Shaman advice please --- Slow stacking

Discussion in 'Priests' started by EspiritunNox, Nov 4, 2014.

1. EspiritunNox New Member

At level 100 does it make sense to cast more than one slow spell/ability during the same mob?

i.e fatigue/apathy/langur on tank
    AND
    counterbalance slow on mob
    AND
    turgurs swarm on same mob

What are the stacking rules here

Also, which cripple spell/ability is used at level 100
  2. Brohg Augur

Fatigue gets in before you can land other spells, frequently, plus gives the tank agro plus a small heal over time. Yes use it.

Counterbias is the main slow, with a good resist adjust and a chunky heal over time for the tank.

Turgurs is the same % slow as Counterbias, a touch more resistable but a much longer duration and you can cast it between other spells, or during Counterbias's cooldown. Very useful.

At 100, Crippling Counterbias covers the slowing & the crippling. At 105, you can choose to keep using the old Crippling Counterbias, or use the new Regenerating Counterbias plus one of the two cripple AAs (Spirit, Apparition).
    Fenudir likes this.
  3. Fenudir Augur

I'd add to this but this is just about perfect.
    drkoli likes this.
  4. Rathgar Journeyman

The fatigue line affects melee delay according to spell data. Slow affects melee haste. Use em both (use the counter bias line over the turgurs).

To be honest: slow is uneeded in group game with a tank.
  5. Jaybizzer Lorekeeper

I may be in the minority here, but I still have both balance spells in my lineup on some raids (balance of discord and balance of nihil). I favor the low cast times over counterbias on raids where there are alot of adds to slow. With Turgurs AA / Discord / Nihil you can slow a ton of mobs quickly.
  6. Ravengloome Augur

With Hungry plague you can slow alot of mobs faster then loading 2 balances.
  7. Jaybizzer Lorekeeper

Hungry Plague is 40% slow
    Both Balances are 75% slow
    Big difference
  8. Brohg Augur

"big" isn't the word for that difference against raid levels of slow mitigation, when you're just filling the gap till one of your shm Turg it. The real problem with Balances of course is that they take up slots that could be additional Reckless heals. Bards, beasts, enc & other shm with their Turg AA, or you with Tigir's AA can also spread around basic slows on the mobs while you have good heals loaded to actually keep mofos on their feet to tank them.
  9. Ravengloome Augur

Slightly slowed is what 25% of the actual slow value? The length of time required to single target slow + loss of critical spell gems negates any logical argument you could make.
  10. Brohg Augur

Mostly is always 1.5x Partially, Slightly is always 0.5x Partially. But there's a trick.

Partially is variable, by zone. Like the infamous Zone Experience Modifier, there's a hidden slider developers get to adjust on how effective slow spells are. In the middle-tier zones of each expansion, generally Partially means 40% of the slow. Partially is sometimes 50% if an expansion comes with a "tier 0" (think Feerrott, Shard's Landing). But as you go up tiers of content, Partially means even less of the slow is effective. Same message, lower effectiveness. Raids can have their slow effectiveness tied to the base zone they're set in (this is usually the case), or it can be different if they're in an instance just with cloned geometry or whatever (CToV is the most recent example of that).
  11. Jaybizzer Lorekeeper

I get slowing a lot of mobs with tigirs / drowse line of slows / plague / sluggishness for pre-slows but on alot of events, the adds are spread out or there are multiple bosses spawning at the same time in different locations. On events like these, these AE slow type spells are not as effective. I like having both balances up to make sure everything is getting my best slow on them quickly. And targetting and slowing mobs is not exactly difficult with the extended target window and buff inspection. Part of my issue as well is I play on Zek so my AE slows hit pets and make them aggro on me.

And loss of spell gems?
    Malosenete
    Discord
    Nihil
    Sluggishness
    Panther
    AE Heal
    Group Heal
    Reckless
    Direct Heal
    Group Hot
    Cann
    Intervention

What are you guys putting in there instead of Discord / Nihil
  12. Ravengloome Augur

Reckless heals. Frost gift. Hungry plague (if the event is super add intense). Issuance of malos. What ever is needed for a particular event.

I use tigirs aa if I need to slow multiples and make sure I drop my Malo totem where the add tanks are going to stack. Then plop twinned surges on them and work through the mass with AA slow, unless the adds are being killed fast.

Normally I wouldn't even load the regular mending spell. Stand in range of surge and pop off recourse/group hot.
  13. Corlen-Xeg Elder

I cannot stress enough that the gift line is a determinant to a shamans healing abilities. Please drop it from your lineup and replace it with literally any other spell.
  14. Ravengloome Augur

Ok ill replace it with the Panther spell
  15. Jaybizzer Lorekeeper

Hungry Plague? Do any other shamans touch this spell on raids? Just curious.