Severe and shortsighted SK nerf with Feb. 8 Test server patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Khat_Nip, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Swiss Augur

It should be pretty obvious when he doesn't even have MC or epic running for parts of the video, but people have their agenda and claim it's all the SK class.
  2. Seldom Augur

It should be blatantly obvious if a Shadowknight is able to solo 12 mobs in lcea, with zero outside healing and mostly TBM raid gear, what's going to happen if you add even one skilled healer into equation. Not sure why some of you guys keep acting like this requires a dream team support group. This definitely wasn't a MC/Epic issue though. It was a combine that with OP mitigation thing which all tanks hold. Pertaining to real groups, combine those things with SK aggro and you get the group video =p. I find his posts pretty funny Vdidar. He doesn't realize his ridiculous deflections distract from the real issues at hand and play role in pointless nerfs. Hi btw Xan
    Drogba likes this.
  3. Drogba Augur

Indeed, I hit the sarnak fort on my alts with strong paladin/warriors who get in some full etws in the lesson burn. What's different is the extent/magnitude to which those classes can get away with it without stopping, which I think the majority of us have never seen as a problem, but as a class trait.

I would be repeating myself for the 5th+ time if I were to say the issue is with mobs vs tanks in current content, which it is. They're too easy.
  4. Drogba Augur

Xanathol, Rather than look for the barrel of silly quotes of you being condescending with 'I'm a newbie' type comments across various threads, I will just say to you:

Your envy sticks out like a sore thumb.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Beimeith stops posting on the forums as much and Drogba starts posting more.

Coincidence?

I think not.
    Sheex, Tucoh, fransisco and 2 others like this.
  6. Vdidar Augur

Meh your alternative facts don't help your cause. It's been well documented that if anyone doesn't understand the game it's you.
  7. Ghubuk Augur

Something that seems to keep coming up is a) tanks do too much dps and b) tanks mitigation is too high.
    As for b, I think tank mitigation should be high and I think changing it will come back to bite everyone down the road. When you see the op swarming issues, you don't see it with shield and board stance.
    As for a, my personal opinion is that this only becomes extreme when overgeared for the content and are able to reliably tank with a 2 hander at all times. This is where you start seeing the swarming and high dps while tanking at same time. My opinion is that tanks should only have the ability to do high dps when not tanking and that there are one of two ways to do this;
    - leave in 2 hand stance but make the trade off worse as in 100 percent reduction in parry, block AND riposte, or;
    - get rid of 2 hand stance but give tanks a 60 sec dps burn that acts similar to the current 2 hand stance that has a refresh time of 10 mins (or whatever ends up being reasonable).
  8. treehugger Journeyman

The part i don't understand the most about the Nerf:
    Average repo heal > 1500hps most less than 600 for an average of 6% of incoming hits BUT equip a wurmslayer and BAM mitigate 1750 off every hit you don't even need to repo. there is a much bigger impact to tanking for all the classes w/ the wurmslayer than the repo heal.
  9. Aghinem Augur

[IMG]

I think that about sums up how I feel about all this.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Aghinem Augur

Maybe rather nerf the SKs and Chanters, investigate the individuals involved on whether they are using M#Quest or other sources such as outside groups. For example, I noticed something odd.

Around 15:53 in the video; his mouse pointer moves to click the bash and disarm button within the menu/combat window. As he clicks on the disarm button, the 'Slam' button gets hit at the same time. Now, as far as I know - there is no way to bind keys together within the combat/menu window. Its not like a hotbar - and this has happened multiple times.

At 16:58 - He is magically healed with Undying Blessing from a unknown 3rd party source outside of his camera angle, mid-pull - which explains how he went from 30% to 100%.

I'm calling shenanigans on all of this. Its absolutely incredulous. If anyone literally watches the video and goes over it with a fine tooth comb, this individual is not some type of prodigy. There is clear evidence of outside sources being used and its being passed off as some type of SK exploit when in fact, paladins and warriors can do the same damn thing.
  11. fransisco Augur

LOL
    LOL
    Rivitt likes this.
  12. bbanz Elder

Bash and slam on the same timer? Cleric in group?
  13. Kravn Augur

Bash and slam share reuse, clicking one grays out the other.

Undying blessing is a cleric ability.

Incredulous indeed.

As much as this all sucks, you are really grasping at straws here.
    Vdidar likes this.
  14. Triconix Augur

Slam and bash share the same timer iirc. The button should start the counter when bash gets pressed.

Also, warriors probably can't do it at the same level as SKs due to their self-healing (that's now getting nerfed). Once PDH counter is up, we would get roflstomped with large pulls. PDH is what really levels off damage intake when coupled with LS.
  15. Aghinem Augur

Thanks for clearing that.
  16. Turayalon Lorekeeper

Can we stop this crusade that Paladins can do the same thing. I haven't commented on this thread because I hate seeing anyone nerfed especially how overboard it appears Sks will get hit but to say Paladins can anywhere remotely do the things Sks have been doing in regards to swarming is just blatantly lying.
    Vdidar likes this.
  17. Tucoh Augur

We need to open an investigation on how Undying Blessing healed Droga when he dropped to low health! Should using the Undying Blessing buff be considered botting?
    Drogba likes this.
  18. Seldom Augur

Who cares if Paladins/Warriors can't do this to the same degree? It isn't going to stop many of the SK's blatantly lieing and claiming they can(never has). The vast majority of SK's on these forums only look at their own shortcomings and not balance as a whole. Paladin aggro is garbage in comparison to other two tanks and Warriors lack the self healing. Oh well, let's ignore that! They can still do the exact same things, aggro and healing obviously aren't important. Oh, and Drogba isn't skilled or anything, he has software helping him out..... Some of you guys really need to re-evaluate your ridiculous defenses lol. Thanks for more LOLs though, keep em coming
  19. Aghinem Augur

The end does not justify the means in this case. It would be one thing if a person was legitimately soloing with an SK and committing these acts, in which I would completely agree with the change; its another when you are manipulating camera angles while controlling a bot army to facilitate a false narrative to push agenda driven changes.

I want to see mathematical & video capture evidence of a person being capable of solo swarming any EOK content without the use of either bot armies or server/client manipulation software to justify these nerfs. I don't want to see BS responses, I want to see numbers. You can believe the man or the numbers, numbers will never lie.
  20. Sancus Augur

You sir bring new meaning to the phrase "grasping at straws."

If you didn't notice, in the video you linked he's in a group *with a cleric*. But yup, because said cleric used a spell he probably has a bot group supporting him. And he's also obviously using client/server manipulation software, because there's no other way he could possibly have two abilities that share a timer get greyed out at the same time.

I don't like these nerfs either but holy .