Server Populations

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by _1flash, Jan 20, 2016.

1. _1flash New Member

Wanting to come bac into EQ but i want to play a server with a decent server population except from the TLP servers, so any other servers with a good population for low levels.
    Don't want to join a server then can't hardly find anyone to group with. Suggestions???

Thanks
  2. Xanorak Lorekeeper

Low levels you will do a lot of soloing on every server besides some of the newer progression servers. I joined Firiona Vie for the bonus 50% xp. Not sure if you know- but you can hire mercenaries to join your group so you can xp easier.

There's also a emulated server called project 99 that you can find groups at low levels but their max lvl is 60 (velious expansion)
  3. Sebbina Augur

EQ is 16 or so years old, even with folk returning such as yourself, or the occasional new person such as friend or even children of long time players, there just are not a lot of low level Characters playing. The newly made characters are often from folk who want to try something new or special circumstance, and will either be gifted powerleveling or will have a merc and some tradeable assets. Leveling on regular servers these days is generally quite quick to level 60, particularly to the pace from early years. Finding others to level with could last for one session and then the partner has gone on ahead and out of getting XP in same group, The Rathe has been suggested as new character friendly, - Hire a Tank Merc (free at level 1) ask for buffs, (Temperance is best HP), maybe get druid buffs for movement regen and damages shield and you can go get to level 10-20, in an hour or so. With that kind of leveling possible now, finding a steady level partner is unlikely. Still, there are a few reasonably friendly "family" type guilds, that will with reason assist with fresh buffs and suggestions on most servers, so that getting to the point that you know whether you really want to be back into EQ.
  4. Xanorak Lorekeeper

Like sebbina said, you can level up quick now. Soloing is easy now with all the gear upgrades at low levels (random defiant gear drops, tutorial gear/ and quests) + mercenaries to help xp. Join a guild once your high enough lvl, people will help you so don't be afraid to ask

Another option is buying a heroic character for like 30$ (This is what I did) Lvl 85 character with gear and AA's, look it up. But if you've never had a lvl 70+ character the heroic character will be too advanced for you
  5. Yimin Augur

My servers , ones I play on ...

Xegony alive and kicking 2 best raid guilds in game atm , some awesome family guilds and a large population ..

Bristlebane alive and kicking 2 great raid guilds ,a one of them also being a top 5 raid guild, and the best family guild in EQ ..

Zek sad to say on life support :(

Drinal very dead server no action for large amounts of time ,only popular during very peek hours ..

E-Marr no real raiding guilds , 4 family type guilds that raid ,in time these 4 guild will beat TBM , it will just take them awhile ...

Yi Min
  6. Crystilla Augur

Small correction on EMarr.

There are 4 raid guilds, 3 are more family (one of which is Pacific based) + 1 raid focused guild. 3 of the 4 have wins in TBM, so the 2nd part of Yimin's post is correct.
  7. Minato Augur

I think FV has the largest population atm outside of TLP but since they opened up having alts on this server thats the huge majority of it and boxing is rampant (when one guy boxes 40 to do raids yeah its bad) besides that tho im not sure on your next best option but i would guess xegony
  8. Rhaage Augur

9. Geroblue Augur

Log onto the different servers when you want to play. Look for other players in zones you want to go into. If they are empty, try another server.

I have alts on all of the blue servers. But I look for non-crowded zones. So if my fave zone is crowded, I log off that server and try a different server same zone. Works for me.
  10. Yimin Augur

A raid guild to me beats raids ,there is not one guild on E-Marr that has beaten TBM , but that not it ,there is not one that has even beaten the first part of TBM ..

Yi Min
  11. Devanie New Member

I get seriously intimated with all the zones and stuff past PoP. I have no idea what to do. Kinda like going from a normal car to flying a 747.
  12. Omnicronimous Journeyman

All you need to know is Erollisi Marr is the best server. We have the tallest players, the shortest players, the funniest players, the most serious players, the most passionate players, the most stoic players, and best of all, none of our players are smelly (we force bathe trolls, ogres, and Iksar regularly.). Our server is also buffed with the Super Fast Like Lightning Never Fail or Crash Bug-Free Awesomeness of Vie buff. I think it's an enchanter buff.

Seriously though, EMarr FTW!

We also offer donuts in the Guild Lobby. Just find anyone from Avatar Elite and bash them on the head with a padded Nerf mallet until they squeak. Donuts will then rain from the sky.
    Rhaage likes this.
  13. Aaikan Journeyman

Too funny.

I'd consider transferring all my toons (that's a lot of toons) to a server that didn't have so much kiddie spam in chat. (Before I get flamed, by kiddy spam, I mean swearing for the sake of saying it, bashing on the newcomers, complaining, ranting etc.) I liked the days where chat was amusing not abusing. I deal with crap all day long at work, I don't want to log in to read more of it.
  14. Panikker Elder

Returning player here , made a char on Rathe and It's kind of empty (low levels) but chat was active and the players are actually friendly. Got tired of the slow exp grinds on phini ..will continue there when nothing to do or exp weekends lol . And for a server of "no boxers" I see to many on phini lol. But I can say they are friendly and buff for free in the newbie zones, but the exp grind is literally for the HC players with hours to spend online is even slow with those exp. potions lol . ( I don't have that luxury since I work almost 12 hours a day) .