Shadow of Fear Beta is now Live!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Piestro Augur

Hey folks,

The EverQuest Game Update: Shadow of Fear Beta is now live! Currently everyone flagged for the Rain of Fear Beta has been allowed access to the Shadow of Fear Beta and Beta Forums. We will be opening up signups for the Beta for those who are interested sometime in the fairly near future.

This Beta is different in several ways from our recent Betas, so I wanted to call these changes out specifically.
    • Universal Chat is still active
    • There is no NDA on the Shadow of Fear Beta
    While there is no NDA for the Beta, we do ask that you still limit discussion of Beta to the Beta forums. Our developers are going to be very active in reading feedback in those forums specifically; if you post feedback elsewhere, it will be missed. Similarly, discussing Beta contents with people who aren’t in Beta isn’t very productive. If you want to discuss Beta, it’s much better to get involved in the Beta yourself. Once our signups are open we will be very quick in handing out invites, so don’t worry!

For those of you who need to download the Beta Client, it is available here. Old Man Thorren in the Plane of Knowledge is happy to help you journey to the new zones.

Thanks, and I’ll be seeing a lot of you in Beta!
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

I'm so excited!
  3. keggulist New Member

Hm.. downloaded from the link and installed, only installs direct x client for some reason and gets error that the exe is not found
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

5. tofu stir fry Augur

nice!!! very excited to check it out when i get home from work!
  6. Piestro Augur

7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

RoF2 :p

Still keep getting muddled with Secrets of Faydwer :eek:
  8. Danite Lorekeeper

link for beta DL pls new comp and dont have the old beta client on this one or the emails for the old link
  9. Veturika New Member

My first time here on forums. Who do i suggest to that our houses need to be like the gl and we keep our buffs. I would visit my home more and entertain if i did not lose my buffs. Thank you , please guide me to the correct place for this suggestion
  10. Slasher Augur

Why not just flag every active account ? Its not like everyone would play anyways and you would most likely only get the people who would of signed up to play but it does give everyone who plays the game access to test the future content.
  11. Piestro Augur

I'll pass it on for you. :)
  12. Qbert Gallifreyan

No need to pass it on, that got patched in the last update (3/13).

*** Zones ***

- The following non-combat zones have been changed so that buff timers are suspended and fall damage is negated: Nexus, Shadowrest, all neighborhoods and housing interiors, The Bazaar, The Plane of Knowledge, The Plane of Tranquility, and the Wedding Chapel.
  13. Piestro Augur

Wasn't sure if houses were included. :) My brain is usually over-full during Beta. Thanks!
  14. Enizen Elder

Will SoF Beta be opened to more people? I ask because I can't imagine it lasting to much longer and it would be nice to add in any feedback.
  15. Quirel New Member

The EverQuest Game Update: Shadow of Fear Beta is now live! Currently everyone flagged for the Rain of Fear Beta has been allowed access to the Shadow of Fear Beta and Beta Forums. We will be opening up signups for the Beta for those who are interested sometime in the fairly near future.
  16. Warrins New Member

Looks like today cant login in beta ... after loading is pushing me out with the message ' You have been disconnected ' ... Is this because of the server patch ? Still the patch announced was for live servers and not beta . After loading to server page select , i see Beta server is up ... but no chance to get in .
  17. Rasuh New Member

Maybe I am totally blind or just remember wrong but where do I re-download the Beta client since I deleted it after RoF came out?
  18. Enizen Elder

That was a week ago, and word is SoF goes live in just over 2 weeks so...