Server transfer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Do you lose all progression (agents) of Overseer if you server transfer a character?
  2. Riou EQResource

Yes and No, they are tied to your Account + Server combo, so they will be left behind basically, your new server will have probably nothing, your old server will retain what you had/did
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I asked a similar question, since Selo TLP is getting free transfers then a merge at some point after CoV, (Phinigel / Miragul fates are yet to be decided).

And Niente, who is a coder responded with:

After that response I suggested a Token for the Marketplace that moves Overseer Data independently from Character transfers.
  4. Lisard Silly

if you dont wanna wait for random timeframe for code / available employee to manually do this for all 50+ people on selo's id suggest maybe logging into the server your going to, be it povar or where ever you decide to use the free token to and just start doing overseers there on that server now. that way in 5 weeks you'll be somewhat back on track /shrug
  5. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I never got a free token either.
    I read about some token, went to check the /itemoverflow command.. Nothing.

Transferred a toon and checked /itemoverflow (if thats the command) and nothing.
    Looked in overseer and got a tutorial pop up on how to use overseer because it is that stripped.
    Lost everything. No clue what happened.
    Sorry Skuz, didn't know you had spoken about this before :)

I get the feeling Riou is right, its on the server and didn't transfer over with the character.
  6. Zamiam Augur

there is no token or Free token .. skuz was saying something about a hypothetical token the dev's could put in market so one could transfer your overseer agents to your newly transfered toon on a different server .

If you used Overseer on your account before the 2/17 patch then the Dev's will place an overseer agent pack no later than 2/20 into your /itemoverflow ..

sense you transfered your toon to a different server (and overseer is Account/server based ) and you previously hadn't used overseer before on the new server its like you are starting over and that toon you transferred is like new also .. it will prolly not get credit from moving over to the new server..
    if you check another toon on that account on the original server /itemoverflow you will prolly see the items available ..

I dont know about you , but the dev's were very transparent about this patch weeks before it went live .. they said from the get go what was going to happen.. if you knew you were going to transfer a toon you should have logged into the other server and started the overseer tutorial on that server so you could of gotten the FREE overseer agent pack as lisard mentions above .. also the free token he speaks of I believe he is referring to the overseer agent pack .. its not really a token