Server Transfer and Housing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gumby, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Gumby Augur

Probably will be moving servers, but I have 3 houses full of junk.

For anyone that has done this, what will happen after transfering? Will it all just be mailed to me? I tried to pack it up into crates first, but it gives an error saying I can only have 1 crate. So I couldn't pack up all 3 houses.
  2. Shanarias Augur

I am really unsure about this. I believe (from what I have seen) that if it doesn't fit in your main bank slots, it doesn't transfer. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure if it fits in your bank somehow, it goes with you. I don't know about plat. The only time I did it, my guild had to give me some plat because it would have interfered with the new server's economy. Also, that was s VERY long time ago.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  3. Wijimoto Journeyman

I'd love to know the official answer. This is a big reason some people don't transfer servers even when they're not really happy where they are.
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Been a long time for me also, but I believe Shanarias is correct.

There are a variety of crates. Avoid the Eviction crates. Crates you can buy in the central housing area are better suited to moving, I think.

Also watch out for who is the 'owner' of the item once removed from a house (or hall) that had multiple people access. I believe there is something glitchy about a character opening a crate with something in it they never placed on the property or placed in the crate. Again, that was long ago for me, can't confirm that.
  5. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

It has been a while since I did this but if I remember correctly, you can have multiple crates, you just cannot have more than one housing container on you that has items in it. Load one and place it in the bank and do the next one. You can carry multiple empty crates/houses.

The last time I transferred a character, I packed up everything first and saved my layouts because the first time I transferred a character I just clicked the token not thinking about what happens to housing. The housing plots you own get packed up and sent to you, an eviction crate is parceled to you I believe. Guild plots do not. I think...it may be possible to lose items you own that are in another's plot or in a guild hall but I had moved everything to my inventory so I have no first hand experience with that.

The official description from DBG is clear about the shared bank, nothing in there goes with you.

Everything in the normal bank does.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  6. Windance Augur

Two words for you ... "Yard Sale"
    Fanra likes this.
  7. Tegila Augur

I wonder how dragons hoard will be handled, if they'll remember to include it on such transfers
    Sissruukk likes this.
  8. Sissruukk Rogue One

On a related note, how do you boot someone from your housing area?
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

10. Sissruukk Rogue One

Have a friend of mine that is a guild leader of a different guild. They had someone leave the guild but failed to pack up their house(s) when they left the guild. The guild leader would like to remove the house(s) from the guild neighborhood to free up room for newer players.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They are stuck with it unless the house owner stops paying rent and it goes into eviction.

Said player is not open to email to remove the house? He can get all his rent refunded if he moves.
  12. Wolfwoodd New Member

Protip: Do not ship your trophies in a crate. This has caused problems when people /testcopy to Test, so I assume it will also cause problems for a regular server transfer.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

This must be what happened to me years ago.

Lost Trophy Of Talendor and Hyredel Swiftstride housing parcel guy in a crate, without even moving server, just new location.