Server's downtime start

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fleeting, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Beggly Augur

I agree with the majority. It's a pain, but necessary, and not a bad deal at all. So I don't get to play for a while. I can still read the forums and get in some time on Civ.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Thrillho Augur

Why not?
  3. Khat_Nip Meow

Gods forbid DBG patches while they're at work at a time when the majority of players are also typically at work.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Treiln like this.
  4. smash Augur

They of course patch during a time with fewest effected in their main area.

Most people at work, school/study, sleep after work at night.

Its the time their employee are at work, so no need to pay extra.

Why pay extra for something when get it for free?
  5. thebeasttt112 New Member

Because it's not free, the cost is dis-concern for your customer.

The point of this discussion isn't how "terrible" 1 day of downtime is, it's how amateur it looks compared to every other self respecting MMO. This isn't even taking into account extended maintenance, which inevitably bleeds into primetime due to poor scheduling.
  6. Treiln Augur

When is happy hour at bars? In the evening when most people are getting off of work (5-7 / 7-9 / etc etc) Why would a bar post happy hour at 9-11 am when they'd get minimal customers....DBG is no different. Their "amateur" hour is set up to affect the LEAST amount of people possible and be back up and running when the MOST amount of people are going to be able to log in and play...

Kinda how it's supposed to work you know?
  7. smash Augur

Its free in regard to extra salaries to their employees.

And i doubt it is primetime for most people. Since us people work study as such.

And you KNEW it would come today for a LONG time with the server merge.

And yes, this MY primetime as well, and I get over it. The world does not go under. If I want an evolving world and not stagnant then patches happening whether I like it or not.

I just do something else in that time.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

And that's the whole story right there. That's what's called a "subjective" statement. The thread shows the majority do not agree. You've had your chance to state your case. The opposing view has stated their case. At this point, since it's all subjective, there's really no point in haranguing everyone with your view. We understand it. We don't agree (or don't care). Be mature enough to accept it, and move along.

Or, keep stressing yourself out, trying to MAKE us see it your way. We could use the entertainment. Since the servers are down :)
  9. Khat_Nip Meow

It isn't rocket surgery to appreciate that no matter when they decide to patch that it's going to please some and irritate others.
    Switch the patch time to 6 hours earlier and the previously happy people are irritated and the previously irritated people are happy.
    Patching/updating is a necessity and it's going to be a win/lose depending on where you live and that can't be helped because of physics.
    You want to blame something then blame the reality that is time zones which no one can do anything about.
  10. Fleeting Augur

Restaurants do have a 9 -11 am happy hour.... atleast in big citys, but you dont see a midnight to 6 am special anywhere? why is that i wonder cuz the majority of people are sleeping for their 9 - 5.
  11. Febb Augur

You are comparing apples to oranges. Daybreak Games is a small company that doesn't have the money to pay staff to work after hours like they did back when they were a big company. If they do have staff after hours, it's for their flagship games which EQ hasn't been their flagship game for well over a decade.
  12. Fleeting Augur

because Daybreak isnt salaried? its all hourly in big corporations
  13. Treiln Augur

Lol fair enough :) my biggest city has only been 40,000 people :p so my experience is limited. But you do understand my point and that's all that truly matters haha.
  14. Fleeting Augur

your point was that the majority is from time before 9 am and after 5 pm somehow? not everyone works Monday - Friday, I myself am a college student who works weekends and goes to school night classes during the week so for me it makes more sense to have the morning happy hour than the evening. The patch's used to be midnight all the time and i do not know when they changed their patching schedule but as a pacific time player for 15 years i myself prefer midnight patch start times
  15. feeltheburn Augur

16. Fleeting Augur

servers up see ya later
  17. Treiln Augur

Majority =/= everyone.

With my schedule, I'd prefer a midnight patching as well. During day shifts, I'm sleeping by midnight. Days off...i'm usuallys till sleeping by midnight. Night shifts...I'm working at midnight lol. As someone stated, you can't please everyone. But I'm still sure the "majority" of people who pay subscriptions work a 9-5 or similar job.
  18. Funk Augur

I've seen misc. servers down or locked while the rest are up and working fine. I wonder why they can't just keep the two servers being merged down/locked and bring the rest up after the normal patching.
  19. Aikharos Journeyman

I hope they fix aspect of the brood. Mine started malfunctioning, and now when I try to fly, it just teeter totters back and forth running. Anyone else had this problem? Also, anyone know why it says I'm a new member when I've been playing since 1999?
  20. Aikharos Journeyman

I agree. Give them a break and go play something else. I got out my old PlayStation 2 to play Medal of Honor while I wait. Also, there is this thing called Netflix that passes the time nicely.