Shaman AA Ideas

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Coruth, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Iila Augur

Even with all our burn abilities, we don't hit 50% of the output of top DPS classes. Aiming for that is probably setting your sights too high.

I don't know why you guys wouldn't have the full set of dot AAs, it makes sense for you to have them. ITC is pretty good for dots, even without any other support discs. There's no reason why any class shouldn't have a few fun DPS things to do when the situation arises.

Every class asks for ports, evacs, secondary binds, IVU, group fade, mem blurs, selos, SK epic, SHM epic, innate DT procs and shadowman illusions.

I'm honestly curious, why do you want a wall of wind copy? Just for the snare?
  2. Coruth Augur

I know its probably a no-go to add new ranks to at least some of the Spire Abilities.

But 1st Spire: Rank4: Becomes a Group Buff (like third spire is)

New Cannabilize AA that is 1 Expansion behind the spell version and shares a timer with spell version.
    ((Basically free a spell gem, I know I have spell gem issues galore))

Upgrades to Turgurs/Maloisene AAs that add an HOT on Caster when used. ((Rather than reflected like counterbias))

Cursed Spore: Knockback shares a timer with Paralytic Spore + adds a memblur
  3. Corlen-Xeg Elder

An AA to reduce the recast timer on the Bite line would be pretty sweet.
  4. McDougal Augur

I'd rather use pack anyway. Sorry I ever bought any bite AA's. If they stacked it would be different.
  5. Corlen-Xeg Elder

I mean our Bite poison nuke line.
  6. McDougal Augur

Ahh sorry. I never nuke. I was kind of amused that they still had those 'awesome' slow casting ice nukes around when I came back. The poison nuke/spears are something I never really used. Always loved the DOTS :). Still kind of a unique thing with Shaman/ Necro.
  7. Darchon_Xegony Augur

...and Druids and bards and SKs and rangers.

Your bite line of spells is quite good. I suggest you test it out. Then imagine them unlinking the past 2 iterations and maybe 1-2 second quicker recast. How would your DPS be then? I think about in line with where it should be.
    Corlen-Xeg likes this.
  8. Tiqou Elder

Maybe he is only soloing? Or maybe he is a FTP without all the DD AAs?
  9. Darchon_Xegony Augur

FTP shouldn't care about DPS as a shaman. As a shaman, personal DPS is a distance tertiary role which you only should be concerning yourself with after you've optimized your primary and secondary roles (healing/support and debuffing/root CC). Neither of which you really can optimize with FTP AA caps. In short, FTP shouldn't be concerned with new content at all. There's 18 expansions and 95 levels of other stuff to do.

Soloing, meh. If you're soloing you can devote a lot of spell gems to DoTs already, which is one thing that hinders DPS for standard group or raid situations since you need to devote spell slots to things like healing, debuffing, buffing and ADPS. Limiting the number of DoTs you can load without cycling spell gems.

Also even without the Druid root AAs (which I saw yet again was something a shaman wanted to take), nuking doesn't break root too terribly often. It's a RNG roll but it can last often 3-4 nukes before a new root is required.
  10. McDougal Augur

Nukes almost always break root in my experience. Even that little Loyalty Vendor rabbit thing with the 1 point nuke breaks my AA root. Shaman kiting is silly IMO. I remember doing it with my JB bracer LOL but I don't even mem a root anymore.
  11. Corlen-Xeg Elder

I like this because its a rather simple change to give us some extra DPS. Unlinked bites and reduced cast time aa would give a boost but wouldn't go too far as to make Shamans a powerhouse.
  12. Xirtket Augur

I can point out that shamans bring a lot of adps to the groups their in, add up all the adps they bring and see how much of a gap there is then between a necro and shaman.

If shamans want a burn, I would suggest asking for it via nukes or something, because no guild in their right mind is going to let a shaman dot over a necro if their fighting for debuff slots, it just doesn't make sense, I can understand how it would suck to not be able to dot on raids, but due to the games mechanics, dots are a very quirky part of EQ, they've always been vastly different in how they function vs nukes, that's why I can't stand being grouped together with wiz,mag,chanter category. Necros might share the same armor type with those classes, but really shouldn't be grouped with them, we work very differently.

I do realize the shamans dps might in itself not be good, but again, you have to look at what adps you guys bring to the table, like I said, the adps might not be directly shown as the shamans dps, but it can be attributed to them. I personally don't think shaman should be able to have a good burn, raise the groups dps significantly at the same time, while also healing, debuffing and slowing.
  13. Corlen-Xeg Elder

The only ADPS a Shaman brings to the table is via epic clicks and Third Spire and Ancestral Aid every 10 minutes. That's a pretty poor way to judge our ADPS since it all revolves around an epic click to start.

Snow Leopard barley anything to sneeze at.
  14. Darchon_Xegony Augur

The amount of DPS that the shaman epic itself brings, it quite ridiculous though. Shamans have gotten some pretty unbalanced items in their time. PoSky FD ring, TA, Epic...

Epic alone is what % of each melee in your groups burn? 5-10%? More?

Even at the lower end of the spectrum that is a huge chunk of DPS and beats out any priest / Support classes personal DPS if they devoted themselves to that fully. Assuming 4-5 melee DPS and 0-1 bard in your group.

I don't have too much of an issue with the suggestions I made. But beyond that... You can't/shouldn't grant shamans DPS abilities unless it negates their ADPS by sharing timers or something. If you want to DPS, like another class whose primary role isn't DPS (priest or support or tank), you should need to make sacrifices to maximize that DPS like they all do. ADPS being mostly passive means you can click a single hotkey, provide all that support then go on to do other stuff. Whereas everyone else has to actively cast DPS spells at the cost of not casting their primary purpose spells like heals or debuffs/CC.

So beyond a simple timer unlink and hastened recast line... Adding much more will create an unbalance.
  15. Behelit Augur

why not just give them a burn ability and tie in a negative healing focus for boosted dps similar to the Cleric Vow line? priests heal, and -80% healing focus would more than render that primary role useless allowing for the balance to do respectable DPS during that time.
  16. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I made such a suggestion already. But a large chunk of their healing comes from delayed effects and HoTs. So a decreases heal effectiveness mod could be circumvented mostly. Something that blocks you from using Recourse or HoTs on your group would work. Or what I suggested that limits their ability to self heal largely.
  17. Gnarrgh New Member

Why is everbody exept shamans commenting in here? Go ask for mana regen in your AA thread dr00ds. That said I think we pretty good in healing. Could use faster reuse on spiritual blessing.
    Improved TC would be nice. Faster casting snowleopard AA and AA that add some more ADPS to it (today its pretty meh). More ranks of Ancestrial aid and Union of spirits. More ranks and more ADPS (a proc or add % to flurry or something) to Group Pact of wolf
    Fatigue AA, can be a little worse than the spell or remove the heal on it, but free up a spell gem. Pack of Krigas AA. Longer lasting group Cheetah. Some debuff proc or damage from pet that is being discussed in here sounds like a nice idea.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why would any shaman want more nukes then dots? Sure for some guilds they have issues with debuff slots on raids but that is not the case for everyone. Also with the fact that nukes break root that would make any shaman that root rots not want that damage at all.
  19. Iila Augur

You need 5+ necros before you start running into debuff slot problems. Unless there are some terrible bsts or SKs with 8 dots loaded eating up debuff slots. Grabbing a few slots for good dots shouldn't be an issue for guilds that run less than 2 necro groups.

Xirket might actually be running into debuff slot issues, we did have raids where necro dots started bouncing when I was in SR. Of course there were things like SHM swift dots eating up space a solid year after they were nerfed on raid bosses. There's a decent chance it's a symptom of other, deeper issues with players on those raids.
  20. Xirtket Augur

I was speaking in general terms, right now we have 2 active necros raiding, so debuff slots aren't an issue, but the overall consensus seems to be necro dots over shaman, which if you run enough necros, you nullify the shaman dots, and therefore nullify the shaman burn they are requesting (at least for a raid setting)