Sever downtime 12 Dec for RoS launch??

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ghubuk, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Ghubuk Augur

I haven't seen any server downtime announcement for RoS launch. Is it still happening tomorrow?
  2. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

As usual they will announce it like 10 pm tonight...
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea ive been looking all over for the exact time. You think they would sent out a message by now. Probably gonna announce it 30 mins b4 all servers come down for a 12 hr patch lol. Still wondering what time the xp bonus ends.

Andarriel
  4. Aurastrider Augur

The in game calendar should show when the xp bonus ends unless they did not update it. Depending on when the bonus was turned on will usually determine when it gets turned off. If it started at midnight It will often end at midnight and if it started at noon it will often end at noon on the final day listed. I am sure someone was online when the bonus started and can give you a better idea. I imagine it will run until midnight pacific standard time and then get turned off.
  5. Goodn Augur

Remember, there are fires near where DBG is located. They have already posted that some are dealing with evacuations or housing others who have been evacuated.

If the patch happens, you know it will usually start around 3:30 AM or so Pacific and you know it will probably be about 12 hours. Good day to get other stuff done.

Bonus xp will probably end at 3 am Eastern (Midnight Pacific) since that's when the shift from part 1 to part 2 and part 2 to part 3 of this "celebration" time happened. They are pretty good about cut offs now (if you were in HH Seb when it ended, you know that they pretty much hit that on the dot).
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Coagagin Guild house cat

The gnomes of development often do wait till the bitter end to announce their latest evil plans at making our lives both complicated and/or interesting depending on how much of the last expansion you've completed.

Wait till tomorrow.

- Coa
  7. Tucoh Augur

In case any DBG employees are reading this and wondering what tolerance the playerbase has for a last-minute delay:

Release it when it's ready, it'll be OK.
    Thrillho likes this.
  8. Roxxlyy Augur

Right now the plan is to bring servers down around 6:30 am, aiming for a 12:00 pm unlock (PT). Will be posted to announcements when I get a chance, it's still Monday morning here.
  9. TheStugots Augur

Awesome! Thanks for the info, Roxxlyy!
  10. CrazyLarth Augur