Server Stability

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Skiper, Nov 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justbefairaboutit New Member

Xegony, Fear raid, clear 100 mobs, kill Dread, Engage Fright. Zone crashes and 49 people get kicked to character select. Re-enter game in old fear zone and rolled back. Wow, such fun......NOT.

You know, if it happened once in a long while, it wouldn't be too bad. But every day or every other day, not so much.
  2. Justbefairaboutit New Member

Sorry, above post isn't a server stability issue but rather a year old bug with the instance I think.
  3. Aghinem Augur

Talk about failing a litmus test. I am not off base. I am fully aware of the frustration that people have with spending money and not being able to access something that they essentially pay for, and I am all for people expressing their frustrations. However, what I have seen mostly is outright belligerence. Some of the comments have been completely outrageous; literally to the point I am questioning how disconnected these people truly are from reality. A reality in which people in the real world are suffering, but lets not talk about that because many people jump on EQ to escape the abyss we call the real world.

I look at EQ like this...

17 years later, my $30 a month I spend + expansion fees is a donation to keep this project going. I take it for its face value with no outlandish expectations, being fully aware of the hardware it runs on and how the software is written.

As the old adage goes, sometimes its better to stop and smell the roses. The game and server issues will get fixed in good time, and it will be business as usual. The hateful remarks, the threats, all caps rage, and keyboard smash responses are in fact evidence of how disconnected some of these people really are, and I am not going to apologize for saying that.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually the problem there is that the server stability gets worse when there are more people online. Doing all that right now would just mean even more crashes. BUT some sort of goodwill gesture would be nice. Even if they state now they will offer something at a future date.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Okay just went through and read every single post over. I saw maybe 1 or 2 posts that could be considered outrageous. I did not see a single post that showed anyone being completely disconnencted from reality so please quote some of those.

Now lets not get silly here at all. You're accusing people of not talking about people suffering in the world. First off Radarx would lock any thread in the Support Forum if it was about real world concerns because this is not what the support forum is for. Daybreak removed any Out of Game off Topic message forums or SOE did.. don't remember when those were removed I don't recall a single comment comparing the server problems to tragedies in the real world. Your comments just seem like generic ones used for any complaint thread without regard to the threads content.

By your logic no one can be upset by crappy service because there are terrible things going on in the world. You need to listen to yourself you are way off base this time.

Fact is the VAST MAJORITY of this thread cannot be described in the terms you use.

And I continue to see this game as a service I pay for and I assume the equipment it runs on is actually just as up to date as any other games are running on. No one is using 17 year old hardware and there is no reason every game out there isn't using relatively current hardware. The software side of things sure there are some problems... BUT the software has been running much better for the majority of the game and there is no reason for it not to be working well now.

Who knows maybe all the messages you read got deleted. Go through the thread and pick the top 10 posts you think represent what you say. I just don't see it. One thread where someone suggested daybreak should go do something to themselves. I agree that post was rude. And hey I did read through the posts pretty fast but I don't think I missed THAT much.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Vrinda like this.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

For those new to the message thread and who do not want to read the whole thing here is a summary.

1) Most of the posts are about this or that server being down (threads were merged with this one a few times I think.

2) A few asked for more information about why it was happening. Not a need to know but a nice thing to be told when a problem does on for multiple months. And though it was a bit late Holly did give a very brief explanation of what was causing the problems. A bit short on details but hey baby steps I appreciate it was something.

3) a couple posts asked for some sort of compensation or goodwill gestures to make up for the problems. I thought one was a bit extreme maybe not not out of the world crazy.

4) A post from me linking several sites explaining the best way for companies to handle and deal with service outages.

5) only a couple people cancelled or said they were cancelling there subs until the problem was fixed or they are fed up. I can sort of understand some people feeling this way. If you were on a server getting 5 crashes in a day with the time between being rife channel lag, zone lag, problems zoning at all, guildhalls being unavailable etc... yeah... that would do it for some people I suppose especially if your main play time is the weekends when most of these problems occur.

6) One expletive asteriked out comment to Daybreak. Very rude not needed.

Overall I thought the thread has been reasonable and not over the top. People reported crashes, they asked for more information and a few times And I think overall the posts have been polite and overall have not shown any sense of entitlement over that of people paying for a service and expecting relatively good stability of the service they pay for.
  7. Derd Augur

For fear raid don't allow pets on the one with the directional add phase, zero crashes since we adopted this policy.
  8. Maedhros High King

Your moral fiber is incredibly sound.
    I am always very impressed when people whose servers have not been affected chime in with their 2 cents about how its a game and people are suffering in Africa, whales and sharks are being slaughtered in the Pacific and the ice caps are melting.
    All of those things can be true and I can still be pissed off that a game that was once well maintained and operated pretty smoothly is now being poorly run, crashes all the time and in the case of some of the servers, simply locked for 14 hours.
    What people are fed up the most about is the incredibly bad customer service.
    Thanks for the excellent post though, that sure put us in our place!
  9. Fehu Journeyman

I am so extremely unimpressed by DB's "fixing" the server stability right now, yet another raidnight wasted due to major lag issues and getting disconnected.
    -Get good or just get lost!
    Geroblue likes this.
  10. Mirraa New Member

Still having issues playing the game since the 12/14/16 patch. I am able to get into Character Select, but when I hit "Enter World" the game freezes and then boots me back to Server Select Screen. I have to remove character from world before getting to Character Select screen again. On a few rare occasions, I am able to touch down in world, but when I attempt to zone, the same thing happens - freeze, boot to Server Select.
    It appears to be a patch-related issue specific to my ISP. When I run hot spot through my phone for internet - the game runs perfectly. Same when I play from a Starbucks. I called my ISP and the support tech assured me that, as a gamer himself, there are no issues on the ISP end that would be causing the game to fail (for example, blocked ports - of which there are none, etc).
    Unsure how to proceed besides acquiring a completely new ISP which I am not interested in doing. The internet works fine on my computer for browsing and playing other games, but fails for some reason on EQ. If my ISP cannot fix it, and I cannot fix it (I've tried reinstalling EQ, running it from an external hard drive, about a million other things), then only Daybreak can fix it.
    Again, I have not been able to play AT ALL since the 12/14/16 patch for a patch-related issue specific to my ISP. I have been chatting at length with one other person who is experiencing the exact same issue.

PS: I have tried filing a support ticket, but the Daybreak customer service rep said that they can only assist with customer-end issues, and since this is not a customer issue (not something on my end that is broken), they cannot assist.
    I have also tried posting in the DBG Community Issues Tracker but have had zero activity on my filed issue (EQ-1288)
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Have you checked your antivirus software? Most patches one of my computers would be fine with the launcher but would request confirmation on the game executable itself first time after the patch. If I missed that I had to go into the program permissions reset the exe file to always be allowed. Your fire wall should have permissions should be set to allow launchpad.exe and eqgame.exe and POSSIBLY EQvoiceservice.exe (not sure if this one is even used anymore but if the first two are there try adding that third one too to your firewall permissions).
  12. Mirraa New Member

Yes, I have already marked EQ as an exception from scanning on my antivirus and antimalware programs, and then decided to get rid of them altogether. Full uninstall of the programs. Already tried it.
  13. Grove Augur

Saturday, December 31, 8:00 EST. Bristlebane is down and another server that I saw on Server Log-in. Directed there on crash.
  14. Vdidar Augur

Working as intended.
  15. Ghostinthemachine Elder

New year....same Daybreak............
  16. Candaan New Member

2 Jan, servers down again.
  17. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

[IMG]
    Scramm likes this.
  18. Ecko1 New Member

19. Utdaan Augur

New year....same spoiled azzhat kids that need a 2x4 put upside their heads for DDoSing.

Fixed that for you.
    Scramm likes this.
  20. Jaymunkeks New Member

Hard to trust your website when its showing a date of jan 1st 2016... bwahahahaha
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.