several LFGuild on Agnarr, very little guilds recruiting

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by jeskola, May 4, 2017.

1. jeskola pheerie

Where are all the Agnarr guilds? the small amount of guilds recruiting for Agnarr with less than 3 weeks to go is sort of alarming. I think DBG misread the demand for an expansion-locked server. I would probably move to Agnarr if it was not expansion-locked.

Granted this will not be a failure on the level of the Mayong 51/50 fiasco, but it is not looking good right now.
  2. Zansobar Augur

There are other guild recruiting areas besides these forums...but yes I think there are fewer guilds recruiting than I thought there would be, but everyday someone posts on these forums that this is the first day they heard about the Agnarr server.

Also as Phinny progresses into the expansions that the masses hate, the players there will drop out and I expect many to re-roll on Agnarr.
  3. jeskola pheerie

I still don't get why people want to dedicate this much time only to be trapped at level 65 for eternity.
  4. Protocol Dragon Defender

I've seen five or six pre launch guilds so far. Doesn't seem too terrible to me considering a lot of old/established TLP guilds still exist on RF/LJ/Phinny.
  5. taliefer Augur

I don't think any established, serious guild has any interest in rolling on a server with a set end date. the idea of having only time and LDON to raid in perpetuity is sorta depressing.

agnarr seems to be attracting the far more casual crowd who just like to tool around here and there, but never commit enough to put extra work that is required outside of the game to make a guild function.

even the guilds that have formed up seem to take the casual way and think /rolling loot is a fair way to dish out loot on raids for example.

I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing, but its the easy way to distribute loot when you don't wanna take the effort to track attendance.

I plan on playing a bit on agnarr, but main focus is going to be on phinny until at least HoT.
    jeskola likes this.
  6. Zansobar Augur

Most people like the game less and less as it progresses through the expansions, else the Live servers would be...lively...
    ECrack likes this.
  7. Zapford Elder

There are a few out there; most seem a little too relaxed/casual for me, and the one that isn't is perfect except for the 20+ hour a day requirement in fixed groups til 50 thing. My poop socking days are over, although I will probably be wearing depends in a couple years.
    jeskola likes this.
  8. jeskola pheerie

Here is what I can find:

- The Faceless: hardcore raiding, 20 hours a day at opening recommended/required, lots of hardcores apped on their site, clearly going to be the top raid guild. long tlp history.

- Zurdula: casual guild with raiding, raiding will be optional even if online, hybrid dkp, large roster, most active in recruiting on forum

- Good Tidings to All: casual guild with raiding, raiding will be optional even if online, loot system unknown

- Late Night PST: Raid guild, late night PST raiding, DKP. No website, just Discord.

- Dawntreaders: Casual guild with raiding, non-mandatory raiding, probably DKP. long eq live and tlp history.

- Backhug Bandits: Casual Leveling guild, no website, just Discord.

- the mindwraith's guild: just announced, unknown if will actually form. Family guild, no vulgarity, casual raiding. newest info indicates a very casual guild.

- League of Old Timers: currently on lockjaw practicing for Agnarr. Unsure if they represent another guild in this thread or what their intentions are.
    Dandy likes this.
  9. the_mindwraith New Member

Ah I will say while you won't be required to log on for raiding that if you are on, you will be called upon to raid. When I say no mandatory raiding, I mean you don't have to cancel your Tuesday night dinner with your family to play a game. But if you're already playing the game with us, you will be a team player and be joining the raids that occur during your playtime.

Once you are around the guild environment and are a part of the ongoing partnership and spirit of teamwork, I feel people will naturally want to be giving to the cause of mutually progressing everyone in the guild. If not they probably aren't the kind of people we will allow in the guild long term. We don't want selfish jerks, but people who are genuinely interested in being good to eachother and the community.

An example of what I'm talking about is this: While I wasnt on Phinigel beyond classic, I had two lvl 50s very quickly. Perhaps less than a day behind the fastest levellers. I was unguilded at the time but always initiated groups with the community and a tight knit group of my friends. We consistently camped Efreeti in sol b and upon making friends with another guild, we helped to rotate in many of their casters and in a 16ish hour group passed out 11 or 12 gebs and 4 Djarns.

We had their guild rotating in casters after one would get boots. And they were sincerely thankful and excited. It was really neat to see people coming together and just helping for the sake of being good. Those are the types of people I desire to guild and call guildmates :)
  10. Kahna Augur

It is a smidge discouraging. Phinny had 12-13 guilds pre-recruiting. Agnarr has been lackluster in the recruiting department. Probably right that it's because it is geared to more casual folks and that type doesn't want, or have the time, to run a guild. Hopefully we will see more folks coming together once it goes live.

Most of the guilds I have seen recruiting have little draw. I'm an adult, and a little vulgarity isn't going to make me clutch my pearls. I have no desire to stay up for 20 hours at a time to race to kill things I have already killed and will continue to kill. I guess all the adult, but not crazy, folks are sticking to the servers that go somewhere. I mean, I don't really mind that Agnarr has a shelf life. 2 years is enough for me. (and I am still playing on Phinny)
    jeskola likes this.
  11. the_mindwraith New Member

Kahna, I'm an adult as well and vulgarity doesn't turn me away either necessarily. I'm an electrician in real life and work around all different types of trades around some of the most vulgar comments and jokes you could imagine. The point in the guild environment I want is this: I expect some degree of class and genuine goodness from the people. I've been around the guilds whose chats or discords or mumbles can get way out of hand - to the point the women are offended, younger people are influenced in a negative way, etc. Believe it or not there are many people who feel the same way. They don't want to log on to hear crass talk - they want to be apart of a team that's building friendship through camaraderie. I know I'll personally be playing with my wife among other young adults and families. The draw to the guild I want isn't to censor language, I can't restrict people in what they say. I simply want to encourage class and decency. The draw is to allow people a chance to be on a winning, experienced team that will distribute loot fairly and see that everyone is able to get those items they foamed at the mouth over when they were 12 ;) lol.
  12. taliefer Augur

all that crass talk simply serves to drive down the intelligence of us all, and really sets a bad example for kids while they commit genocide on those orcs, who definitely deserve it due to being dastardly deliverers of debased discussions.
  13. the_mindwraith New Member

Ah someone who understands these issues as well. It is apparent you have exhausted all the resources contained inside the libraries of Erudin to come to this knowledge. Perhaps you were met with a mental "ding" at this revelation? Lol :p
  14. jeskola pheerie

mindwraith guild description updated. hi taliefer.
  15. Kahna Augur

I am a woman. It takes a lot to offend me but when someone does I call them on it. So do the other women in my guild.

It's fine that you want to be in the kind of guild that you want to be in. I wasn't saying you were wrong. I prefer a little more camraderie, and yes, that often involves banter and even arguments. If you prefer a different sort of guild more power to you. I was just pointing out that many of the guilds were advocating for what I find to be rather boring, hence there was no draw for me. Most of them also seem to be far to unrealistic in how things are going to play out. Random loot distribution is awful, but seems to be how most guilds are going. Sure we have forever in these era's, but I don't care how long you have in an era, someone is still going to be pissed when they lose the roll on an item for the 5th time and it was won by the new guy who only just finished his app period.
    Haladan and Zapford like this.
  16. taliefer Augur

hi!
  17. Haladan Lorekeeper

This. On top of that, people tend to forget I feel that it will be about 2 years till we reach the lock. 2 years! So the argument that /random will work fine because you'll have access to all the raids forever, doesn't start to kick in till after those 2 years when the lock is in place. So I'm sure at some point quite soon, we'll see some guilds forming which take a more middle ground approach (loot council, DKP, ..). I really have no worries about that all.

PS: This is not to say that I wish any of the guilds listed to fail. I wish them all the best and a great future. It's just that I'm highly sceptical and knowing that even the best of us get frustrated by too much RNG .. just saying .. I would seriously be surprised .. ;)
  18. Protocol Dragon Defender

There are 26 raiding guilds on Phinigel, three on Lockjaw and three on Ragefire. TLP servers tend to attract the same large group of players over and over so with 32+ active raiding progression guilds already out there it will be hard to generate a ton of new guilds without attracting a lot of new players as well.
  19. jeskola pheerie

5 on Lockjaw. 4 if you count the new alliance of #4 and 5 as one guild.
  20. Orxbane New Member

I'm pretty sure that by this time on Ragefire, I had already joined and been active on the forums of the guild I played with (Ceaseless).

I am looking for a medium-core guild, with raid times no earlier then 6:30 pm PDT (7 pm would be better), and preferably not on Tuesday. My schedule is a bit more flexible, but this TLP an old buddy wants to play as well. If any guilds meets most of these points and are looking for a solid ranger and druid, let me know.