Server Downtime: Weds, Sept 23 @ 4:00 AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Makavien Augur

So you forgot a couple clickies Frightful aura on Chestplate of the Dark Flame , Spinecoat on Violet Conch of the Tempest , Familiars especially the Familiar of the hooded Scrykin.

Not subtracting the first ranks of Bold attacks warriors had you nerfed Rage of the Forsakens Aggro modifier by 65%, 90% not counting bold attacks why so big of a nerf ? My use of Rage of the Forsaken and the order I used my other abilities was one of the only reasons I could let a cleric cast that ubah undead dot early and I was told by one cleric I was the only warrior able to do this so why such a big change making the warriors job harder for getting aggro when our main job is survivability ?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. hwine New Member

soooooo are you still working on the servers or wor working on the patcher or something. i try to log in and on the server select screen there are no servers to choose from...
  3. Demandred Elder

I play a bard/pally combo so me. Never understood why all classes were given fade in the first place. Dumb dumb dumb
  4. Zarakii Augur

wizard friend told me prolonged destruction AND empowered focus of arcanum were straight up deleted... i reassured them it wasnt intended you guys didnt make me a liar did you
  5. Xikteny Augur

Those changes were in the notes; they were merged with older, base, lines.
  6. RPoo Augur

empowered focus of Arcanum now = rank 5 of focus of Arcanum. prolonged destruction was also merged into a previous AA.
    "- Combined the following activated AA abilities into single lines:
    - - Acute Focus of Arcanum, Enlightened Focus of Arcanum and Empowered Focus of Arcanum are now ranks 2-5 of Focus of Arcanum.
    - - Wizard - Prolonged Destruction ranks 1-15 are now ranks 4-18 of Frenzied Devastation. Sustained Destruction has been renamed Sustained Devastation. Improved Sustained Destruction is now rank 7 of Sustained Devastation. Hastened Prolonged Destruction has been renamed Hastened Devastation and has been updated to function on all ranks of both Frenzied Devastation and Sustained Devastation."
    second post of https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-september-23-2015.226759/
  7. Nightmares Augur

OK. here is an interesting one. On my Shaman ( lv 90) casting Talisman of Soul's Unity ( lv 90 group buff) on level 62 group ( all were 62, confirmed). Would not land, no message why, no message if too powerful for target etc etc.
    same went with lv 80 group focusing. Only ones that hit the group was Bloodworg (lv 75) and below. Other group spells ( not Focus) worked.
    Only way I could get them to land was if I was in group, used Mass group Buff, or Tranquil blessings.
    I made sure my Toggle group buff was turned on ( /tgb on ).
    I have /bug 'd this.
    So be aware guys, the bugs are in!
  8. Nightmares Augur

Ummm.... on my Shadowknight... it shows 16 ranks. Ranks 1 and 2 are free, Rank 3 is for TSS expansion and lv 70, costs 10AA, Rank 4 free, Rank 5 is lv 75, SoF expansion and costs 15 AA.
    Activated is Even ranks and if you deactivate it, it lowers in rank. so Having Rank 4 ( activated) if I deactivate it, it goes to 3.
    So technically there really is only 8 actual ranks. 8 additional ranks were added for activation sequence. That could have been easily programmed differently to keep it 8 ranks and still have it toggled.
    As it is now, it's a mess. We can make a Hot button to Deactivate it( /alt act 793 for SKs), however we need to go into our AA window to use the "train" button to reactivate it. There is no command line that will toggle it; if you disable it, it becomes pure passive and no ID to use in a command line to reactivate.
    So we have to use AA window to activate, and have to use a Hot button or Macro / command line to deactivate.
    Suspend minion and Identify seem to be linked to The deactivation timer as well. I guess it's a good thing these instant refresh as soon as they are done casting or that could be very problematic.
    I don't know what to say... I expect so much more out of a company that is supposed to be this professional, experienced, and innovative.
    I am just disappointed... I know you could've done better.
  9. Brudal Augur

/alt buy 793 doesn't work?
  10. Nightmares Augur

Bah, I suck at remembering spell levels. Talisman of the Bloodworg Rk. II at level 80 was the last to work. the group Focus at 85 and 90 didn't.
  11. Nightmares Augur

system says "Unable to train in ability" though you can hit the train button in AA window and it works
    I think this is due to the fact that when the ability is active, the AA is labeled with an ID, which is used to deactivate the AA. However, when the AA is deactivated, there is no AA ID; so buying it doesn't make any sense, unless you are increasing it's rank to the next purchasable rank ( spending AA points) and that still doesn't have an ID with which to purchase like that. Basically this was added with complete counter-intuitiveness to how EQ runs with regards to toggled abilities and effects.
  12. Brudal Augur

worth a shot, maybe /alt buy is only for glyphs
  13. Tevik Augur

There's a very major issue you've overlooked with this change regarding the Lure of the Siren's Song ability for bards.

The intent behind this ability was to be able to gather up mobs for AE mezzes. AE mez works up to 108 (Or level +3 if you want to look at it without respect to current level caps). This, to me, says that if you're going to cap this at all (which I don't agree with), you should at minimum cap it at (level +3) so it can still do the job it was intended to do.
  14. Nightmares Augur

You know, a toggle like this is the most basic of commands, it's either a 0 or a 1. this is a binary operation that could use 1 button to work to activate or deactivate. I learned this type years ago in Programming class when we were going over fundamentals in C programming, not even C+ or C++. It looks like they did more extensive programming to shift it than just make a normal toggle.
    But who knows, maybe that was overlooked, maybe they'll implement it in the future when they realize it's more simplistic than they made it. We can only hope.
  15. Schadenfreude Augur

Whatever made you think he was a Daybreak employee?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Sarahrain New Member

Due to this patch a wizard is unable to complete a burn. I was a raid wizard, now i am retired.
    I have canceled my subscription because wizards are now useless, which also means i will no longer be purchasing the new expansion soon to be released.

I figure my money is the only voice i have, and i'm not paying you for this patch.
  17. Rimelure Journeyman

Sarahain. I'm letting my wiz subscription go. I have another active account I'll play but wiz is definitely unplayable now.
  18. Lorai Lorekeeper

- - Modified the Cleric ability Divine Peace, the Paladin ability Balefire Burst, the Warrior ability Howl of the Warlord, and the Berserker ability Self Preservation to apply a sanctuary buff upon a successful escape rather than invisibility.

Divine Peace was one of the best AA ever given to Clerics to buy. We already have a Sanctuary spell and Sanctuary AA's that we never use. We don't need more of that useless ability.

Why did you do this??

I'm hoping (don't laugh) that there may be something better to replace it in the new expansion? If not, just take it away and give us our AA's back...