Server Transfer Request (Ragefire > Lockjaw)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Smallpox, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Smallpox Augur

Please give us the option to transfer from Ragefire to Lockjaw.

While I realize that every server has it's fair share of drama, Lockjaw appears to have much less.

Ragefire is just a cesspool of toxic craziness.

I came back to EQ from retired status to enjoy the game again only to experience Mage bot armies blatantly KS'ing, and taking over enormous areas of zones. Even across multiple instances they travel because they are too impatient to sit and actually camp a single spawn point. This makes the game very disagreeable for the average player.
    oldkracow likes this.
  2. yukan Augur

What is stopping you from starting new on Lockjaw?
    sleka and Lucio like this.
  3. Reht The Dude abides...

Posting on the boards? It does take up a lot of time that could be better spent playing on Lockjaw.
  4. Smallpox Augur

I have already bought numerous things for my toon on Ragefire (from the marketplace). If I did what you suggest, I would lose what I bought.

Edit: And I am level 29, and do not want to re-level another toon.
  5. Fhiele Augur

I endorse the notion that leveling on Lockjaw is pretty nice. I did play on Ragefire first(like most everyone on Lockjaw), and I didn't find it awful. I wasn't even boxing and it was nice there too. Don't let the forums give you an idea that its all poop. The forum posters are very very negative overall, and don't accurately reflect the server Ragefire imo. That said, for the raiding scene, Lockjaw is much much better. But for just leveling up? I'm sure RF will work.
  6. Fiyero Augur

What's to stop all the people causing Ragefire to be a cesspool from ruining Lockjaw?
  7. Smallpox Augur

Thanks for the compassion there brother, but I see your point.
  8. Hendar2 Augur

Lockjaw hasn't been open all that long, reroll and catch up.
  9. Misaligned Augur

This would just move turds from one toilet to another. That, or it would be like when I'm at Costco and think I'm being clever by identifying the shorter line, but then as soon as I move into it, there is some debacle at the register and it takes me twice as long as if I had just stayed in the original line.
    Steampunk likes this.
  10. Smallpox Augur

Good analogy.
    Misaligned likes this.
  11. Hexaholic Augur

Level 29 would take a day or two to hit again. As for things on the Marketplace, how much did you buy? Because exp potions sure doesn't seem like something you did buy only being lvl 29 at this point.
  12. Dark_Intentions Augur

I'm level 46 and still waiting to see this "toxic craziness" that people keep talking about. So far things have been perfectly fine.
  13. Smallpox Augur

I do not (and will not) use XP pots on the TLP servers. I bought multiple pet illusions, and pet name potion.

Leveling to 29 (currently) has taken me a month, I cannot do it in a couple of days, nor would I want to. I am in no rush to be at the end-game at this point. Been there, done that.
  14. Smallpox Augur

Are you in TL? If not, you are very fortunate to have avoided it.
  15. Dark_Intentions Augur

I assumed when you called the server a cesspool of toxic craziness, that you weren't just talking about raid bosses, and the drama around that.

No, I'm not in TL.
  16. Arrk Augur

I warned people of this when LJ was announce... RF would be an over populated cess pool of moral-less debauchery.

People tried to keep people there because the elitist/botters need the sheep... they need people to buy the crap they are trying to sell

My recommendation... bite the bullet, come to LJ in hopes that one day they may open server transfers. You might enjoy the game more, even with the loss of marketplace items.
    Misaligned and Smallpox like this.
  17. Misaligned Augur

Quoting this for an accurate, poetic description RageMagefire.
    Smallpox likes this.
  18. Tulgin Augur

Your staying on a server you hate just because of a few pet illusions? lol. I spent about 4k points on Ragefire, no hesitation about restarting.
  19. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

Rerolling on lockjaw is still a viable option with out the need for server transfers... Some people are scared to reroll on lockjaw because they fear what happened to vulak will happen on lockjaw. Vulaks population declined because of a situation very similar to what's happening on Ragefire currently. As someone who is playing on Lockjaw from my point of view the future is bright. Reroll now before Ragefire turns into another Vulak.

(did you see what I did there?)
    Steampunk likes this.
  20. Numiko Augur

It's only level 50, and you have (maybe) until November to "catch up"

I'll have multiple level 50's on both server by then myself, but that's the way I roll.