Shaman 2019 Expansion Ideas

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Kinadorm, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

/shrug. a TBL raid shaman geared shaman should be able to muscle through eating at least 2 of those DD's, if not 3 in a shot. at this point I don't even load the single target cure. just weave in the group cure and keep topped off with splashes / group heals. even still, the single target cure is sufficient to cover that effect with room left over.
  2. Allayna Augur

I don't main a shaman by any means. From what our raid shaman tell me, if they have to cure 3 in their group, their option is to die themselves with a group cure or someone isn't going to get cured in time with the single cure and they'll die. /shrug, seems silly to be able to group cure something with more efficiency than a single cure.
  3. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

TBL raid geared at roughly 360khp + geomantra I can handle 3 cures without a death... if more than that get it (including myself) I usually wait a couple seconds to give a bard a chance to single cure someone and die if they don't. trick is really just to make sure you're full health before you hti that button.
  4. Kinadorm Augur

I think someone else is hung up on the druid/shaman comparison. The only druid item in my entire list is secondary bind/gate and that is shared by wizards and I proposed that all casters/priests should get it. If anything my list is influenced by my experience with my necro.
  5. Raccoo Augur

Enchanters, mages, wizards, necros all get eradicate AA. Monks have a BP that can dispell beneficial only as well. There is also a clicky rod that dispells beneficial, for monk, beastlords, necros and berserkers....really? Berserkers get one?

Although getting that dispell is low on my list.

My fix for this, use a lower level group cure (Tae ew), that cures the group of all except for 1 cast of the Minor Corruption single target. Hopefully the full group doesn't need cured or someone might die if you're the only curer. /shrug
    I'd still like a higher single target corruption.

Back during EOK raids, it annoyed me that I had to always cast group corruption twice on Droga (usually someone would die), because it had slightly higher counters than I could cure with that expansions current spell. And then that person would be OOR of the group spell...sigh.

Yes!
    Kamor likes this.
  6. Raccoo Augur

7. Runzen Elder

thirded ... is that a thing !?!
    Kamor and Teylana like this.
  8. Raccoo Augur

Priest classes should get a short recourse buff when they over heal that gives them a boost to next heal, or group heal, or something.
    Skewert likes this.
  9. Snowman Augur

I would love to see class AA's this expansion !!!
    Kamor likes this.
  10. Kamor Lorekeeper

Sure you have 360k now, but the first few times it was likely much much closer to 300k. The feedback is a bit over tuned for a class that does not have a viable single target cure. Savage Growth, Dragon Glyph, and Preincarnation shouldn't be required when you need to cure three group members. For future content rank 2 cures should have enough counters for events, needing to double cast a slow group cure is just silly for an event early in an expansion.
    Allayna likes this.
  11. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

I guess i'm confused where you say you don't have a viable single target cure... eradicate poison / eradicate curse works just fine to cure in a single cast. bards can also cure if you're single target curing....
    you can trigger to see who gets the various dots, yes you'll need to know who's in your group..... group cure if there's not more than you can handle, single and then group if there is... group heal / intervention immediately after every cure.... this isn't that hard. then there's also geomantras, runes, heal over time, glyphs if you still need them.. not sure if responsive spirit fires on this or not but it couldn't hurt.

this isn't rocket surgery...
  12. Raccoo Augur

They're talking about single target cures for corruption specifically. That's the one cure shaman have a poor single target version of. But I put my method in a post above, using a group cure for most of the counters, and then our single target cure to finish it off. That's for times 4+ people have it.
  13. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

fair 'nuff.
  14. Allayna Augur

4+ would be a death for the shaman...or 1 group member. This isn’t rocket surgery as medhisin says...if you can group cure for X counters, wouldn’t logic suggest that you’d at least be able to single cure for the same?
  15. Brohg Augur

waitwaitwait -- are different classes capable of different feats?
  16. Danaleigh Elder

Pet improvement and being able to overwrite Alliance ( if they up the level)
  17. Tappin Augur

Ice based DoT - both normal and quick.
    Reduce the cast time of mending, so we can actually use it.
    Allow dicho line to stack with other lines.
    Raccoo likes this.
  18. Raccoo Augur

Dicho/Dissident being blocked by AE dots annoys me. At least it hasn't seemed as bad in TBL as it did in ROS.
    Brohg likes this.
  19. chocster Lorekeeper

Enhanced Minion:
    1. Its time to add Shaman pet to utilize Enhanced Minion gear. Shamans started out with the intent of lots of pet utilization. I see SK pets conn red, I see chanter pets con red, I see Shaman pets conn Light Blue.

2. Shaman combined buffing AAs(at least grp/self Unity/Spirit of Talak): Its not going to get Shamans in the Over Powered category, just makes buffing easier

3. Normal expansion upgrades but of note: Cannibalization, improvements to pet AAs, removing recast time on Reckless heal lines

4. Remove Lingual bite, cripple, malo from being mirrored back on caster, it happens just as much as target resisting these spells...this ain't right...
  20. Ibudin Augur

I haven't dual'ed an SK with my Shaman pet, but they are an undercon for sure. If you have rank 3 of the shaman pet, its pretty flippy sturdy. I box my shaman along side my necro who has max focused pet, and if that pet dies, the shaman pet does very well on a pinch. I don't think the SK pet would last more than 1 round on a TBL namer.