Shadow Knight aa: Mindless Hatred needs a fixin'

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by MaakTrukk, Jun 4, 2018.

1. MaakTrukk New Member

The SK aa Mindless Hatred has been an essential aa to use since it came to us a few years ago. It has always had only one rank, but once upon a time, IIRC, before the TBM expansion was released, the skill caused level 108 or lower creatures to attack you exclusively for 6 seconds, along with reducing the amount of hate your allies generate vs that target in that 6 seconds. Sometime maybe 2 years ago that was changed to cause Level 110 or lower creatures to attack you exclusively for 6 seconds, along with reducing the amount of hate your allies generate for that 6 seconds.... Now the level cap is 110, and more than 50% of the mobs in current content are over level 110. Could we either raise the maximum level limit that Mindless Hatred will affect? Even if it means us having to buy a new rank in it, i will gladly spend however many aas necessary, The aa has been rendered useless to more than half of RoS raids, after t1 events even the trash and adds are all level 111 and up. Making it target creatures up to level 115 would be great! Thanks!
    Dreadmore likes this.
  2. Sobmre Augur

Paladin AA: Act Of Valor needs deletin or replacin
    Warpeace likes this.
  3. Slippry Augur

AoV should also be an AE mana restore.
  4. fortuneteller Augur

You a bit greedy ?

I mean, you yourself said that prior to TBM it worked for mobs up to lvl 108 and lower. TBM was lvl 105, which means it worked 3 levels above your max.
    You want it to Work to 115, which is 5 levels above.

If it does get upped, it should only go to 113.
  5. Horyuken Augur

Hello!? Have you not seen this? Shadow knights enjoy total ownership of the game.
  6. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

This was a design choice by Dzarn, dont think any aggro lock AA was cap upgraded for any tank.

That was like 3 nerfs or so ago. They nerfed tank mitigation due to this video. They also nerfed sk epic twice by limiting it to counters and then to only ripostes from the mob you have targeted. Leaving the counters which still are eaten by non qualifying ripostes.

Its still probably possible after all that but mainly because if group mobs are not a joke people complain so when you put raid geared toons with skill against them they are trivial.
  7. MaakTrukk New Member

The aa was originally introduced in the level 100 era for level 108 and above creatures.... it was increased to 110 mid-way through tbm expansion because it was kind of forgot about until i guess most rare creatures were level 109 and up after level cap was increased to 105 and people started asking questions like i am now.... being greedy asking for 5 levels above max? i dont think so myself, being the original aa was 8 levels above max!
  8. Mulleteer Elder

The next expansion will be a non level increase expansion. They need aa's to add. In all likelihood they will upgrade alot of the aa's did not get upgraded with ROS. I suspect they will add another rank then.

We still have lots of agro tool.
    What do you keep up.

I generall have two terrors
    Impose power

I use hates attraction on cooldown.
    We still have ageless and unflinching and even harmtouch for those owe crap moments.
    If in a group tank I am always running harmonius.

Yep it sucks that mindless is not usable on all mobs. It still functions on trash in raids. Its great in eok.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Upgrayedd-ing it would be better.

Perhaps have a new rank that autocasts the Unicorn Mount, triggers a MIDI of the My Little Pony theme and then gives everyone in the raid a complete heal, 50k mana and 25k endurance before the Paladin takes an unrezzable, Sacrifice style death?

At the same time introduce the SK version, Act of the Bob omb, suiciding the SK for a 25 million DD (raid flagged mobs only) and giving the raid 30 seconds of a solid dps boost somehow.
  10. Krool Lorekeeper

I made a thread about this on the tank forum. It was initially directed towards the warrior ability Warlord's Grasp being affected in the same way where it is no longer usable against mobs over level 110. I can see both sides of the issue but I prefer that mindless hatred and warlord's grasp receive upgrades to be usable up to 115.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/warlord’s-grasp.246833/
  11. smash Augur

A reason that it was not continued might be that it was considered too powerful. I mean, if it is a sure thing that the mob will aggro on u only then...

When that said, I have no idea if thats true or not, as I do not know much about sk.
  12. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

It is only a sure thing for 6 seconds...1 tick. And we already have abilities that lock aggro on us for longer (Unflinching), which don't suffer from the same level cap issue. It is far from OP.

While I personally haven't had any trouble adapting to it only working on white-con and lower mobs (much like Hates Attraction, which I almost never bother to use anymore), I have also only seen T1 RoS raids.

EDIT: On the other hand, I think most of the guilds that HAVE seen more of RoS have also beaten all (or most) of RoS. So while I would also like to see the level cap removed (and on Hate's Attraction :) ), I don't think it's a big deal either way.
  13. smash Augur

1 more power always good, it might only last 6 sec, but it would be a life safer... there is a mob hammering on your healer the other aggro stuff on cool for a few sec more, you prob wipe if healer so bang you get the aggro, safe the maiden and win the day;)