Shaman AA Ideas

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Coruth, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Coruth Augur

Longer Talisman of Snow Leopard Line that uses the previous expansions talisman

Example: Current Shaman use is Talisman of Snow Leopard Level 96
    so AA Version would be Talisman of Lion Level 91 Spell

Group Primal Essence AA. 20 to all melee stats against stat cap. people are getting uncapped even with raid gear.

Group Pact of Wolf: Add some attack or a proc onto it.

Inconspicous Totem 3: Add a hide / invis to you automatically.
  2. Ming New Member

I'd like to see for new aa's:

Reduction to lion line cast times. 5 secs I think is current cast time if I recall or thereabouts, and this locks out alot of time. 3 secs could even be tolerable.

A activated twin dot aa for some personal dps.

Upgrade to Union of spirits but for group only not mgbable.

Quick damage aa or something similar to storm strike.

Those are all off the top of my head atm.

Peace out,
    Ming
  3. Feradach Augur

I like the idea of a line to reduce cast time on snow leopard. That's good. I'd also like an AA version of Pack of Kriegas. I'd actually use it if I didn't have to keep it memmed.
    Zyrek likes this.
  4. Snowman Augur

- reduced Totem cast times - as some classes are at 3 minutes now
    -improved totem with a invis or remove the root for the last 30 seconds
    -something to reduce the cast time or greatly increase the time it last for all maw spells ( or a aa Maw line that is a level below the current spell )
    -hastened canni
    -Spirit Invis - regular and undead self only
    -AA to summon food/water/corpses
    -improved ancestrial aid
    -improved union of spirits
    -hastened union of spirits
    -could we look at improving all 3 spires or even just reducing their cast time ( this could be for all classes )
    -a 2nd spirit bind point
    -improved tugur swarm with an atk debuff or even some sort of feralize component
    -hastened turgur swarm
    -any type of aa to increase shaman dps with dot's
    -hastened cripple
    -improved spiritual rebuke ( not sure what to add a 10 second root component or something )
    -hastened call of the wild

a few idea's I have atm
  5. Ming New Member

Agree and like some of those ideas snow:

Spirit inviz would be very nice
    Improvement to ancestrial aid is also good as its a good melee disc foe up to pop.
    And same doe union of spirits

All good ideas.

Dont think eldiroth is going to touch any spires if I recall his responses the past few years.

A activated improved twincast for dots same concept as for nukes would be good for dps improvements on same timer as ITC with same hastened line added. Could be called improved twindot. this would help please those that want some dps improvement.

Were a support class that heals so our main focus should continue to be towards that.

Great ideas so far. Waiting for warring to chime in now. :)

Peace out,
    Mingsawshi
  6. Kinadorm Augur

• Invis to Undead AA
    • Secondary Bind/Gate
    • More Ranks of Virulent Paralysis and Hastened Virulent Paralysis
    • New Rank of Silent Presence with Unlimited Duration
    • More Pact of the Wolf and Group Pact of the Wolf ranks
    • More Hastened Totem ranks
    • New Totem rank that adds invis
    • Hastened Cripple AA's to bring the cast time of Crippling Spirit/Apparition down to something reasonable
    • Pet buff AA that does what Spirit Bolstering should have done like Frenzied Burnout.
    • More DoT crits and higher damage crits.
    • Extended Cheetah
    • Activated DoT AA
    • New Cone-Based Virulent Paralysis AA
    • Spirit Call is due for an upgrade I think
    • More Healing Boon / Gift
    • More Prolonged Salve
  7. Sowslow Elder

Staff Block - so using 2hb might actually happen.

More DoT AAs
    Zyrek and Feradach like this.
  8. Kinadorm Augur

• AA Snare DoT
    • Self only evac - Escape into the spirit world
    • Forage cap increase
    • More "Shielding of Spirits" ranks
    • Activated divine aura AA
    • Quick DoT - Innate cast time reduction on DoT's
    • Clinging Root - Innate boost to root duration / durability.
  9. telechir Elder

Wall of wind copy. The class that has it says it's weak/useless, and was given a Virulent Paralysis copy because they claimed it was so great, so should be no problem right?
  10. Behelit Augur

Pack Leader: activated AA, decreases HP to return Endurance to target group member (self-sacrificing cannibalize sort of idea), -30k HP for +10k Endurance to target. 6min recast

Unrelenting Rabies: activated AA that grants a 1min buff in short-duration buff window. the buff would decrease healing % and in return grant a chance to proc a dot, nuke, or both when casting damaging spells. 15-20min recast

Unrelenting Rabies
    Classes: SHM/254
    Target: Self
    Beneficial: Blockable
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 1m (10ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: No
    1: Cast on Spell Use: Infectous Rabies Effect (25% Chance)
    2: Limit Spell Category: Offensive Damage
    3: Limit Min Level: 90
    4: Decrease Healing by 1% to 50%

Unrelenting Rabies Effect
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Unresistable
    1: Cast: Flash of Rabies (35% Chance)
    2: Cast: Lingering Rabies (35% Chance)
    3: Cast: Virulent Rabies (30% Chance)

Flash of Rabies
    Resist: Disease -46
    1: Decrease Current HP by 15000

Lingering Rabies
    Duration: 12s
    1: Decrease Current HP by 9000 per tick

Virulent Rabies
    Duration: 12s
    1: Decrease Current HP by 15000
    2: Decrease Current HP by 9000 per tick

Blessing of the Tribunal: activated AA that grants increased healing for 1min. 10min recast

Blessing of the Tribunal
    Skill: Abjuration
    Duration: 60s (10 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: No
    1: Increase Healing by 20%
    2: Limit Type: Beneficial
    3: Limit Effect: Current HP

Quickening of the Tribunal: activated AA that grants increased spell haste for healing spells. 10min recast

Quickening of the Tribunal
    Duration: 24s (4 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: No
    1: Increase Spell Haste by 50%
    2: Limit Type: Beneficial
    3: Limit Effect: Current HP
  11. Tarrin Augur

Evacs?
    Multliple binds?
    Lots of personal DPS?

Sounds legit.
  12. Feradach Augur

Anything that increases our healing abilities would be fine with me. Also, any new features that let us restore endurance for members of the group would be fantastic too. Bring back the zing!
  13. Apeon New Member

Pack Leader or some way to return endurance.
    Any increase to our personal dps would be welcome.
    Blessing of the Tribunal would be good, or add AAs to increase the duration of Spiritual Blessing.
    More Hastened Totem AAs.
    Increase Ancestral Guard, Ancestral Aid, and Armor of Ancestral Spirits(Not just more ranks, but make them actually viable in current EQ).
    Self-Only Combo Invis.
    Hastened Crippling Spirit/Apparition.

I also would like an activated version of the VoA BP effect. A large group rune followed by either a 100% damage or crit increase for snow leopard or an increase to incoming heals for ~30 seconds.
  14. Kanamori Hitatomi New Member

I would like to have something I could call a burn that could do actual meaningful DPS in raid situations. It's truely sad when the bard in my group on raids says damn you can't do any DPS. It's been way too long past due to get something in this area. We finally got ourselves positioned where we can heal pretty effectively in our roles in raids and most group setups (granted, I'm completely raid centric in this view, I have not played a group level shaman in over 10 years, I am quite biased on this front). Pretty much every class minus ours, Clerics, and Bards have something to call a DPS burn. Seeing how during the first few years of EQ that we had the same DoTs as Necros, just further down the road in levels, it's time to start reclaiming some of that heritge back. We should be able to do more DPS than a badly geared melee toon 20-25 levels lower than us, right now, we don't.

Not every event am I spamming heals, or at least during some portions of an event we might have a lull in spamming heals like a 66% cleric. In almost any end game guild, during those times, you cannot load up a mob with DoTs, as the necros have taken all the debuff slots with their much more meaningful DoTs.

Our nuke damage is pitiful in comparison to what we can do with DoTs, and even with 7th Vet AA activated and max nuke-related AAs gotten (crit rate, crit damage increase %, twincast), we cannot provide anything meaningful to the raid, so few Shamans even bother beyond throwing the fast nuke between heals of the MT/OT, which gets resisted maybe 10-20% of the time if we're lucky and the mob isn't outright immune to poison damage (much hate T3 RoF). So, I'd like to propose a specific dedicated burn AA (lasting at least 2 min) that puts us at Wizard-level crit rate and damage increasing %'s with our current spell lineups (meaning we'd use our fast nuke, cold nuke, and poison nuke as they were available chain casting, not doing any huge damage with these spells even at the mods a Wizard has, but will improve what we can do currently) and that is stackable with 7th/glyphs. That would give us meaningful DPS and still have us so far behind Warrior/SK/Paladin burn DPS that we'd still be last on the parse ahead of maybe the Clerics. But, we'd at least feel better about ourselves.

Likewise, we should have another burn disc devoted to being able to match Necro level DoT ability (crit rate, crit damgae increase %, and twindot) with our current DoT lineups (without the dual casting fast dots and much larger base damage, we would never approach even a 20 level difference between us and a necro). Even using as many spell slots as possible on the mob, with how slow casting/ramping our DoTs are, we'd be hard pressed to surpass any non-Bard/Cleric/Druid sustainable DPS level (remember, this would be our burn, it is completely non sustainable) for that two-minute (prefer two min due to how long our spells take to get on a mob) time period.

Both AA's would have a refresh of 30 min and NOT linked at all to each other, we could theoretically burn both AA's during a single mob. The cost of doing these burns is that we're not healing the group or the MT/OT order, so, we do sacrifice a huge amount to do any kind of burn. Our role is healing on raids, but it would be nice to finally at last say during those 2 minutes that we did something. IIRC, Druids can say that during their caster burn time and do significant DPS, whereas even using 7th and doing nothing but DPS, we're going to at most be 30-40k DPS (on like a 30-60 second lifespan mob, more like 10k DPS sustained) were we to be able to try to do that DPS (which we rarely are able to keep our nukes on cooldown since we're spam healing peeps). In groups, we're looking at maybe 15-20k DPS due to ramp and cast times of ours that are significantly longer than most other classes to do any DPS, and you can forget even trying that if you're the sole healer in the group.
  15. Tarrin Augur

Druids give up a lot for our burns and personal DPS.

Are you ready for that?
  16. telechir Elder

Aren't you one of the guys asking for a druid mana recovery?

Maybe you should post in those threads about what druids are ready to give up.
  17. Tarrin Augur

Yes, we are asking for a way to be like every single INT/WIS class out there. Apple and Oranges.

We also get attacked for merely mentioning a shaman spell for comparison, even if we are asking for nothing like it. I guess shamans specifically asking for a half dozen druid ( well, druid/wiz ) specific things is ok, as well as being able to DPS like a druid.
  18. telechir Elder

Best mana preservation in the game.
    2x black wolf form.
    2x white wolf form.

Druids have it rough. Maybe there's a post about it somewhere.

When comparing things, one should expect to get called on emphasizing the benefits of the first thing and ignoring its drawbacks, while playing up the drawbacks of the second thing and ignoring its benefits.

It's kind of like, Person A having the longest lasting mana but not having a way to replenish it, vs. Person B burning through all his mana every other mob, then dropping half his hps to get a portion of it back.

Is it a fair comparison to say Person A's mana lasts forever and Person B's mana only lasts a couple mobs, obviously Person B needs better mana preservation?
  19. Tarrin Augur

You completely missed the point. Congrats.

Druids have NEVER wanted mana recovery for the sake of making their mana lasting longer.

Druids have ALWAYS wanted mana recovery purely for recovering from rezzes and mana drains. In most of our suggestions we typically go out of our way to ensure that it can only be used after a rez, or mana drain when possible.

Every single INT and WIS based class has a mana recovery option, except Druids.

Pretending that shams ever run out of mana while ignoring why Druids actually want an active mana recovery option is cute and destroys all of your credibility.

Anyways, this point is (or should) be mostly moot.
  20. Kinadorm Augur

• New rank of Spiritual Rebuke that does not have the dd component so it wont break root/mez and also remove the potential blind side effect.