Severe and shortsighted SK nerf with Feb. 8 Test server patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Khat_Nip, Feb 8, 2017.

1. p2aa Augur

The best thing in this thread are people, some non tank, that say the SK nerf is a good one, but it's only a first step. Next step is to nerf primary and secondary roles of tanks, aka mitigation and DPS abilities of the 3 tank classes, or for DPS targetting warriors only, because Drogba spoke of warriors, but we all know that capable tanks of the 3 tank classes parse the same in raid, even pallies.
    From experience, these same players will find someone else responsible of their bad gameplay.
    In raids, I see good DPS classes parsing better than tanks.
    There DPS sucks, so they try to find culprit for it. It's tanks atm, but soon it will be shamans or druids with their new dots. It's easier to complain and look at someone else than improving his own skill.

The most fun, though, is, complaining that tank mitigation is too high and listing false informations like tanks can solo 4 mobs without using any defensive.They are so clueless on the subject, because obviously they have never played a tank in EoK content, and just list false facts.
    Gelido likes this.
  2. sojero One hit wonder

You do realize they are nerfing a part of the sk class that has been there for over a decade, and will not even stop 10-15 pulls of current EoK mobs if the SK( or war or pally) has a group setup like what drogbaa had, and the knowledge (of all members) to know how to play their class at the top 5%. Knowing how people are, someone will post another video after, and the yes, they will come by and nerf the other aspects of tanking or dps.

Edit: Also I dont really care about the nerf that much, does it suck yes, is it really gonna change my play style, nope.
  3. fransisco Augur

All we have to do is sit and watch it actually happen...
  4. p2aa Augur

What happened ? You have seen a video of a tank with 2 healers mains, whose HP bar is moving a lot, using some defensive abilities, so he's not steamrolling through it, tanking 16 mobs, with also very good DPS killing these mobs fastly, so the tanking doesn't last long. In a zone, FM, who has weak trash mobs overall. All of these players playing very well their class too. If he had just one bad healer of the 2, he would have splatted.
    And you think that this is the "norm" or you can make "guess" based on this on how many mobs a tank can solo without using any defensive ability ?
  5. Seldom Augur

1.) Paladins do not sustain anywhere near the DPS of a Warrior if both know how to play and are going full dps mode. 2.) Tank mitigation is too high and has been since the introduction of shield stance defensive profiency. 3.) If you can't grasp those first two things, no point in going beyond those points
    Agrippa likes this.
  6. Vdidar Augur

i really feel like we are losing steam here guys come on
    Bamkan likes this.
  7. Triconix Augur

1. Wrong. 2. Wrong. 3. Just kidding, youre right lolz.

Def prof needs to be 20% max.
  8. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Behold! I am one of weakened abilities.

Silence thyself fool and leave my group.

It was merely an act.
  9. GoldenFrog Augur

... edit. no point commenting further on this foolish change.
  10. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

I am expecting them to nerf Act of Valor at some point, that skill is OP as f*k

And anyways, it would be nice if DBG stopped pretending to be working on balance while nerfing/fixing 17 years old stuff, instead of working on server stability. SK/Zerker mobbing is fun and all, but is not game breaking when you need a whole shitton more stuff than just the skill itself to be able to pull it.

At the end of the day, nerfs like these only hurt the casual player.
    Agrippa and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

12. seber Augur

It not SK op it just 90% of Eok mobs way to week really
  13. Drakang Augur

Could have just changed stun immunity and had more of an effect on the specific case vice how lifetaps work.
    However, there are a ton of problems that really need to be fixed that are bigger than wasting time playing around with abilities that we have come to depend on.

For the most part all players need to sit down and shut the hell up about other classes and how they have something that they shouldn't. All comes down to whining that some other class can do something you can't. Hello its why we have different classes cause they can all do things that the others can't. Want to do everything go find a different game to play.
  14. Seldom Augur

The way this game is built, you're ALWAYS going to have other classes talk about what other classes can do. If you're a top tier DPS class like say a wizard and you're seeing another top tier dps consistently destroy you on a parse like say a berserker, comparisons are going to be drawn real quick. That SHOULD happen. The problem is you have folks on these forums consistently lie about class balance/power and others who are just completely misinformed. What brought about this nerf wasn't someone "whining" about a "different" class. It was a Shadowknight being completely honest about being overpowered. Unfortunately, the developers picked an unlogical solution to address the "real" problem. Very unfortunate because Developers need honest elite players that understand class balance to be straight forward with them and the nerfing of incorrect things just teaches people to not be open and honest =p
  15. Xanathol Augur

Except he either had no clue about what was actually allowing him to do what he was doing in his first video or was being dishonest about it. All tanks could do that, not because of mitigation so much but because of the support from the group. The thread was agenda driven and not out of honor.
  16. menown Augur

To defend Drogbaa, he has had several different group makeups. He maxed all his AAs very quickly by just swarming with different guildies in group. The group makeup made little to no difference at all for his gameplay. I know this because I was one of the necros in that video.

Please go on with your conspiracy theories about Drogbaa though. I do tend to like the ones that involve Beimeith.
  17. Vdidar Augur

its cute that your still deflecting
  18. Seldom Augur

Xanathol, no, all tanks could not do that "consistently", with that amount of mobs. Just like no other tank could molo that many mobs with zero outside heals. I personally found his thread very honorable and far less agenda based than your typical posts about desiring more DPS for Shadowknights lol. I also have very little doubt that with his level of skill/being a member of RoI he definitely has a good grasp on what allows him to do what he does. Continue to claim folks that have a higher level of skill than you have no clue how things function though if it helps you sleep better
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Drogba like this.
  19. Vdidar Augur

How many people on these boards do you actually think take his posts seriously? I'd say under 5.
  20. Xanathol Augur

The make up may be different but I bet the healing wasn't. Some posters don't understand the game enough to realize that or at least aren't honest enough to admit it. Speaking of... hi Vdid & Seldom.