Shadowknight Epic - please reconsider

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gutt, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Funk Augur

What would really be funny is if they adjusted Marl on all live servers but not TLP. Because TLP's are supposed to give you that classic feel that you signed up for!

It's also funny that you can't even admit that you yourself made this decision to play on a server specifically billed as classic but want to change it to your personal specifications because your "quality of life" is suffering. You can't even be happy with all the bones they've thrown you already...you want MORE!!! The boundaries of human stupidity keep growing exponentially.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Whoa whoa whoa nobody signed up for tlp because they want the most classic experience.
  3. Machentoo Augur

Err, they have done exactly that--not sure on the SK epic, but they changed a lot of epic quests for live and made them much, much easier but kept the old harder versions on progression.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  4. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

LOL you think TLP servers are like classic.
  5. CyryllisFenninRo Lorekeeper

Sk epic and enchanter epic really do need some tweaking on spawn timers. then again, it could be argued that you don't need an epic and people feel too entitled to finishing them.

You could always quest a greenmist instead, its nice to be able to use a shield.
  6. Mesozoic_Coirnav New Member

I've only seen one SK epic and zero Enc epics on phinny. I feel like enchanters would be less angry with a SK asking for haste if it didn't cost mana.
  7. asdfqwerty Journeyman

"i feel like" how millennial speak of you.

hearts2u second page monk on eqplayers when listed by 100's.

XD
  8. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

On Agnarr, I had both and there was no comparison. Not only is shield all but useless (at least through Kunark), but the SK epic was hands-down the best primary/secondary combination you could use. It felt good to have both, but there was never a reason to equip anything other than epic.

You will not be a top SK in Kunark unless you have your epic in Kunark. End of story.
  9. That0neguy Augur

Do you feel people should be required to put in the work to be the top SK on the server? or is it better if it is just a handout like some people are asking for here.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

If the "effort" involves nothing that is what makes modern games a challenge, then I'd rather see it closer to a handout than some teenage no-lifer poopsock. There's no glory left to be had in EverQuest -- let the masses enjoy their classic pixels.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  11. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I agree with @hoodenShuklak. I do not believe that the Marl hand-in has anything to do with EQ or work. It is a random, fate-based system that punishes all SK players, but disproportionately punishes honest players (auto-clickers are obviously rampant, and while they don't guarantee a hand-in, they clearly increase odds greatly).

At least random drops from mobs encourage you to play the game and maybe even be social. The Marl hand-in is a very sad affair that has nothing in common with any other aspect of EQ.
  12. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Damn it! I think I just got trolled!

@That0neguy, several people already explained to you why "hard" is not an adjective anybody is using in this thread (except for you).
  13. That0neguy Augur

You do realize EQ is not a "modern" game though and therefore should not need to fit those molds.
  14. That0neguy Augur

Yes, I am fully aware poop-socking a mob does not make it hard. But at the same time you said without the epic, people could not compete to be the top SK on the server. So if it's a simple handout does that defeat any sense of accomplishment and pride in being the top SK?
  15. malaki Augur

They should just make all the epics a huge hassle to get instead of just a couple of them. Shaman boxes getting their epic an hour after being high enough level to start the quest is good times.
  16. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I would rather kill another two raid-level mobs than camp the Marl hand-in.
    Risiko likes this.
  17. RandomStrategy Augur

Plus, Greenmist is already set to damage Emperor Ssra when Luclin goes out.
  18. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I want to clarify that I didn't say anything about being THE top SK. I said,
    Every class has a finite set of gear available to them, and there IS a "best in class" item for each slot. If you are super casual and don't care about getting your best gear in-era. But please understand that for some of us, the checklist of "BIS" items is the thing that keeps us interested and playing.

Based on 90 days in Kunark era, the SK epic has an absolute hard cap: under the most ideal situation (spawns always occurring at exactly 26 hours and all SKs on the server working together), there would be at most 41 SKs who could get their epics in-era. Of course, spawn times are a lot more than 26 hours and, since all SK's are competing with each other, it is actually possible that as few as ZERO epics could be completed in-era.

The bottom line is that, when you remove the possibility of "maxing" out my SK, you remove the possibility for me to stay interested and keep playing. It stops being fun.
    MaestroM likes this.
  19. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

And I also want to point out that the Marl situation has created a PVP situation, complete with all the toxic vitriol and hacking that everybody loves so much about TLPs.
    MaestroM likes this.
  20. That0neguy Augur

Lol how are people "hacking" for Marl?

The amount of people who think half the people on this server hack are amazing. I've been accused for hacking by using an insta gate pot, being invis prior to attacking something and magically showing up. And being rez'd and I "instantly spawned again and started attacking the mob" so I must be cheating. People are clueless and want to blame "hacking" for their sub par abilities.