Server Mergers Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Jul 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allayna Augur

By that logic, only people in support of server mergers would remain....to discuss server merges. People enter a thread they disagree with to offer a counter argument. This has been debated...numerous times I might add.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

How is a post asking for peoples feelings on both sides of the discussion causing only those that support mergers to stay in the discussion?.

But now I think we come to the reason you are arguing against the post.

You don't want server mergers so you don't want anyone talking about them. So you want to try and shut down a thread because you are worried about it affecting Daybreaks decisions? You don't want to spend time disagreeing with it so you just want it shut down?

Don't think that is how the forums work.
  3. Allayna Augur

I don’t like repeating myself....something you have no problem doing.
  4. Littlelegs Elder

I'm also worried and weirdly excited when Allayna posts. We're ALL forum police by the way. Post what ya want, but other people will reply. I think that's kind of the point of the forum. Exchange of ideas, people agreeing, disagreeing, supporting, ridiculing, correcting, helping, and probably other words. Keep it up! Or not.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Allayna like this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I have no problems continuing a discussion on something very true. And I don't like it when people try to shut down ideas they don't agree with either.

This comes down to Allayna not wanting people to talk about server mergers. As far as I know that is not included as part of the forum rules.

You run a highly successful raid guild, you get players moving servers all the time to join your guild. Your guild will be one of the very last ones to run out of players. I get it. It is all gold for you right now and you have no reason to want server mergers whatsoever.

Even merging all the low pop servers might dry up some of your recruiting pool. Those servers might create their own competitive high end guilds (though personally I think it takes more then just having a similar sized population to do that. As MS got where it did from years of hard work). But the fact is server mergers that would include Xegony would do nothing at all for you or your guild. And I believe that is a fair and valid reason to defend your position of being against mergers. The best mergers could do for you is cause some disruptions due to technical issues of the mergers. I get that and can respect that argument.

Personally, I think they are other factors worth considering and I would like to draw out more opinions and ideas around it. Even if they are directly opposed to my ideas. If the mergers daybreak has talked about happening do happen it could well be the last set of mergers we see in the game. I actually don't think they can be talked about too much because I want to see them done in the best way possible that will be the best for the game. Not just the best for my guild or your guild or some the players on one server or another. I try to look at it as what is best for the game population as a whole to keep the game population as a whole as healthy as possible. Now its fair to disagree about what will do that but I am not going to be cowed into not discussing it.
  6. Lilura Augur

I went from Xegony to Povar for personal reasons. The difference in the Bazaars is night and day. On Xegony I had a seller that constantly moved stuff and if I set up a buyer for tradeskill stuff I'd wake in the morning with everything I needed. On Povar nothing moves and my buyer gets nothing.

I'm sure Triton doesn't want competition but Povar needs a merger bad.
  7. Allayna Augur

No. This comes down to repetition. You can attempt to defame or twist intentions all you like, fact is an open debate has happened and opposing viewpoints offered, in numerous other threads. It is YOU who don’t like that opposition so you start a new thread hoping those who oppose your viewpoint have grown tired of defending their viewpoint from your nauseating number of posts either on server mergers or dividing group/raid game.

Here’s my talking points from previous threads regarding server mergers:

Unnecessary free hand out that offers no incentive to daybreak, why give away what you can charge for.
    No guarantees about server stability, lag, player names, real estate, to include guild halls or neighborhoods.
    Servers are ecosystems. People move to them based on their needs and the population dynamics. FORCING an entire server to suddenly play nice is unlikely on a merger.
    The Dev team has already stated it is not possible at this time.
    The Dev team has already stated it would exclude large pop servers.
    Example: Xegony has the #1 @ 2 raiding guilds in the game, in addition to 2 other raiding guilds and an open raid force. These populations get hostile around progression time but generally play nice for ~ 9 months out of the year.
    Given that there are still open world zones, things like PoP progression for the artisan prize, hunter kills for PoP, EoK, RoS and TBL and collections built into the current evolving system, I’m sure those 4 raiding forces don’t want to see more open world contests.

Again, these issues and many more were brought up, but rather than actually debate or discuss those issues and despite the devs excluding high pop servers, you continue to beat your drum and start a new poll....sorry thread.
    Caell, Lannin, Khat_Nip and 1 other person like this.
  8. dreamweaver Community Manager

This thread is going to be locked, thank you for your time everyone. Let's try to keep talk of server mergers to a minimum for a while. If there is any official word or things we feel comfortable discussing I will be sure to let you all know.
    Ssdar, Elyssanda, Teylana and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.