Shaman Pet Extended Target Question

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Morigaine, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Morigaine Elder

I am trying to find a way to have my pet attack the main assist target with never changing my own target. Is this possible?

If I am in a group with a designated assist and I define my extended target window to have slot 1 as Group Assist Target, I would like to emulate a command like

/pet attack XTarget1

but that doesn't seem to work. I know I can type /pet attack a_mob_name_like_this, but want a general hotkey that allows me to keep the tank targeted and sick the pet on the main assist target never changing my own target.

Any way to accomplish this? Thanks in advance for any feedback.
  2. Gio-Cefalu Augur

I think your best bet would be to have the pet attack the main assist target, and then you manually target what you wanted to attack. Let's say you have xtar 1 set to the main assist's target, but you're targeting some other target. You'd need to do something like:
    /xtar 1
    /pet attack

Then you switch to whichever target you want, whether that be manually cycling through targets, clicking, or using /xtar again to a different option like the main tank, in which case, you'd just add one more line to your macro. It would look something like:
    /xtar 1 (main assist's target)
    /pet attack
    /xtar 12 (group tank)

Of course, you could play with /pause commands in there to add some time. With the general lag of EQ, I have to add a little pause time even when using simple macros like /xtar and /follow.
  3. Morigaine Elder

Yeah that is pretty much what I have now but wanted to see if I could eliminate a step because if there is any latency, it doesn’t work 100% so was just hoping to remove the step if possible.

Thanks for the feedback though.
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

Would be nice with a /pet attack xtar1, and a /pet swarm xtar 1...