
  7. Zhama Elder

Paw of Opalla is a very good primary/secondary item with a lot of wisdom as well as other stats, and is doable at L30+. Mithril frog totem is another solid choice for primaries early on for shm.
  8. Rhiyannon Augur

shammies a can off tank, we're not a completely squishy caster, having a weapon is a good thing for us. not losing the shield/weapon slot is een better if the weapon has the stats.
  9. Nickatropolis Augur

I would agree, I would like a weapon for off -tanking, especially since dotting, slowing, and debuffing mobs tend to get their attention.
  10. Porygon Augur

You don't need a weapon. Your melee dps is negligible. But as was said before, the morning star from kithicor or a sharkbone warhammer (I think) will be your best bet.
  11. Rhiyannon Augur

it's not about dps, it's play style, i like to off-tank and beat on things... other than dumbly forgetting div again, i try to keep all my stats up to par on each level, we're too good at drawing aggro. my hubby is a warrior and several levels below me(i have more time to play), currently he spends more time hitting mobs in the back while i tank, he can't keep the aggro over my dots and heals.

i saw the funniest thing the other day. chanter guildie, trying to hit things with his wand(and yes i was making limp wand jokes to him at the time) but since he hadn't really hit anything since 11, he finally asked me to his a mezzed named mob. as he put it, we would have been there all month waiting for him to hit. not having a weapon, would put me in this situation eventually...