Server Downtime: Weds, Nov 18 @ 7AM PST

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

[IMG]

All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 at 7AM Pacific for our update for The Broken Mirror expansion. Servers will be unavailable for approximately five hours.

EverQuest: The Broken Mirror is scheduled to unlock to players at noon pacific* on Wednesday, November 18, 2015.

Once they're available, patch notes for this update can be found here.

Keep an eye on the EverQuest forums and social media for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.

*convert The Broken Mirror launch to your local time
    Agrippa likes this.
  2. Agrippa Augur

Originally they planned to keep the servers locked until 3pm est. I'm happy for the change. Won't be much different than any other patch day this way.
  3. Quirog Elder

Umm that is still 3 PM EST since Noon PST is 3 PM EST or EDT whichever they call it now
    Emarra likes this.
  4. Silv Augur

That was his point.
  5. Jonnny Casge New Member

Does this mean lockjaw/rage fire servers will be down aswell?
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline
  7. Kiillz Augur

they have been up earlier than that in previous years, I think its mularkey giving players so late a time in day to get ball rolling on tasks, quests, keys to unlock etc. but thats just me.
  8. Aurastrider Augur

Let's face it folks a couple hours is not going to significantly alter anyone's experience or ability to race through or profit from the new expansion. This game is played by people all over the world so someone is going to have downtime during their peak playing hours. If you don't like a game with live updates go play a Xbox or play station.
    Morefuzz likes this.
  9. Stumphobbler Elder

Will the hotzones be changed with the coming of the new expansion ? If not is there any plans to change the hotzones soon ?
  10. Warpeace Augur

I doubt that was on their list.
  11. Riou EQResource

They said hotzones wont be changed until they get code support to make them automagically change
  12. Kolani Augur

Gotta get another testing run in on those quests they added on Thursday.
  13. Silv Augur

I'm sure in the long run finishing the expansion 5 1/2 days after "launch day" instead of 5 is not going to make a bit of difference in a few months when we're all complaining there's nothing to do. And honestly... it's a *few* hours later than some past releases at best. :rolleyes:
    Nightmares, Iila and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  14. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

So they aren't going to roll out a patch on Test first? Get your popcorn ready because the likelihood of epic bugs, server crashes and random craziness will be high.
  15. Iila Augur

No, TBM wasn't in a test worthy state a week ago. And no one is going to bother pretending test does anything useful for expansions that it doesn't get for free.
    Silv likes this.
  16. Silv Augur

Fixed!
    Smokezz, Gyurika Godofwar and Iila like this.
  17. shadowgod Augur

Well it is called The Broken Mirror maybe they're role playing and actually releasing it broken on purpose :)
  18. Risiko Augur

Hey it takes time to add 2 new zones to the game. They dont add themselves ya know
  19. Iila Augur

When's the next patch to fix things that are broken in TBM?
  20. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Daybreak chose to make Test nonviable for testing purposes by ignoring it for years and not paying attention to most of the /bug reports and not working with the players that played there. Then they waited 10+ months to release TDS for everyone (I bought it like 12 times and 5 of those were collector's editions) so the one active raiding guild in COTF at the time died like an old worn out horse that got taken out behind the barn and shot.

Now for an example of what Test can still do when utilized properly look at the 16th anniversary tasks and the auto loot features. Hludwolf (and others behind the scenes) worked with us for a bit more than a month on those and they were tweaked with lots of fixes and changes in that time. Had they been released as is from the first time they were on Test it would have been an unmitigated disaster instead of needing a few minor bug fixes to make them fully functional.
    Mayfaire and Nightmares like this.