Shaman epic- "a lesser spirit" wont talk

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Joyeuxx, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Joyeuxx Lorekeeper

I thought I would do the shaman epic for an alt. Knowing faction is needed, I thought I'd run through the quest talking to the lesser spirit and handing the gem to the guy in WF. However, the lesser spirits wont converse. I have indifferent faction with the one in OOT, but don't get any response.

Clearly I am missing something, but I am lost as to what.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Iila Augur

The one in Butcherblock is easier to get to, and can be pulled over to the druid ring if you've got a second box/friend willing to help you grind the TrueSpirit faction.

As for problems, make sure you're not invis. If you're somehow too low in faction, you can head over to Icewell Keep and get an Ornate Velium Pendant from the councilors in the little arena thing. It has 4 charges of a faction boosting spell.
  3. CrazyLarth Augur

Dont be illusioned or have lev on or invisable.
    I cant think of any other reason why it not talk to you? maybe you have to kill it and not a pet kill to start the conversation?

It is also important to do the steps in order. Otherwise you won't have sufficient faction to complete later steps.

Their are 4 starting areas to start the quest. thought they had to 4 due to starting races but not `100% sure now.
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=767

nice walk threw with pics some what old
    http://mysite.verizon.net/drexxell/eq/shamanepic.html
  4. Iila Augur

You can just grind the step of handing in the gem from one of those spirits. A smart bind point and a teleporter to chain that turn in lets you skip all the non-essential portions of the quest. It's also good for other Truespirit factioned epics. It's a very useful thing if you're one of those weird people who likes to collect epics from other classes.
  5. someshaman New Member

You have a faction issue, true spirit to be exact. You will need to repeat the first few couple of steps a couple of times until the spirit will talk to you.
  6. Dalmoth Journeyman

will most likely have to do it 2 or 3 times, think it took me three times to get things working smoothly.