Server Downtime: Weds, Nov 18 @ 7AM PST

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Silv Augur

Damn you! Your jokes always make me want to respond with really inappropriate parenting/kid stuff that would probably get me forum banned :D
  2. Picaresque Augur

Clearly, you do not know any economists.
    Zaviere and Silv like this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Atm expansion still occur one time a year. A fraction of one day is taken to patch complain about it. Daybreak employees must sometimes just shake their heads and have to tell themselves constantly that the majority of the players are not self involved that they throw a tantrum over a little down time. For a sixteen year old game that still gets lots of updates there is remarkably little down time in Everquest in my opinion.
    Nightmares likes this.
  4. Silv Augur

DBG employees are probably pretty happy people. Laughter is supposed to improve mood and I'm sure they are rolling on the floor 24/7 with these forums.
  5. Aims New Member

You get everything by being FTP on live? I wish someone would have told me and all the other PTP players on live servers before we subbed!! There are plenty of PTP players on Live, and yes, even on Test.
  6. Kronko Elder

Gentlemen. From this day forward, you will all refer to me by the name Betty! (Laughing) Ah ha, ha-ha-ha-haaaa!
    Sasrayk and Zaviere like this.
  7. Sindaiann Augur

HAHAHAH :)
  8. Zaviere Augur

[IMG]
    Sasrayk and Kronko like this.
  9. Coldfists New Member

Why are all servers down for Live server patchs? Shouldn't progression servers be up since they are unaffected by a new expansion coming out? :p
  10. Texxy New Member

Whats server up time ETA....Cst?
  11. Temarity New Member

12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Couldn't Daybreak also be doing other work on the servers at the same time?
  13. ShamWow-RF Lorekeeper

I hate to shoot holes into your sound argument here, but uh, a lot of people on TLP also play on live and have always played on live (some even for more than 14 years!). I know it sounds scary but one of these disgusting TLP players might even be in your live guild playing with you right now!!!

A couple of my current guildmates are active and long standing raiders in ROI. One of our warriors is one of the main tanks for another high end live guild (I forget the guild name off the top of my head.) We just recently took in a Wizard app who plays a Shaman in another. These are just a very, very small handful of people that I personally have chatted with in TeamSpeak about live, so I know there are a lot more than just those few.

Me personally, I've raided on and off on live since the beginning like most everyone that still comes to these boards. I most recently stopped playing Live after the COTF expansion, so really all I've missed lately was TDS. I've kept 4-6 accounts paid for for multiple years on end. To just come running in here and say you've put in "way more money than any TLP person" is ignorant.

Sorry, I'm bored right now obviously since the servers are down and I want me some EQ, but seriously, the argument that if you play on live but don't play on TLP somehow makes you a "real player" is pretty stupid.
  14. Texxy New Member

Dang,....
  15. Silv Augur

If you check the patch notes, many changes have nothing to do with the expansion but either code in general or older AA lines, etc. For example- several of the AA changes would affect Fippy. It's a TLP, right? And that's just one example. So yeah... all servers are down because it affects all of them whether TLP people want to admit it or not.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Kronko Elder

Betty has a question. In the patch notes is says something like when you claim your monthly All Access 500 station cash you will receive a limited time offer for something. OK well how limited? I am sure I am not the only one who has already claimed their free sta cash for this month. I am a great magician - your clothes are red!
    Zaviere likes this.
  17. Axxius Augur

Are the things going as planned?

Roshen? Holly? Bueller?
  18. Leex Pewpewer

Yes cause the TLP paid for itself even before anyone was putting money directly into the TLP server, right?

I mean there wasn't anyone on live who were buying expansions or market place transactions or subs..right? ALL of us raiders and casual subs didn't contribute anything to the TLP server, we just watched huh?

When TLP people try to negate the truth, is just makes you all look very dumb, I will say that in the nicest way possible :).

TLP is down because they HAVE to take all the servers down to upload this expansion, deal with it. We had to deal with the devs working on your servers when Live had issues. Think about it as a give/take relationship ( even if you've never been in one :D )
    Mayfaire likes this.
  19. Boochies New Member

So dose this mean the on all the server the auto grant aa be increasded
  20. buffalou New Member

As far as prog servers - they are including a new 40/slot bag in game and I think 1 other item. So as you can see Prog Servers will be effected. Also agree that the Devs should have Expansion tested completely on their own before release. I worked as programmer and we needed to have all aspects of our part of program complete and working before it was released. - Sadly now they just set up & hope the Beta testing will find all the problems. We do their job for them and they get payed for it.