Shadow of fear shawl raid drops

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Loratex, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

On beta they dropped of the corpse from "shadow of luclin".
    On live (through the grapevine) only one guild has reported actually getting them (off the corpse) no one else has seen them.

What's the deal? I'm sure there a few variables, can one of the devs give us a clue to "requirements " for them to drop.
    When we killed the shadow it didn't leave a corpse.
  2. Obione New Member

I can confirm that the Shadow of Luclin did not die to a DoT, to cause a missing corpse issue like we have seen on First Creation event in Convorteum. In our case Shadow of Luclin died to a wizard nuke, left no corpse and no shawl drops.

Obione, Inverse Logic on Luclin
  3. Imrahil Augur

[Thu Apr 18 22:05:03 2013] Shadow of Luclin has been slain by Kenona!
    That's a beastlord killing the shadow, pretty sure it wasn't by DoT.
  4. Rouan Augur

I knew it. I said I hope it drops off the chest, but haha, nope, faith in their terrible system of dropping it off the mob.
  5. Hatsee Augur

It's off the corpse, no clue why it didn't work for everyone else.

Kill shot was a rogue from the look of things, I really doubt that's the issue here though.
  6. Stubar Augur

I would hope not...cuz Beastlord DoT's...../gag
  7. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Would be more of a reason to not have them :)
  8. Qwestwic Augur

I was told Fu World Order got 6 on their corpse last night. Could just be RNG having it's way with people like always. 4-5 guilds getting nothing though seems fairly odd.
  9. Ronak Augur

Supposedly, 7 guilds got nothing, out of the 9 to beat Luclin. I can confirm ours did not die to a DOT. It left no corpse. I cannot imagine that the vast majority of the time getting 0 drops, is intended.
  10. Elegist Elder

Thus far, we are still looking into possible reasons for the corpse disappearing. On Beta, we have not been able to reproduce this issue. I assume you killed the bearers of light and darkness, right? At the moment, if you defeat Luclin before killing the bearers, the event will reset, and the corpse will disappear. (This will be changed shortly so that Luclin cannot be killed before the bearers.)

The chest appeared, and the post-event scene played out normally, right?
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  11. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Yes killed both bearers, killed shadow then luclin. Final script ran chest popped achievements spam.
  12. Obione New Member

Yes! Thanks Elegist for looking into this.
    We killed Bearer of Light, Bearer of Darkness, a whole bunch of whirlwind mobs, the adds that popped when the orbs were toggled, and finally Shadow of Luclin died. The chest appeared with 16 items in it which included 4 spells.
    The post event script played out normally while we took screenshots :)
  13. Axxius Augur

In our kill:
    - Bearers of Light and Darkness were dead before Shadow of Luclin spawned.
    - Shadow of Luclin was killed and left no corpse.
    - Luclin was defeated, the loot chest spawned, the final awesomeness played out.

Btw, the question that I asked elsewhere: isn't this exploitable? Start the event, kill Shadow of Luclin, loot the shawl pieces (assuming it's fixed), reset the event, go again and again until everybody has their shawl pieces... Putting these drops on a mini boss doesn't look like a good idea, no? Why not simply put them in the loot chest?
  14. Tordail Elder

I am in Loratex and Obione's guild. Here is informaton from my log.

[Wed Apr 17 21:05:02 2013] Bearer of Light has been slain by Loratex! (Necromancer)
    [Wed Apr 17 20:59:29 2013] Bearer of Darkness has been slain by Kriska! (Enchanter)

I do not have the log event for Shadow of Luclin having been slain; apparently I was too far out of range.

[Wed Apr 17 21:23:08 2013] Luclin's laughter echoes throughout the chamber, and her undefeated form rises from the shadows. 'You still do not understand? The hand of darkness guided you here, stretched you out like mindless digits to grasp for itself that which should never be taken. Kela Lor Telaris, stand before your goddess!'
    [Wed Apr 17 21:23:34 2013] Luclin shouts 'You are the palm of your master, the black hand of many names. You reach for coin but grab hold of Norrath's destruction. Do you even know whom you serve? Long ago it ceased to be I.'
    [Wed Apr 17 21:23:53 2013] Luclin shouts 'Now your death will serve Norrath as a reminder of the cost of allegiance to Xaric!'
    [Wed Apr 17 21:24:09 2013] Luclin shouts 'Adventurers, your courage and strength may be useful to me. But no more will I trifle with you while you remain cloaked in ignorance. If you seek to lift the veil, I await you in my chambers.'
    [Wed Apr 17 21:25:09 2013] Luclin shouts 'In another age, before even your races crawled upon the surface of Norrath, I heard the Alarans praying in their strange tongues under the light of my moon. They cowered beneath this silver eye in the black sky, and they dreaded the glimpse of winged forms flitting across its face. In this strange land, fear lurked beneath every rock and within every shadow. Even as their gods lay dead and buried, the Alarans' fear lived, growing stronger just beyond their vision.'
    [Wed Apr 17 21:25:43 2013] Luclin shouts 'Though they could not speak its name, I knew it. Even in the darkest twilight recesses of thought I am there. I have seen where it lives, behind the brave countenance or facile smile. Lupex, the Unspoken -- it has been called many things, but its true name is Xaric, the Phantasm of unspeakable fear, the fear without name.'
    [Wed Apr 17 21:26:12 2013] Luclin shouts 'It waits in the heart of Cazic's crystal, drawing facets of fear unto itself, becoming a god more powerful than Cazic ever was. It ends here. This piece of Cazic Thule will never leave this chamber. If you trek further upon your dark path, I offer you no leniency. You forfeit your life as Kela Lor did when he made a pact with Xaric. But there is yet a chance to atone for your misdeeds.'
    [Wed Apr 17 21:26:41 2013] Luclin shouts 'In due time I shall open the way into the heart of fear. [Leave] here and return to your lands below. Concern yourself not with my realm, for my servants and I shall return it to equilibrium. Await the time to confront Xaric. Prepare your minds: Be not fooled by the path of light or darkness, for one is often the other. Instead, walk upon the path of shadows, and know that I hear your thoughts and am with you in the gray.'

[Wed Apr 17 21:24:21 2013] Terakathis tells the guild, 'Dread Washed Boots, Dread Washed Boots, Dread Washed Leggings, Dread Washed Armguards, Shimmering Hoop of Light, Luclinite Stud, '
    [Wed Apr 17 21:24:21 2013] Terakathis tells the guild, 'Pale Luclinite Torq, Nightguard Girdle, Shadowborne Cloak, Crys Dator, Wand of Indentured, Xin Xakreum, Baton of the War Spirit, Xenu Xakra, Staff of Unlife, '
  15. Ronak Augur

Thank you for looking into this.

[Wed Apr 17 19:25:53 2013] Bearer of Darkness has been slain by Jackiix!
    [Wed Apr 17 19:30:05 2013] Bearer of Light has been slain by Dihrt!
    [Wed Apr 17 19:39:19 2013] Shadow of Luclin has been slain by Rokabur!
    [Wed Apr 17 19:40:41 2013] Shadow of Luclin has been slain by Taibok!

[Wed Apr 17 19:42:12 2013] Jackiix tells msraid:2, 'Dread Washed Bracer, Dread Washed Bracer, Dread Washed Helm, Dread Washed Armguards, Earring of Watchful Shadows, Droplet of Light, '
    [Wed Apr 17 19:42:13 2013] Jackiix tells msraid:2, 'Moonbeam Clasp, Belt of Living Rage, Shadow-Splinted Cloak, Vius Xiall, Hammer of Dawn, Eom Draues, Longbow of Torment, Eom Draues, Longbow of Torment, '
    [Wed Apr 17 19:42:13 2013] Jackiix tells msraid:2, 'Greater Terrormote, Glowing Terrormote, Lesser Terrormote, Greater Terrormote, Superb Silk'

Nothing died to DoT.

Shadow of Luclin corpse poofed. We received no shawl drops.
  16. Iila Augur

It should be on a new Shadow of Luclin corpse that appears when the event is won. Not the one that that dies in the middle of the event.
  17. Elegist Elder

SPOILERS!!!!!!!
    So, when you defeat Luclin at the end, you find out you really only defeated her shadow form (her name changes to "Shadow of Luclin"). So, technically there are two "Shadow of Luclin" NPCs that you kill during the raid. The loot only appears on the body of the second "Shadow," not the first one that you fight. The first one does not leave a corpse, and there is no loot on it.

When you defeat Luclin, and her body changes to the shadow form, it should leave a corpse and have the shawl loot on it. This corpse is not meant to poof. Also, you receive the lockout immediately upon her death, so you should not be able to reset the raid and farm the drops.
  18. Ronak Augur

Right, the second form changed to Shadow of Luclin when it died, and immediately poofed. No new corpse spawned anywhere in the entire Arena and surrounding area, unless it spawned under the world?

It should leave a corpse, but for multiple guilds it did not.
  19. Imrahil Augur

[Thu Apr 18 21:43:54 2013] Bearer of Light has been slain by Insaneox!
    [Thu Apr 18 21:54:57 2013] Bearer of Darkness has been slain by Irrarr!
    [Thu Apr 18 22:05:03 2013] Shadow of Luclin has been slain by Kenona!

Had all the lore spam etc. (btw very epic, I like that a lot!), but sadly no shawl pieces :(.

PS: A GM told me we missed a "mini-boss" and that was the reason why no shawl pieces. A bit confused now...
  20. Axxius Augur

That corpse wasn't there either. :(