Shaman DoTs after 3/15 update

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by telechir, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

This, even prenerf I couldn't out parse a zerker even burning a glyph when they didn't. Anyone who is surprised or mad about it is out of touch with reality, the first thing I said after testing the original changes was this isn't going to last long lol
    Sindaiann likes this.
  2. telechir Elder

I really don't know how to make it any clearer.

Shaman DPS in groups, post revamps, was never too high to require a nerf. It never exceeded druid dps, ever. I could load up my druid alt and out dps my shaman, in all instances, all day long; but shaman got nerfed.

Raid DPS is the problem (and everyone pins shaman for some reason, though druids can out DPS them in raids too, even sustained). And the reason is the DoT amplifying effects that were never re-tuned for higher base damage DoTs. These effects were tuned for 2-3k base damage dots, not 15k+. It is NOT nerfing anyone to retune these effects (the DoT portion only, not the melee/DD portions) for the updated DoTs, as EVERYONE who DoTs is supposed to be updated!

Remember when melee got their damage updated a few expansions ago? Remember how melee were doing crazy (for the time) DPS under certain HHEs, because the HHEs were not tuned for that high base damage? So they retuned the HHEs to allow melee to keep their needed base damage increase. What if instead they had said, "Well melee, under certain raid instances you put out too much DPS while being buffed by other classes, so instead of upping your base damage, we're going to nerf it (and triple your endurance cost, heehee). Sure, it cripples you under all OTHER circumstances, but in raids, you'll be about right."

That's what they just did to shaman. And you're all cheering for it.
  3. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

DoT classes will never excel in the group game in it's current form unless root rotting. With most trash dieing in less then 6 seconds with a group we're lucky to even get a DoT tick in. Even if they up the damage of fast dots and add the raid restriction back to them, it still won't make much of a difference since nameds are about the only thing we can get some DoT ticks in on. Root rotting after the nerf is still quite easy to do, if you want to excel in DPS go solo some, if you want to group we're still a good group toon with ADPS buffs and heals.
  4. Nylrem Augur

Hmm... maybe our zerkers are doing something wrong. I did specifically say long fights. Our zerkers are untouchable at shorter fights, but you are saying your zerkers are SUSTAINING over 500k DPS in a 5 min fight? Cuz that's what our shaman did, consistently, pre-nerf.

Our zerkers don't even do 250k sustained in a 5 min fight, what our shaman is capable of post nerf. Usually more like 200 ish. So, apparently they're doing something wrong? May have to look into that.

And the comments about this revamp supposed to 'fix' debuff issues is exactly right. They've made it so that it's actually worthwhile for other dotting classes to actually cast DoTs, other than necros, so it's actually made the problem worse for necros, and very much so. It's also not going to go away, even after necros get revamped, unless several changes are made.

To 'fix' the debuff issues... they need to change the spells. Don't allow ANY single spell to proc 2 debuff slots. If it's a DoT that can proc a 2nd DoT, or a debuff and a DoT, or whatever, just combine the dang things, and make it 1 debuff slot, and combine the damage. Or, if it's a random chance proc one, make it instant damage, a nuke proc, and then only the 1 debuff. ** I really like this idea, will allow for some 'faster' damage to be dealt occasionally by Dotting classes, much like the druid NFW proc can occasionally proc for a lot.

They will also need to totally reduce the number of necro DoTs, to be about the same total number shaman have. 13 per necro is still too many, will still consume too many debuff slots on raid mobs. Reduce to like 7 or 8, total.
  5. Sancus Augur

Yes, your zerkers (among others) are likely doing something wrong, or lack proper ADPS support or w/e.

Shaman (and Druids) still have quite strong raid DPS, especially for priest classes, but they certainly shouldn't be #1 on raid parses post nerf.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

couple things I don't understand. May be as a shammy you could explain to me.

1) - As a shammy even healing and dpsing .. how could ya ever run outta mana ?

2) - Why is it that you feel that a Priest class should even be in the top 5 dps classes in game ?

3) - why is it pointless to compare a healing class (aka priest class) to a pure .. dps class (aka necro) when discussing current content and how they are relatable to each (as they both use dots to dps) ??
  7. Lheo Augur

Just make for necros ONE Dot per dmg class: aka one fire dot, one poison dot, one disease dot and magic dot, keep mana cost and dps , problem solved :)
  8. Chaosflux Augur

Karana have mercy. Those Zerkers better not even be making the top 10 at 200k sustained in 5 minutes.
  9. ~Mills~ Augur

Now its time to bring druids back down to reasonable. First round didnt cut it.
  10. Jondalar Augur

Run outta mana? Nah. Have to actually think about it and use both cannis on cooldown? Yea. It gets there if you are going all out.
  11. Thraine Augur

cause some of those shaman dots are around 14k mana per cast, if the ranger hits cheetah fang .. thats 28k mana per cast for the next few casts
  12. Natal Augur

Maybe you should consider the possibility that your dps classes simply suck or are being really lazy? DPS classes on raids should be topping at least 300k and preferably be doing 600k+.
    Chaosflux likes this.
  13. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

1) Healing/buffing ADPS doesn't take too much mana, dps use to be a lil noticeable but nothing crazy. Current Dots crash our mana pretty fast though, honestly it's been a nice change to me, before we had basically unlimited mana. Now we have to be smart about when and what to cast to manage mana properly.

2) I agree Priests shouldn't be ahead of the pure DPS classes, but at the same time to hit those kind of DPS numbers we basically have to play as a pure dps class with out giving much attention to other things we're capable of.

3) Necro Dot revamp should be next, I'd assume based off how the Shaman one went that Necro's will be crazy sustained DPS again like they were designed to be and Shaman shouldn't even compare to Necros after the change. But currently comparing the revamped Shaman to the non-revamped Necro is far from a good comparison.
  14. smash Augur

Priests should not be near top 5. Which they are in atm. So should be reduced by 30% vs raid targets. Let them keep their dps vs group mobs.

Problem with shaman vs druid. Druids might be able for short time to get higher than shaman but then they out of mana, while shamans recharge fast thanks to cannibalize. When they die then 30 sec after rez they at 50% mana again.
  15. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Yes Shaman regen mana faster then other classes, but it's not as powerful as it once was. Currently Canny gives me not quite 30% mana and it has a 2 min refresh fully hasted. If I die with canny down it could be a minute or 2 before I can even get back to healing properly let alone back to DPSing. As a reference I blew 50% of my mana to test that in a matter of seconds casting dots.
  16. Chaosflux Augur

INB4 someone says "but OMG just cast DoTs with GOM"