Shaman: Paralytic spores and spray removed on test

Discussion in 'Priests' started by astroguy66, Sep 18, 2017.

1. astroguy66 New Member

This has me flummoxed. Shaman have had these AAs in their lineup for FOUR years if I recall accurately. My whole style of play has been dictated by these tools. Spiritual rebuke is being somehow revamped to be more like spray. I've never used spiritual rebuke before, funnily enough. If these changes go live, knockback rooting as a form of crowd control for shamans has taken quite the nerf.
  2. kookoo Augur

AND IT :mad: BAD . they seem to always find a way to make that game less fun.........

I HOPE it's not going to live , but they usually don't even bothering listening from players thoughts.

all the nerfs since years,, even if a class got some abilities since years , we choose to play a class and having fun with.
    PLEASE keep resources to improving game issues ~ bugs ~/ stability .or really overpowered ability that can be checked , shaman roots were ( are ) not a game breaker.
    I play:
    shm
    chanter ( really HATE the HUGE punt nerf we got )
    warrior
    mage.
    oh well I guess NERFS = more enjoyable game for them .
    I know some skills were very overpowered and needed some fix , but come on..............................
  3. Ironnuts Journeyman

Mezz the adds with the enchanter?
  4. McDougal Augur

LOL You have to wonder what the hell was going on here. I think some components of EQ are way out of touch with their player base now.
  5. Gromble New Member

Spiritual rebuke was good for those mobs you couldn't park but were on the move. it was fast enough that you could keep a mob from getting to its destination by continuously pushing it backwards. With this change to make it more like paralytic spray, they took that functionality away, and also made it so when you use the area root, you have to have a target selected or you waste the cast. So, thanks Daybreak for castrating shaman's abilities to crowd control. It is has been one of our primary functions for years.
    Been playing my shaman since '99, and this is the first time an update makes me want to stop playing.
    suckage.

Gromble DaBomble 105
    Bertox
    shamanizing since'99
  6. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

I think this nerf is actually a stepin the right direction.... it's a step away from the 'everyone can do everything' mantra that they were gravitating towards. yes, it sucks that my CC has become slightly more complicated to use, but it's a minor thing in the long run.
    fransisco likes this.
  7. Raccoo Augur

Spiritual Rebuke was a knockback with fade. It wouldn't always work on multiple mobs because they would reagro immediately if within social range. That's why the fade would work fine on one mob, but rarely would on multiples.

[IMG]

It was sometimes dangerous to use this, because you could actually get more agro with it, and it also has a slight chance to blind you. It was like a gimpy version of ranger's flusterbolt, or enchanter's beguiler's banish. It didn't fade and then keep them unagro for a few seconds. It was instant fade, but they could reagro immedately. No rooting either.

New Spiritual Rebuke looks like a copy paste of our Paralytic Spray. If anyone can point out the difference to me, please do.
  8. Kinadorm Augur

Basically they removed Spiritual Rebuke and Paralytic Spore from shaman and just renamed Paralytic Spray to Spiritual Rebuke. At a minimum I think we deserve an explanation on why it was done. Losing Spiritual Rebuke and Paralytic Spore sucks. I used both of them all the time. I hope they have something great planned for the expansion to make up for it.
  9. Aelen Augur

The difference is the new Spiritual Rebuke is overall a better version of Paralytic Spray. Instead of a cone, it's a frontal AE, which is a rectangle. It's a large rectangle, big AoE. And it can be cast twice a minute. Technically it's a push that triggers a root, which means the push should function on anything regardless of if it's root immune, whereas Virulent Paralysis is blocked from pushing root immune targets.

This is a rework, not so much a nerf. What you can do with your tools changed a bit. I like the new setup better, it supports aggression well.
  10. Kinadorm Augur

The main benefit of Spiritual Rebuke was its mem-blur capability which the new version doesn't have. It was also instant cast and fast recast which the new version lacks. Ultimately we lost a nice ability with no way to replicate it. The new Spiritual Rebuke push working on root immune mobs doesn't matter much without the blur since they will now be aggro and immediately come running at you. To get back its former functionality it would need to work like Beguilers Banishment though I prefer the way it used to work minus the random blind.
  11. Raccoo Augur

I suppose they figured "let's consolidate these two similar AAs for shaman!" Then couldn't keep the name Paralytic Spray since druids would ask why their version named exactly the same is inferior (like necros do for Death Effigy).
  12. Kinadorm Augur

The problem is Paralytic Spray and Spiritual Rebuke did completely different things. The only thing they had in common was a knockback component. What should have happened is leaving Spiritual Rebuke alone and making a new AA line for our Paralytic Spray called Virulent Spray or something. Without rebuke we have no way to deal with root immune mobs now.
  13. McDougal Augur

The problem is we had four cc options and now we have two. It was nice being able to reposistion a rooted mob with rebuke also. I guess there was some kind of reasoning behind it but I can't think of one.
    Brohg likes this.
  14. Perplexed Augur

LOL....funniest comment posted in a while. I believe the majority of EQ-ers think chanters are buff bots, and have no concept of what an enchanter can do or how to group with one who plays to the max.
    /rant off..carry on
  15. kookoo Augur

BTW I got an alt enchanter and ROCK at it, I know how to mez mass of adds, we talking about shm aa's not from what other class can do ;)