Shaman Buffs on Pets?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Lumiens, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Lumiens Augur

Just wondering how useful Shaman buffs are for pets? Does str, dex, agi and atk do that much for pets (mage pets especially) or is it too marginal to make much of a difference? Stuff like a shamans panther type of procs might be more useful though?
  2. shruggz Elder

while I have never tried to parse the difference between standard shaman buffed pet and a non buffed pet. I can say that especially in the late game every bit helps. (be it mage pet or shaman pet or other)

when you count on pet to be able to tank a named, survive an add, or off tank something, every single little thing that you can do to help increase your likelihood of surviving should be done.

as far as buffs vs pather type procs, you should be using roar of the lion instead, roar of the lion is far and away superior to panther line. (unless of course your not of level to use lion yet then by all means keep panther line running during combat always.)

and its not an either or. do both standard buffs and roar of lion, or standard buffs and panther line.
  3. McDougal Augur

If you give your pet dimensional armor and attunable dropped they are surprisingly good tanks,at least the later shaman pets. Probably as good as a merc tank actually. Their dps sucks big time but they can survive and hold agro well enough to allow you to dot the mob up . Nothing like my necro or beastlord pets obviously but worth having out if you know how to use them. Buffs work except for sta which has no effect as for as I can tell.
    Yimin likes this.
  4. Yimin Augur

Most buffs will make the pet chance to live better then if it had no buffs ... I make Shaman and Rangers just to buff my pets

Yi Min