Server Downtime: Weds, Sept 23 @ 4:00 AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

[IMG]

All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 at 4:00AM Pacific* for the September update. Servers will be unavailable for approximately four hours.

EDIT: Antonius Bayle will require additional downtime. While we're anticipating this will be an additional two hours, we'll continue to update AB players as we know more.

Patch notes for this update can be found here.

Keep an eye on the EverQuest forums and social media for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.

*Convert to your local time
  2. Durz New Member

Are you going to fix Antonius Bayle ??
    Eluwenie and lockjaws like this.
  3. DAYBROKEN New Member

No they are going to rebreak the chat system, increase the lag and have another down time to fix the patch they were patching with this patch.
  4. Dorigen Lorekeeper

What does this mean for Zek??

Any update on PvP fix??
  5. Caio_Xegony Lorekeeper

So you're still going through with the blanket fade/pulling nerf even though on the next thread over there are 40+ pages of people saying NOOOO! Wow Daybreak you guys really don't care what your player base wants. Maybe the guys over in Bethesda or Blizzard will take my money and actually listen to their player base!
  6. wizen New Member

Servers still down? All still showing locked on my patcher
  7. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Thread length does not justify not going through with a change. With the "nerf" to mobs in respect to runspeed and lull immunity this will all even out unless the team screwed up. What you have seen is 40 pages of nothing with a couple of legitimate post.
    Sheex likes this.
  8. kraggnar Elder

ummm 4 hour patch. that equates to best guess of servers being up at 8am pdt. That's 9mdt, 10cdt 11 edt... Just in case you needed the help.. sorry Euro/Asian folks I am not looking up your times.. You get extra sleep today.
  9. Caio_Xegony Lorekeeper

I will just leave it at that.
  10. Povarmonk Elder

Is it me or the chat room broken also now?
  11. Troutfest Augur

its broke atm here also
  12. Dreamrider Elder

No matter which direction Daybreak goes or what they implement, adjust or remove, there will always be people who either love what they did, hate it passionately, or don't give a rat's rear-end.

But saying they don't care what the players want is a bit much. They have a vision of how this game is to progress and sometimes they have to correct (as they perceive it) anomalies, exploits, and even old bugs that have been in the game so long, everyone considers them features.

Because we are not privvy to what they have slated for this expansion and future ones and campaigns, we cannot understand why they sometimes correct or remove a "perfect" technique that has been in game "forever!" One possibility is that to add new stats or abilities, they have to change current set-ups to be able to introduce them.

I'm not apologizing for Daybreak nor breaking out the pom-poms for them (those are reserved for my guild during the final push of throwing everything at the event: bodies, kitchen sinks, shoes) but it is what it is. Do I like everything they've done? No. But I am a raider and I am required to get the expansions and campaigns unless I want to retire. I'll still get it because I love playing EverQuest and the leadership and people in my guild. Just like learning new techniques on an unknown raid event, we learn the limitations, find out what works and what doesn't, adjust, and adapt.

Threatening to rage quit because you disagree with something they do gets tedious. This message board is littered with them as well as "withhold buying the current/next expansion until they fix <insert unjust change>".

If you feel this passionate about a change that you haven't seen, used, tested, and given feedback about how it's implemented to them, then I am sure that Bethesda or Blizzard will happily take your subscriptions.

But please stop with the idle threats.
  13. yandra New Member

Im an old time player, been on tunare since the beginning. Rarely post. However, after reading dreamriders post, i decided to throw this out there. Yes people can get a little ragequit on things, but as a long time necro player, ive seen all kinds of "whatthehell" moments. Its just part of the game. Having said that, a VERY long time ago, necros and SK's were nerfed on FD, and so were monks. The devs didnt like the way monks were being use to pull raid mobs, and they felt that the class "wasnt supposed to work that way". long story short, there was a concerted player revolt. wont go into specifics, as i dont really agree with the player revolt, but bottom line, the monks FD was reversed back to what everybody has today. So, player "feedback" honestly is vital to the continued progression of a game. Dont belive me? ask brad mcquaid sometime about how the players loved his bashing of them when he released vanguard.
    On the other side, each patch there are changes, there are updates, some of them fixing ideas that really were ment to work a different way. we either get used to the changes, or we stop playing for a bit. thats the good part about a F2P game, we arnt subbed and dont HAVE to stay playing every day.
    Lorai and Suzi like this.
  14. Povarmonk Elder

The only thing I want to see them come up something original for content and stop rehashing old content as new stuff. Getting your ideas from lame TLP servers to redo Fear which has been done already and redoing Hate the first time come seriously give us something good and orginal.
  15. Bohrdumb New Member

As someone who started playing back just before the start of Kunark, it's nice to see that the more EQ changes, the more is stays the same.

Everything is always broken, and everything anyone does to patch it is broken, and my class is broken, and paying money is broken, and everyone else is OP, and I'm going to take my ball and go home, and I'll be back in a day or two.
  16. DAYBROKEN New Member

servers still down, chat is broken, screwed over mages and pretty much everyone in general, I'm starting to feel like daybreak is billy mays BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE, lets keep the servers down, and have to have another patch to fix the patch so we can mess up the classes some more
  17. Razgadz Lorekeeper

whole raids going afk with one player moving them all ? If you feel like being followed ....
  18. yandra New Member

according to my math, (wich i admit is sleepytime math) servers dont come up for like another 15 mins? or so says the website
  19. yandra New Member

personally i like the auto following non grouped members, helps me when im pling my brothers baby toons, dont have to keep putting them into and out of groups.
  20. Goshdern_VZ New Member

I'm curious how following someone not in group is going to affect pvp on zek...