Shaman DPS/Aggro: Some chiaz with my whine

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Chichiaz, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Chichiaz Journeyman

Sitting at about 175k manar and the poison combo dot now uses 12% of my mana and I get massive aggro with a few dots with having subtlety max...wth. Back to non-stop canni eh. While it's nice having increased DPS, the balance seems to be missing here.
    Cauled likes this.
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

Do you clock your dps?
    Gundolin likes this.
  3. Sindaiann Augur

DoT aggro is normal. It's a trade off that is intended....welcome to the dot aggro world yall
    IblisTheMage and RPoo like this.
  4. Shinzen New Member

Shamans can now out dps monks. Quit complaining about balance.
  5. Tereil Elder

Yep. Welcome to the aggro.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  6. Cauled New Member

But I never wanted to out DPS anyone, I am a Shaman I want to support my group so they can DSP. Did Shaman DOTs need upgrading? Yes Did Mana cost need to go up, Sure ok But this change has made Shaman a non support class, don't bother asking me to cast Roar of Lion on the group, I am out of mana and the 13K it cost to cast it would better spent on a DOT that does tripple the damage anyway.
  7. Vdidar Augur

shamans go to one of the better dps classes in game and people are complaining, wtf?
    IblisTheMage and Sancus like this.
  8. Minato Augur

Pass that sustained my way ill put it to good use
    Sindaiann likes this.
  9. Chichiaz Journeyman

The first night after playing I was bummed out because I had to re-learn my play style. I now save the mana hog dots for the bigger mobs, and I did complain because I was changed from a priest to dps class overnight. The cost of the dots went from 600 to 20k+, however I've learned to adjust. I just had to have a whinge. :p
  10. Koryu Professional Roadkill

No changes were made to your direct heals, heal over time, group heals, group heal over time, or wave heals. You're still a priest. You have been given the option to contribute DPS at the cost of managing mana and aggro, instead of just slowing everything and mashing a heal multibind. Managing mana comes easy for a Shaman, you're just going to need a better tank. If you can't find one of those, the swift DoTs do more damage than before without eating more mana than they used to. The new DoTs will be most useful for EoK giants and golems, I think.