server merge in june

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Theka, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Theka Elder

I'd like to petition for miraguel and vox to be merged into phinny and keep our name.
    We are the premiere server of the 3. we made it to live beating all the raids along the way. Phinny should live on!
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Vox is older. It is what it is, TLP can deal with it!
    Coagagin, Wdor and KermittheFroglok like this.
  3. Theka Elder

that means nothing rodcet nife was one of the olderest server around and we got merged into another one
    Leerah likes this.
  4. Theka Elder

also we arent TLP brah
    Shanarias likes this.
  5. Leerah Augur

Back then, it was alphabetical. Rodcet and Quellious (think Quellious was larger) were next to each other in the alphabet. Then, we got merged with Povar. Now, we've been ignored 15 years and we have needed a merger for a decade. But they keep ignoring us.
    Wdor and Qimble like this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It should work on active population and previous merges.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Wasn't Povar recently merged with Selo?
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

The oldest servers kept the names.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

10. Qimble Augur

The raiding / high level population of selo pretty much all went elsewhere, they took their free transfer and moved to Bertoxx so that they didn't have to compete with Povar's guilds. Merger did nothing to move the needle on the population.
    Wdor and KermittheFroglok like this.
  11. Theka Elder

active server should prevail. vox has been a ghost since 7 years ago
  12. KermittheFroglok Augur

Well, do some research before making that statement...

Regarding Vox, no it hasn't and that's obvious as a couple other merges have fed into Vox. In this case you're making some factual misstatements. EQ resource tracks the pop of the servers, Vox actually has the higher pop, usually hits at least medium during peak, sometimes it'll reach high. (Phinny rarely leaves low pop these days)

Links to the past week's stats. (You can see these free.)
    https://eqresource.com/serverhistory.php?server=Phinigel&range=1w
    https://eqresource.com/serverhistory.php?server=Vox&range=1w

It's not really going to matter as Live servers have agents of change & you're pretty much Live. After the 64-bit client new merges are likely to come and you'll find a new home and friends. Former TLPs like yours will get merged into other things, but again, the server name changing really shouldn't matter.
    Shindius and Wdor like this.
  13. sieger Augur

There was only one Selo guild still clearing content when we hit live, and we went to Bertoxx because waiting on the auto-merge would have literally killed our guild. We had been running a raid guild on a late era TLP as the only guild on the server for a year, and the server had almost NO players on it aside from us--the Selo Bazaar regularly had fewer than 5 traders active. There were a few small casual boxers that were floating around and that was about it.

The way the Go Live worked for us is in March of 2021 we lost all of our TLP "benefits" (shorter lockouts, AoC, 50% xp bonus etc) but the automerge to Povar was 4 months away in late July. They did open us up for free transfers instantly though--so waiting 4 months of 0 recruitment, 0 active people on our server outside our guild, nah, was never going to happen. Since we were not going to wait on the automerge there was no special reason to consider Povar for our free transfers versus look at all other servers. At the time this went down Povar was the lowest population live server, and the only relevant raiding guild on that server has literally been spam advertising that they will pay you to come raid with them on other servers for over a year now because that's how bad things are there. I'd already ran a guild on a low pop server long enough, it made zero strategic sense to intentionally continue doing that.

It was easily the best decision we ever made as a guild, Bertoxx has a large and stable population, we went from having to beat all raid content with 35ish people to having a waitlist on raid nights.
    Wdor and KermittheFroglok like this.
  14. Tevik Augur

o_Oo_Oo_O

Interesting, given there's more guilds with T1 wins on Povar than Bert.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

4 versus 3? There are players besides those in a guild clearing current content and looking at the server population history Bertoxxulous does have a higher population. Of course the numbers showing as cleared also assumes that all guilds report to that tracking site.

https://eqresource.com/serverstatus.php
  16. sieger Augur

I'm not sure what that has to do with server population? When I mentioned the only relevant raid guild on Povar, everyone knows which guild we're talking about--and to me when I see that guild advertising on multiple servers that they will pay you to come to Povar...and this was months before Selo ended, yeah it made me very sketch about how healthy Povar's server population is; I don't see any other high end raiding guilds doing that which is likely directly due to server population.

If you have a Premium membership at EQ Resources you can also pull up the historical server populations, Povar is at medium pop about 58% of the time and low 37% of the time, it's only hit High pop like 0.3% of the time in the last 6 months.

FWIW these are just MMO game servers, I'm not sure if you're on Povar or what but it isn't a personal insult directed at you for someone to point out your server has a low population. Like it isn't something that has anything to do with the players on Povar lol, what a weird attitude.
    Wdor likes this.
  17. Tevik Augur

I've just never seen someone call every other raiding guild on their server irrelevant, which must be the case if they're behind all the "irrelevant" guilds on Povar.
  18. sieger Augur

It sounds like you're triggered.
  19. KermittheFroglok Augur

None of this which server has more raiding or better raiding guilds has much to do with the OPs original commentary. To digress and summarize.

1) Phinny is one of the weaker pop. servers despite the OPs claims, and will likely merge into something else.
    2) More importantly, which server it merges into probably doesn't matter because the Phinny players will likely get a free transfer... so the raiding players left on Phinny will get their pick of where to go next they don't need to pander for specific merges they think [or at least perceive] will be more opportunistic.
    Shindius likes this.
  20. Fenthen aka Rath

Just merge everything into Xegony and be done with it.