Server Population History

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rorce, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Rorce Augur

Elricvonclief, Iila, Riou and 2 others like this.
  2. Motherlee Augur

Boo, have to buy premium to see the 6month.
  3. Crystilla Augur

I love it. Only suggestion I have initially is to add the legend/key on each page and not just the 24 hour one. The color for 'down' was red on the 24 hour one but some servers showed red on the other 3 time options so not sure how to interpret it without a key.

Nice job!
  4. Shiea Augur

Nice!! Do you plan on continuing the track the population and update the page to have 1 year, 1.5 year, 2 years etc?
    Riou likes this.
  5. Iila Augur

Have you tried comparing your info with http://steamcharts.com/app/205710#6m to see if that graph shape matches up with anything besides prime time hours?

The numbers obviously don't mean much, and it probably skews heavily towards TLP servers/players, but it might be a large enough sample to represent the game's population history to within a reasonable margin of error.
    Motherlee and Riou like this.
  6. Riou EQResource

We could extend it that far yea, but it would be for Premium only people since the farther back it goes the more data it has to crunch :)

For normal servers we have been tracking population since March of 2014, things like DDoS's (or API server being bad) and that can kill tracking for as long as they are down though so some periods might be a little bad.

It might be possible to do more advanced graphs, based on what people would want to see (but like the previous thing it would prob be only for Premiums). Right now we've only done what was shown so far.
  7. Riou EQResource

I see, this is because the colors are reversed when it swaps from the bar graph to the sound bar graph?
  8. Crystilla Augur

Probably. I personally didn't mind the colors being swapped (red can mean 'dead' but it can also mean 'heat/busy') but the lack of showing what the legend was on each page is the one thing I'd suggest be there. Primarily because if you think about it, without knowing what the highest color is, you can't really tell how big your line is - for many of the servers never hit red on those right 3 charts anyway.
    Riou likes this.