Shadowknight Epic - please reconsider

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gutt, Jun 29, 2018.

1. a_librarian Augur

The relative value of those bags was higher when players had to sacrifice inventory space to use their clickies, and potentially a lot of space if they didn't want to shuffle items around constantly. That's all I'm saying. My source: I was on the cusp of buying one before the change but am happy now to just get by without
  2. Risiko Augur

Click-from-bags is one of my favorite Quality of Life changes they've made so far.
  3. Fumi-chan Augur

Hyperbole much? Guarantee you if this game figured out the winning formula for an MMO sooner, WoW wouldn't have been nearly successful as it was in poaching players.

No, the only thing keeping going back in the early 2000s was the fact there was literally no alternative in the MMO world. I wouldn't say that makes people addicts, just stuck playing until something better came along (which it did in 2004).

Also, depending on your definition of addict, I've found that addicts tend to place way more value on their worth to a gaming company than what they actually contribute in the grand scheme of things. You pay $1,000 a month for DBG store items? Congratulations! There's like 3 or 4 casual whales paying twice that for krono because they don't have the time to raid and still want that shiny loot (hence why the FV server will be so ludicrous).
  4. Febb Augur

What he means is the addicts are the people who have stuck around over the years and have been loyal to eq while many others burnt out and quit long ago.
  5. Machentoo Augur

So I hope before you addressed this issue you at least took a look at the difficulty of the 1.0 vs the 2.0. In quite a few cases, the 2.0 was either considerably easier or harder than other classes, to balance out the difficulty of the 1.0. For instance, the Rogue 1.5 and 2.0 are both a tremendous pain in the , after a super easy 1.0. In the case of the SK epic, SK's get one of the most powerful and enduring 2.0's while having one of the easiest 2.0 quests (and 1.5, and 1.5 prequest.) I realize that camping turnin mobs is tedious and terrible gameplay, but if SK epic 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0 are now all among the easiest to obtain, while the 2.0 is also among the 2-3 most powerful and enduring epics, isn't that a bit unbalanced?

Or does dbg really not care about this sort of stuff any more and it all really is just about ezmode everquest to make a few quick bucks, and who cares what will happen 1-2 years down the road?
  6. Evil.Iguana Elder

I'm not a fan of this sort of threat/cop-out. There will always be unreasonable people out there. It is not fair to the others to not make a fix just because some people will be jerks. Discipline posters for being abusive if you need but don't start basing your design decisions around them. I'd bet if you went and asked most people would choose epic bottlenecks being fixed over time rather than not at all even if that means some "inbalance" in the short term.
  7. Febb Augur

Don't screw this up for the TLP servers. We don't need a debate on a devs behavior. This is something that has been needed for a very long time. Just drop it and walk away, the end goal is much more important than your opinion.
    Risiko likes this.
  8. TheRealDeal Journeyman

Changing Marl Karstane to think of it would be worse because thats going to mean Lhranc in city of mist is gonna have such a show due to hes on a 70-80 spawn. So if you are going to change Marl Karstane.....Lhrancs spawn timer needs reducing or your going to have 60 sks waiting for a 3 day spawn which is alot more than Marls 26 hour.....
  9. Monkman Augur

They should just let sk’s /claim epic on coirnav

I mean really having to do a quest in everquest?
  10. taliefer Augur

That's a big /shrug. Sure it's choke, but it's a natural choke and not near as dumb as a turn in npc being a block
  11. That0neguy Augur

This reminds me of a book I once read titled "if you give a mouse a cookie"
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

Hell just put the 1.0's in /claim once velious unlocks.
  13. Ravanta Suffer Augur

14. Azereki New Member

Naw dude, it's definitely not going to make the epic worse, by any stretch of the imagination. Having to stake out a mob for a final hand in, which you need to come in force for anyway, is honestly not that big of a deal.

His timer isn't 70-80 either, it's less. It won't be a mess, or doesn't have to be. Hell, people can share their kill times with each other if so inclined and totally avoid even needing a painful poop sock.
  15. Herf Augur

OMG, they fixed Marle in next patch!

"- Innoruuk's Curse - Made the following changes to Marl Kastane:
    - - When given the Note to Marl, Marl will no longer despawn and respawn as a new version of himself with fewer dialogues and an inability to receive the Note to Marl again.
    - - When given the Blood of Kyrenna, Marl will no longer despawn.
    - - Reduced the respawn time and added a respawn variance to Marl.
    - - Reduced the initial spawn delay of Marl."
  16. Cukernaut Journeyman

Up next, Duriek Bloodpool for bottleneck. He's roughly 36 hours with some variance I believe and wont be affected by people running Marl twice for BP+EAR so I would say best case scenario you will see an overall epic velocity increase of up to 2x with this change. Overall a great improvement. I still see Caradon as a great tool for blocking flow for controlling Duriek (the next person up the chain for getting the epic).
  17. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I just want to remind everybody that Caradon does not need to be a bottleneck. Caradon never needs to die, as Kyrenna can be split pulled. Only a sloppy, inconsiderate (or griefing) SK wouldn't split pull Kyrenna. Of course, that's most on TLPs.

*sorry, had to throw a dig in somewhere :)
  18. chrisp18 New Member

Caradon never was the bottleneck. It WAS Marl. Why someone thinks its a good idea to let 40 SK's through Caradon so they can all hump each other at Marl is beyond me. Thats the definition of griefing yourself, and ultimately others.

With Caradons timer being close to Duriek the discerning SK would be incentivized at a minimum to kill Caradon once as he / she cycles through to ensure nobody contests them on Duriek -- creating the same click turn in evaporate NPC process as before.

What was done with Marl is a HUGE improvement and I am glad to see that. I think this makes the SK epic a much more reasonable thing to accomplish, but I will say that it doesnt change the general approach materially.
    Azereki likes this.
  19. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I suggested a way that SK's could work together for the benefit of all, and you suggested a way that SK's could help grief and slow down their competition.

No bother to me, one way or the other. I'm done with TLP for the foreseeable future, for exactly that difference in attitudes.
  20. Azereki New Member

NameAlreadyInUse likes this.