Servers still down...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Arriock, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gokusan Journeyman

its a breach that not enough fiber in there oatmeal
  2. PotatoPowa Elder

They have gone home for the night, even censorship of the forum has eased off.
  3. KateL7 Lorekeeper

4. Damiane New Member

Servers are up, Mention giving out free stuff and the hamsters kick it into overdrive J/S
  5. Msfit New Member

I'm assuming this is directed at me since you also quoted me without comment. I actually have a child with autism and have mental disabilities myself. I'm responding since you asked me not to, thanks and have a great night not playing EQ!
  6. Liljit Augur

It was Legends of Norrath Card Game...RIP
  7. Artisan101 New Member

Years ago, the normal response (in general) was to make comedic references to down time and just recognize there was no malevolence with updates/patches. These days, thanks to social media, every single person knows everything about everything and needs to put in their own 2cp worth of insanity. So, in reverence to the older style of comments here is a summation I see:

1) Hi EQ, I am a new member to this forum and after a 387 year break, today I was going to give you my full retirement savings in order to allow my great great great great grandchildren to play, but after this debacle, I will give you nothing!

2) Hi EQ, I know you have new developers that have to figure out some of the older code and this requires literally going through umpty-thousands of lines of code, but I have a friend who read a story about a developer who is better, so meh!

3) Hi EQ, I am a new member to the forum and just tonight after 19 years+ of the game I was going to do something completely irrelevant, but since this patch is too long, you will never get another penny from me! (but when the servers are back I will continue playing as if I never said a thing)

4) Hi EQ, your patch is taking longer than expected, therefore give me give me give me give me give me give me give me ad infinitum!

5) Hi EQ, I am smarter than everyone who posts and if you challenge me, I call you dumb dumb! (my personal favorite type of posts)

The community, as a whole, can be ridiculously humorous, so please post the funny versions of complaints as they are much more entertaining than most of the posts thus far!

Sincerely,

EQ Fan
  8. kishail New Member

Just logged in.
  9. Sindauna New Member

10. Sindauna New Member

I think when they said not ETA it was cause they were headed out for the day.
  11. Sindauna New Member

They used to work around the clock to get servers back up.
  12. Sindauna New Member

Not enough people left to have that kind of payroll now.
  13. Aurastrider Augur

This isn't a production line or a sweatshop. Making changes to nearly two decades worth of code is bound to create issues at times which results in on the fly troubleshooting to make sure when things come back up everything is operational and functional. Why in the world would the developer team want this process to extend beyond their normal work day? Its doubtful that anyone had their feet propped up on their desk hitting the easy button expecting for things to just get fixed on their own.

You say you want transparency about what they are doing and yet you want the game back up asap. Which one is it because either you have them focusing on fixing what ever issue it is they are dealing with or you have them coming on here explaining "now we are fixing the code to xyz that is not working.... Ok we got that code fixed but now we have an issue with code abc…" All we need to know is the game is down, patched, issues occurred and they are working to resolve them. We have had patches that lasted over 24 hours just a couple years ago. They did rolling patches doing a couple of servers at a time. My personal suggestion to you is read the EULA before you buy a product or service. If the 30 cents or what ever it is that you lost today is going to break the bank for you I suggest you spend less time playing video games and more time focusing on RL goals.
    Mokumara likes this.
  14. Mokumara Elder

I think you are taking the kid thing a little far. Why don't you take him outside for some fresh air.
    Tezzeret and complexication like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.