Shadowknight Epic - please reconsider

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gutt, Jun 29, 2018.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

The whole dev resources thing list its weight years ago. How many resources does it take to change a despawn mechanic? What about a repop timer? I imagine theyve spent 10x more resources closing these threads than it would have taken to just ramp up the enc, sk, wiz spawn timers. They could ignore everything else and the quest would be quite inline with current tlp quests.
    discordkitty likes this.
  2. That0neguy Augur

Except the dev's are not the ones closing or locking threads. Also you obviously have no experience coding. Even a change to the respawn timer if its just a variable involves at least a few hours of testing from either the Dev or QA depending on how they have their teams and processes arranged.

Also if we are going to change this respawn time where do we draw the line? Why bother with PH's at all and just have the names on the regular zone respawn timer. Let's just make it so anyone who tags the mob can loot it and all loot is duplicated.

Part of the allure of EQ and these TLP's for a lot of people is the challenge where not everything is a free handout.
  3. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

LOL!!!!!! EQ hasn't been a challenge for a looong time. You make me laugh.
  4. That0neguy Augur

Good job adding to the conversation. No where did I say EQ is challenge. I said that obtaining gear is a challenge when you are used to everything being a free handout like other games.
  5. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

There is nothing about EQ that is a challenge on TLP servers.
  6. That0neguy Augur

That's why there is 10 threads complaining about how the VP key is too hard, the Enchanter epic is too hard, the SK epic is too hard. Angry goblin doesn't spawn enough. Shady goblin doesn't spawn enough. Obviously some people find certain aspects of the game challenging.
  7. Raltar Augur

While I don't really have a horse in this race as I am on a different server and already have my SK epic, people complaining about spawn timers are not complaining that it is too hard. Just too rare. Having rare spawns doesn't make for a challenge, just frustrating and tedious.
    NameAlreadyInUse and andross77 like this.
  8. BiscuitLoves New Member

Again.

The fact that the turn in mob (twice needed) is an Uber rare spawn is not hard, difficult, challenging, and beating a fellow Shadowknight to the TURN IN MOB doesn’t make one player better than another.

It’s a completely illogical game mechanic when compared to other Epic turn in mobs.

If you are on this thread bragging about how you got your Epic in era on Coirnav or on a previous TLP... Congrats...

Recognize you wouldn’t have got it back when the content was originally released.

Also recognize during the original release that Marl wasn’t really a bottleneck, as SKs didn’t all have access to instance raids and picks to complete their epics. That fact alone should have triggered turn in mobs to be much more available.
    andross77 likes this.
  9. Monkman Augur

I wish every tlp they’d change two or three steps for each epic so people actually have to figure stuff out.
  10. Piznut Angry Gnome

I truly feel for you guys and enchanters. Both of those epics need a revamp because of the long spawn times of some mobs.
  11. malaki Augur

At least with the enchanter epic you can dps race, with Marl most of the time he's despawned before he even renders.
  12. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

They aren't saying it's too hard or challenging. They are saying it's stupid in it's current iteration with they way TLP servers work. It's not hard or challenging to turn items in or kill a mob. It's the idiotic respawn/despawn timers that exist with specific epics that are dumb when you only have 3 months in an expansion. They made sense when Kunark first came out and epic quests were implemented because Kunark lasted for 8 months before Velious was released. They don't make sense when you have basicly 1/3 that amount of time in the expansion as you do now.

Quit being moronic about it and actually try to comprehend what people are saying.
    andross77 likes this.
  13. RandomStrategy Augur

My guess is Ngreth found a logic bomb coded into Marl's spawn timer and if they are waiting to see what happens when it goes off.
  14. Gutt Journeyman

The fact remains that Marl Kastane needs to be fixed. Its totally unacceptable to expect people to sit and wait for 24-40 hours.
    andross77 likes this.
  15. monkypowah Elder

or..or..you could roll on an established TLP and get your 1.0 pieces right away and even start working on 2.0.. its to the point where you almost gotta feel sorry for people still playing on there. must be sadomasochists or something.. i would rather eat lead paint chips than have to deal with or even look at penisbreath,his little trash guild or the other toxic people on there.. clearly nobody cares about that server so why put so much effort,time and frustrations into it. kinda dumb
  16. Febb Augur

Welcome to classic everquest. This is why you won't see many people return for another progression server that starts pre kunark. Classic EQ is badly designed for the audience the game has now which is mostly adults with responsibilities that prevent them from logging in whenever they want to to camp the items they want.

The devs obviously don't want to change up the design for these early expansions even if it means losing customers over it. It's not worth the time investment if you are a casual player. Join a server where you don't have to deal with all the headaches which is in later expansions that are far better designed.
  17. crs250 New Member

Posting in support of the OP, please consider some change to make this less of a bottleneck.

The mechanic here of a fixed time mob who spawns between 26-40 hours, needed 4 times per SK generates a very toxic environment for this quest. As the only way to compete is either clicking faster, blocking other players by standing on top of the spawn point, or training the other players to inconvenience them when he pops. None of these methods requires any skill and I doubt anyone finds this enjoyable.

If you are going to keep this the way it is, the area needs constant support & supervision from Customer Service GM's to enforce the ToS.
  18. Dranix Augur

I fixed this internally on an server a couple years ago. I can only assume DBG has access to the same or better tools for DB manipulation. I do not recall any circumstances that made this harder or easier to edit than any other entry.
  19. RandomStrategy Augur

I'd say something that would compare the Paladin Epic with the SK Epic and suggest a solution....but as I learned long ago, if I point it out, it's only going to ruin the Paladin Epic in a horrendous backfire-incident.
  20. Gutt Journeyman

The current state of Marl Kastane on TLP servers is unacceptable. I shouldnt have to download third party software to compete for a HAND IN MOB.

Literally ever player sitting around Marl waiting to hand in their items is using an auto clicker program. Immagine my suprise after waiting 15 hours for Marl to Spawn only to see the text appear on my screen for the hand in.

MARL KASTANE literally didn't even appear on my screen because the hand in was done faster then the game could render him.

HOW is this fair?

WHY is this not being taken care of?

CHANGE the spawn time on Marl Kastane.