Shadowknights in zones with limited/no summon mobs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Seldom, Aug 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seldom Augur

With the recent changes to SK's hate based spells being made instant, they are now able to quickly lock hate on mobs that don't summon, with a very safe distance. With that being said, they can gather up large trains of mobs, while never stopping, lock agro on them all, then have a merc wiz, wizzies, or group burn down all while running circles around a zone and hitting a couple instant hotkeys. SK's got a new and improved swarming skill it seems, this time they take zero damage.
  2. Viltaire Augur

Sks could have done that if they wanted to before the recent changes. No sk in their right mind wants to kite let alone kite to make exp while a wizard merc slowly burns stuff down. We don't want to kite while a group burns stuff down either. Kiting isn't fun.
    Mykaylla and RPoo like this.
  3. Seldom Augur

No, SK's couldn't do that prior to recent changes. With a single mob, you could have, while stopping a couple times. Now you can run circles, around entire zones, never stopping and locking agro on it all while it is burned down either by mercs or players.
  4. Torriadore Elder

This method isn't really much faster or more effective than kiting singles. It also sounds like much more trouble than it is worth, but if this is how you grind, all the more power to you I guess.
    Dre. likes this.
  5. IDotPeople Augur

SKs have always been able to kite, since 1999. The change here is a bit less stopping to cast terrors, more stopping to not run into other things, let the other mob keep up, etceteras. It was slow, painful, but we could slowly let a mob die to dots and the pet in the past. Wiz merc certainly speeds things up, but I can't imagine many SKs with the proper gear not wanting the benefit of the additional dps from meleeing their kill as well. SKs kiting a swarm? Doable, but pointless and wastes even more time, and would mostly just result in a dead merc more times than not.
  6. Goth Augur

sounds pretty powerfull to me. this is sort of how bards swarm kited years ago with wizards. bard would lock agro and wizards would AE burn stuff down.
    Seldom likes this.
  7. Seldom Augur

SK's could never run around a zone since 1999, lock aggro on it all while running and taking zero damage, then having entire trained burned downed while at no point risking taking any damage. This has only occurred since yesterday.
  8. IDotPeople Augur

You are obviously only interested in drama, and clearly have no idea how kiting works. You have stated yourself that you are only interested in your fun factor, so why are you doing this here?

Truklin, Iila and feiddan like this.
  9. Seldom Augur

Completely off topic, but since you brought that to this topic... It greatly lowers my fun factor when I come to a zone to do my daily grind with friends and we discover this new style of SK swarm which hinders that.
  10. Dre. Altoholic

Have fun when a named pops.
    Seldom likes this.
  11. IDotPeople Augur

So let me get this straight, your solution to a zone being used before you is to demand nerfs?
  12. Goth Augur

Well if a SK can lock agro on unlimited mobs while running around untouched while others AE the mobs dead this would be just another method of swarm kiting.
  13. Goth Augur

actually the solution to the problem would be to fix it ASAP rather than let if fester for years then finally being fixed.

you know like how they let other swarm abilities go on for far to long. Beams and other Swarm abilites
    Seldom likes this.
  14. Seldom Augur

This is 100% the new method of swarm kiting. I have demanded no nerfs, merely bringing it to the communities and devs attention. I highly doubt this type of activity was a goal.
  15. Goth Augur

bah just kill the named and commence the killing in mass.
  16. Goth Augur

if this is true hopefully something will be done before it goes on forever. We have already been through this zone disruption garbage with swarming.

Perhaps you should post what spells you think are allowing this. Links to alla / lucy spell data.
  17. IDotPeople Augur

They are going off bad info though, terrors still have a recast timer, explosion of hatred only hits about 8-10 mobs and has a recast timer as well. Nothing that is being said couldn't have been done before, it was simply made slightly easier. The AEs only hit what, 4 or 8 mobs now anyways? The OP is just trying to get nerfs in retaliation for the paladins getting nerfed, which wasn't SHD idea by the way.
  18. Goth Augur

maybe you can post links to these spells. I am not familair with them. I really dont want another swarming situation though . as a am sure a lot of folks dont.
  19. IDotPeople Augur

Well those who want to swarm, still can. Nothing stops a mage from doing it still, it would just take much much longer to burn down.

Anyways, in regards to the specific abilities I would probably use if for some reason I felt the need to do this, probably be looking at Terror of Desalin, Terror of Poira, Demand for Power (which has 2 sec cast time btw), explosion of hatred, beam of hatred, and possibly Repugnance and Abhorrence.

This wouldn't be AE killing though, I'd primarily focus on keeping hate on a single mob at a time. Get demand on the one I want dead, terror as possible, use explosion/beam to attempt to keep the others mad at me (limited effectiveness, they only hit like 8-10 mobs, and probably only worth half a wizard ethereal nuke in agro). I might use repugnance and abhorrence, but I would have to deflect then to get full use. Or I could try to perfectly time them so they hit right before the mobs arrive, then get my butt out of there before insta dying. Hardly a no risk situation using those.

So yea, I could see this working, slowly, and I don't see why a PAL/WAR couldn't do the same honestly. Why was there no cries of outrage when the WAR AE was super agro on all things in existence I wonder. Kind of fishy if you ask me.

Edit: I would never want to do this though, as with the lame effectiveness of AEs and amount of coordination I'd have to do for this super swarm brothers situation Seldom thinks we have, be faster to just use my usual box team killing them the normal way.
  20. Dre. Altoholic

Does that terror rune AA work like regular rune hate?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.