Server Downtime: Weds, Oct 21 @ 12:01AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

[IMG]

All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Wednesday, October 21, 2015 at 12:01AM Pacific* for the October update. Servers will be unavailable for approximately eight hours.

Patch notes for this update can be found here.

Keep an eye on the EverQuest forums and social media for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.

*Convert to your local time
    Motherlee likes this.
  2. Mournblade Lorekeeper

Please confirm. Will this be Tuesday/Wednesday at 12AM or Wednesday/Thursday 12AM?
  3. Riou EQResource

12 am wednesday is tuesday/wednesday
  4. Reht The Dude abides...

NM
  5. Wizdons Augur

8 Hours. Holly cow bat man.
    Simone likes this.
  6. Geroblue Augur

Must be the Halloween quests, etc.
  7. Motherlee Augur

They're going to fix the bind spots! The server has to run to all the zones and rebind itself there.
    Fanra likes this.
  8. Grishnak New Member

The headline says Wednesday at midnight which is not the same thing as 12:00 am Wednesday. Wednesday Midnight implies 1 minute after 11:59pm Wednesday which would actually be Thursday at 12:00 am. Please edit the thread title.
    Motherlee likes this.
  9. Roshen Brand Manager

Changed title to 12:01AM to help avoid additional confusion.

While midnight is the start of any given day, I'd like to make it clear that this downtime starts early Wednesday morning at 12:00AM pacific (midnight), and will run approximately eight hours. This should conclude around 8:00AM pacific time Wednesday morning (October 21).
    Grishnak and Tarvas like this.
  10. sudeden New Member

Midnight is 00:00 or 24:00, 12:00 is midday, there is no such time as 12:01am

so Roshen you should say that it starts 00.01AM, 12:01 would actually be PM not AM
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Repthor Augur

thats what Am and PM stands for sueden. they dont use international standard/military time as a standard time in the US.

AM” stands for the Latin phrase Ante Meridiem —which means “before noon”—and “PM” stands for Post Meridiem : “after noon

you dont use AM and PM when you use international standard /Military time. as its alreaddy indicated by the specific hour listed
    Darkark likes this.
  12. TibalMurphy Elder

So the usuall no patch notes toll the patch is live?

Hate to be negative but lookin forward to more nerfs that are un-announced.

Also will the bst spell shared merciless ferocity ever be MGBable.
  13. Roshen Brand Manager

14. eqgamer Augur

15. Simone Augur

This is why I think we should always use 24 hour clocks and get rid of this am and pm nonsense. Saves a lot of confusion.
  16. svann Augur

This is Murka. We dont need yur metric time lahdeedah.
    Darkark likes this.
  17. Dark_Pheonix Journeyman

By "all live servers" does that include TLP servers as well like lockjaw and ragefire?
  18. Dark_Pheonix Journeyman

Well I guess it does. Server just went down. Really should make note of this when posting. Players are under the impression that TLP is not a live server and that most of the patch notes don't even apply to TLP.
  19. Riou EQResource

Servers are put into Types, Live, Test, Beta atm.
    Warpeace likes this.
  20. Wandering Mania New Member

Any word when (or if) LoN will be fixed to stop crashing/CTDing EQ? The only place/time I can play with out that risk, is in my guilds hall after I just logged in. Any other time/place and I get a 95% chance of EQ crashing in the middle of a LoN game.