Server Stability

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Skiper, Nov 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Somnnus New Member

i cant log into https://help.daybreakgames.com to see what they said exactly. It said to delete zone files and re-patch but i completely removed game and reinstalled and it didn't fix i haven't been able to log into there help website to see the next answer to my ticket. plus iv tried on three different computers same problem on all its server side that has the issue.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

3. Connundrum Lorekeeper

I was thinking of returning. Reading about the extensive server problems makes me rethink my decision. Until DB fixes the servers im not giving them any of my time. My time is far more valuable than the cost of the game, and I wont waste it trying to play a game that probably wont be around much longer. I cant see DB continuing to pay for the old hardware these things must be running on.

Also knowing how old the tech is, and how hard it must be to keep it running on newer tech makes me realize they wont redo EQ on new tech so that it can continue to run, I think they will shut it down instead.
  4. Ghostinthemachine Elder

Once again another afternoon of planned gaming interrupted ...........
    moogs likes this.
  5. wiha Elder

Why are they going down now its not the weekend?
  6. Ghostinthemachine Elder

"A SERIOUS ISSUE".....somebody probably spilled coffee on the servers
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

Given the lack of quality of their War Surplus servers, is that bad ?
  8. Arkkroft New Member

This is my experience for the first full week back in EQ after 14 years away.

5 days ago: I'm going to go play on Cazic! --server lags out to crash--
    4 days ago: I'm sure Cazic is better now... --server lags out to crash--
    3 days ago: Surely Cazic is fixed... --server lags out to crash--
    2 days ago: New character to play on Firiona Vie! --server down--
    Today: Home early, time to jump onto Firiona Vie. --server locked--
    Today: Guess I'll go play my level 6 on Phinigel --Servers Down for Maintenance--

So... is it always like this?
  9. Imak Augur

Not always. Just always, lately.
  10. Lorewood Lorekeeper

Why is there never anything positive ?
    Great Job Daybreak you found a serious issues and are getting it fixed asap. It's inconvenient as hell because playing is what I was going to do tonight but I understand.

Thanks for making the transition from Sony look almost seamless, Excellent job!

Thanks daybreak for keeping the game I have been playing and love for the last 15 years alive and growing.

Good job on the new expansion the content is cool and challenging.

Man you guys do an awesome job with game stability considering all the DNS attacks and network/hacker issues worldwide that have to make game stability a bear to handle on the network side let alone the 10,000's of encounters, quests, NPC's,PC's and items that the database tracks second by second. It is pretty damn amazing when you consider the scale involved.

Wow Daybreak this game will still run on my old piece of crap computer with my crappy dial-up/dsl connection. I know its not your fault I am clueless and my piece of crap virus infected hunk of junk makes it so I am always having game issues and crashing but thanks for making it so I can try and then complain about how its all your fault (that's the part I like the most, something to about) .

Or more along those lines......................................
  11. Ghostinthemachine Elder

If they give us a reason to post such a fine bit of fiction then I'd be happy to post it
  12. Ghostpro71 New Member

I wonder what the issue is.
  13. Arkkroft New Member

I think, because this is a thread about Server Stability...
  14. Aghinem Augur

As I read these posts, it really amazes me how really self-centered, selfish, and generally disconnected people really are. Its very, very sad.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I don't think you have been playing very often the last 3 or more months. Before this when there were occasional crashes or server stability issues and people cried like a scalded cat I would agree with you. Unless your play server is an exception you should know several server crashes per weekend with occasional ones weekdays is pretty much the norm these days.

When these problems initially started I was one of those asking people to be calm and live with it. I think we are well past that now with a continuing problem and little communication.

And overall I don't think people in this thread have been self-centered, selfish or generally disconnected.

When the stability takes a big downturn and it lasts over multiple months I don't think showing some dissatisfaction is unreasonable.

Aghinem, normally I would agree with you but I think you are off base on this one. This isn't a one off server issue.
  16. Somnnus New Member

well when you look at it from your a customer at a restaurant and the first the waitress doesn't show up for 30 mins, then after you finally order it takes an hour for your food to get to you and the order they bring you is wrong this is a lot like that. This is a service we pay for.
  17. Brilhasti Elder

Now login server is down..
  18. Fehu Journeyman

"All EverQuest servers are coming down for unscheduled maintenance to address a serious issue. Downtime is anticipated to be approx 2 hours. Coming down around 1:35 PM Pacific."

-well this didn't work, makes me wonder how much downtime we'll see during holidays :/
    Zandy likes this.
  19. Zandy New Member

These problems bring memories back. Patches to pach the patches
  20. Ghostinthemachine Elder

When you work 16 hour days and you look forward to a nice peaceful 30 to 45 minute grind and all you see is locked servers every other day yeah it wears on you after 3 months....
    Gyurika Godofwar, Geroblue and moogs like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.