Server Start - Halas to the Commons

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bullsnooze, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Bullsnooze Augur

If the Aradune ruleset is solid, My partner and I are planning a pretty fun trek upon server launch... We need to get our Barbarian Shaman to the Commons to join our other toons. This is no easy task, but we managed to simulate and fine tune the start/run on Agnarr last week.

How far have you taken freshly created toons on server starts and at what level?!
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Warp... It's how you get around in present day eq.
    Bullsnooze likes this.
  3. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

EQ has finally solved one of the most important challenges facing humanity: Faster-than-light travel.

THANKS EQ!
  4. Fluid Augur

Run from Qeynos to Commons is ~20 minutes with SoW and Camo. I wouldn't try it with a level 1 character even if they had SoW. Point being, A Druid who starts in QRG will get Camo at level 4 IIRC. What would make sense is the Shaman and Druid hook up for the first 4 levels, then do the run. There's not a lot you can kill in Commons at that low a level anyway and grouping is almost pointless. Consider even waiting until the Shaman hits level 9 so they will travel with both Camo and SoW. Route I usually take is through Gorge of King Xorbb running up on the wall.
  5. Zansobar Augur

Can you buy shaman spells (lower level ones) in any good area outside of Halas, I can't remember.
  6. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

No, but you can bind in commons (or wherever) and just use origin/gate to get spells once you're level 5.
    Bullsnooze likes this.
  7. Mrjon3s Augur

If anything you should have them come to you. A lot of nice quests you can do around the qeynos area to afford spells.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

I'm not one of those who buys a lot of stuff from the DBG store. The one purchase I would recommend, though, is a SoW potion at level 1. It lasts for 4 hours and will make that run much less painful. I don't know what the "casting level" of the potion is but I think it gives you max SoW speed.
  9. Bullsnooze Augur

Yeah, you would need a lot of luck to make it from Halas to the Commons at level 1 all alone (and without invis). When we were planning our run the major hurdle was getting to and through Blackborrow. Believe it or not, its very tricky at level 1.

All n' All, our method is similar, pretty fun, and takes about 1 1/2 hours. It was definitely stressful running through East Karana and HighHold Pass, but oddly satisfying when we completed the journey. When our group is together (we're each playing 2), the idea is they'll be able to kill in the Commons and move on from there. :)

I'm now thinking of what other starting races to take through a similar gauntlet lol.
  10. babsalos New Member

I actually went the southern route last TLP. Started in Halas ran to Quenos to get a bind. then I went through SK, Lake Rath, Rathe Mountains, Feerott, Innothule, S and N Ro. It took longer but at level 1 the Orks in High Pass are a pain to get through. I also didn't bother with SOW, Camo, or Invis.
  11. Bullsnooze Augur

That's incredible and I guess if you didn't want to take the time to level a Druid or Enchanter to 4 (to get invis), this would be the safest route and in my opinion the only route. Even with invis HHP is extraordinarily stressful and I loved every second running through!
  12. Troutfest Augur

For spells just make an alt toon and parcel them to you or use shared bank. Parcel vendor right in commons
    Bullsnooze and Skuz like this.
  13. Machen New Member

I did it on Ragefire as a Barb Shaman. I leveled to 7 or so before making the run. I don't recommend it--Halas is a terrible place to start and the run will set you way behind the leveling curve even if you don't die halfway across. If you don't care about leveling speed it is ok, but by the time you get to commonlands everywhere will be crowded.

If speed is at all important, consider starting as a troll shaman and racechange later if you are really set on a barb.
  14. Protagonist Tank

This is more work than just using Origin.
  15. Bullsnooze Augur

Yeah, we are not really in it to level fast or anything. This is just like a server start challenge.
  16. Imukai Augur

On Tribunal 20 years ago, long before Tipsy Tina was a thing, our guild used to host Gnaked Gnome Gnewbie Races - level 1 pvp gnomes starting in Akanon and running to either Freeport or Erudin depending on how sadistic we felt at the time.

Halas to Commons should be pretty easy. Getting through Highpass is really the only challenge.
  17. Protagonist Tank

At level 1, going through runnyeye is far easier and a bit faster anyway.
  18. Imukai Augur

Ooh.. forgot about Runnyeye. Good call. Now you're rhinking with portals.
  19. Nozraku Lorekeeper

Yeah the pathing is so bad in Runnyeye you could probably turn on walk and just stroll through.
  20. tofu stir fry Augur

or avoid all that nonsense make a better legit shaman and run from grobb to commons ... problem solved.