Server Downtime: Weds, July 22 @ 6:00 AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

[IMG]

All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Wednesday, July 22, 2015 at 6:00AM Pacific* for an update. Servers will be unavailable for approximately two hours.

Patch Notes for this update can be found here.

Keep an eye on the EverQuest forums and social media for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.

*Convert to your local time
  2. delfchen Lorekeeper

i am missing the message or the hint that SK's spell (Impose for Power) does stack with pal's stuff ( Impose for Honor ) since it is really making me sad, that pals can overwrite the SK one .. but we get message "your spell did not take hold"
  3. Adarii New Member

hi there! why are the servers coming down 2 hours earlier than advertised?
  4. Moralius New Member

You guys take down the server 2 hours early. Can you explain to me why support requests are taking so long to respond to as well? DB seems to be making the game worse. Very annoying to paying customers.
  5. Immortalus Lorekeeper

Apparently DB doesn't know how clocks work lol
  6. ironsoul New Member

central time is the only REAL time anyways.
  7. IronDr4g0n Lorekeeper

The best part? At the 5 minute mark the message reads "Please plan accordingly"

.....and what about the people who already DID plan accordingly? I mean it's not that big of a deal but, when you tell people servers are coming down at 6am pdt, you should probably bring them down at 6am pdt.. not 2 hours early. Who knows how many people just got screwed one way or another.
  8. Derthe Journeyman

From an East Coast perspective, the earlier the better. Refreshing break from MMOs starting a patch at 9am ET, screwing up most of our morning and half the afternoon.
  9. IronDr4g0n Lorekeeper

I can relate since I am EST as well, but it's still a bit dubious considering there could have people who planned raids or a multitude of other things around this schedule, and had their entire night/day wasted. If there was an emergency I can understand, and would hope that we'll receive an explanation at some point so people aren't needlessly frustrated.
  10. Nellus New Member

The explanation seems pretty easy. Someone made a mistake. That's why the servers came back up 10 minutes after they were taken down.

Confusing, yes. But not a very big deal either way.
  11. IronDr4g0n Lorekeeper

Still does not change the fact that people may or may not have been screwed. How many people who logged/got booted at shutdown know this? Not a peep about it so far, I didn't know servers came back up cuz im not one to spam login when things go awry (DDoS and such). I'm not trying to whine, it's just... not good business.
  12. Mr_Shadow Journeyman

So is this also the thread for general downtime angst? :)
  13. Repthor Augur

now that isent considdered getting screwed IronDr4g0n, thats considdered an inconvince or a mistake

if we wanna talk about getting screwed heres an example

you read the patch notes when they come up and your read this :
    -Reduced the critical chance for all rain spells level 96 and above.
    and then you dont exapline how much the effect have changed leaveing ppl in the dark
    but what then you go on a long rant and exaplining how in ditail the proc system changed (its not bad thats you do this its very good)
    but if you do it for one thing you should do it for all of them, sure its posted in the test thread but we have no idea if you changed it sense then based on testing its a major change for everybody that casts rains and you could and should argue that mages druid on a certen lvl shammans care a heck of alot more about that then that melees will proc vampire strike sevral times in the same combat round
  14. Halorin New Member

15. Moralius New Member

Haha /Agree
  16. Repthor Augur

cute trolls are cute
  17. ImSorryButIHadTo Lorekeeper

ugly trolls are uglier.
  18. Repthor Augur

19. Serona Elder

Repthor .. play nice!
  20. iatre Journeyman

Since it's virtually always longer than 2 hours, Daybreak really should just start saying that the downtime will be 3 hours, and giving us a pleasant surprise if it comes up early.