Server Selection

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Velectril, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Velectril New Member

I am a returning player from long ago (quit around release of GoD). I want to play a cleric since I really enjoy just healing.

I started one on FV, and got up to around level 59 just with a merc and I. Due to the special rule set, I was able to pick up some pretty powerful gear from the Bazaar for not a lot of cost. It seems like I was able to level very quickly due to a combination of xp bonus and "overpowering" gear.

I started another cleric on the Rathe and got up to level 15 or so. There is a noticeable difference in the available gear in the Bazaar, since it's a standard rule set. A lot of what is available is traditional gear I remember from before I first left.

My question is, which server should I go with? My end goals are to pop on for a few hours and either solo/molo (possibly with a box char in the future), or to get in on some group content for a bit. I am not interested in raiding, I simply don't have the structured free time available for that, it's pretty sporadic, and can't always be on for a specific date/time.

Am I always going to feel "overpowered" on FV because of the available gear in the Bazaar (I am aware I can simply ignore the Bazaar, but....)? I can't really tell what the populations are like at end game, since both were pretty empty at the lower levels (which I expected).
  2. Geroblue Augur

For a starter server, try several at the times and days of the week you want to play. That way you can determine which ones have the type of crowds, or lack, that you like.

Gear in the bazaar might be more readily availailable during the week on one server, weekend on another.
  3. Utaerx Elder

Cazic-Thule or Bristlebane, honestly. They're the most populated of the regular ruleset Live servers and both have great open raid teams, if you wanted to try out raiding on your own time without committing to the schedule of a traditional raiding guild.
  4. Rhodz Augur

No you will not always feel OP on the FV server, that starts playing out when Defiant gear is outgrown (the real cause) around the 80s. Still easier to get good gear but you wont have that Defiant anomaly skewing things.
    BTW thats about where things get not so cheap.