Server Downtime: Wednesday, June 19 @ 5am PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Amnerys, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Thesteus Journeyman

Plane of Air? A raid zone for a hot zone? What level 65 characters are going to try to level there?
    Agreed, this is a horrible choice. (I don't like any of the choices, but this one is especially bad)
  2. sancrotis New Member

Anyone who was around for PoP used to grind in all of the raid zones...was the only place to get exp. PoAir isn't any harder than PoFire, and Fire, at around 65 is awesome AA and regular exp.
  3. Thesteus Journeyman

Plane of Fire I can do. Plane of Air is a nightmare. Everything sees invisible, everything is immune to pacify/mez, everything runs fast and everything summons. I went there about a year ago with my (at the time) level 68 Ranger and I have not been back since.
    With more level appropriate zones, I think this is a particularly bad choice. I have six characters that are in that level range, I have no plans to take any of them to Plane of Air.
  4. Tegila Augur

all because you dont like the hotzones? some arent too hot, some will call for some comedic relief, and some are good.The nice thing about hotzones is that you can always stay in one or skip one and go to the next if you dont like it, nothing says at 65 you have to be in teh 65 hz, you can go to the 60 or 70 for example. Still wish theyd use some UF zones though for once
  5. Danny New Member

First off, I arrive to work at 5:30am to go to the gym to be at my desk by 7:00am after a shower. I am expected to be at work at 8am.

Second, in the world of IT you don't give your customers a specific timeframe then not come through time and time again. Trust me you wouldn't make it if you did. 8:10am 10 minutes late. Servers status showed all servers were up at least 40 minutes prior to when they actually were.

So yea I sure hope I get fired for walking in 5 minutes late, although I believe IF I did they wouldn't have a second thought about it because I get to work before everyone else, everyday...5 days a week
  6. Tobynn Augur

Each and every downtime message includes the terms estimated and approximately. Still, that never seems to stop the nerdrage brigade from getting all bent each and every month. It must suck to lack the reading comprehension to understand such simple terms.
    Trazzlo and Dreamrider like this.
  7. Talif Augur

And yet another patch goes by without adding an ornament slot to the Orb of the Crimson Bull from NToV. /sigh
  8. Trazzlo Elder

Well, there are others who feel the opposite. 18 months with the same set is silly. It's time to freshen it all up.

Of course, you can still go hunt in the old hot zones. The beauty of that is that it will be slower so you can enjoy it longer. If you like that set so much, why would you want to outgrow it?
  9. Nyni New Member

Very nice patch indeed, however the bad news is this: Swift reflexes discipline is a defensive discipline that now shares the same timer as Eye of the storm discipline which is a dps discipline... Those 2 disciplines should have been left they way they were. There was no issues with them functioning properly before this patch. I know that other monks would agree with me on this. Would be very appreciated if they were switched back the way they were. I have already done the in-game /feedback as well asking the same thing. Thanks
  10. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

You are either new to Online Gaming or you are new at your "IT" job, very few, if any software companies hit the uptime mark 100% of the time. Many of them do not even achieve 50%. I wager your "IT" company also falls someplace between those. Also if you really are in "IT" then you know S Happens, and you roll with it. 10 mins is a laughable thing to be so upset about you make mulltiple posts in a company message board over. I suspect its more a case of your addiction to gaming making that 10 min feel like 10 hours.

Chill out, step back, look at what you typed and think before you post again.
  11. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Air is a fine choice. Once you get past the first 50 feet its all gravy from there out. The problem is there are so few players who actually played POP era that they dont relaize the planes WHERE the leveling zones. There are litteraly hundreds of mobs in Air with very little competition for them.
  12. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Sounds to me like someone spent the last 18 months headshotting / swarming / asssinating / decapping in F2 and is a little upset the gravy train has been derailed.
  13. KC13 Augur

o_O Never been to F2, don't have any Rangers or Zerkers and Rogue is only 45. I liked the progression through the previous hot zones. They had nice quests as well. The new ones offer nothing but extra XP. That doesn't make zones I dislike appeal to me at all.
  14. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

The old hotzones for progression are still there. The EXP bonuses (ZEM) in some were only slightly better then normal, its never a true x2 like too many believe. Nothing stopping you form continuing on those paths. ie I suggest using Hero's Journey, its almost a perfect path to lvl 90+ from lvl 1
  15. Ishtass Augur

Does anyone know specific ZEM mods? I thought it was only 25% increase or 125% normal.
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

If you want to dig thru the archieved posts there is a post somewhere with ZEMs for older zones which includes the ZEM for Padual Caverns which is the highest (or at least was at the time) ZEM in the game. When they created Hotzones they stated that all they are doing, as far as xp bonuses go, is temporarily giving those zones a ZEM equal to Padual Caverns. So for some zones it is just a 25% increase while for others it might be a 125% increase.
  17. KC13 Augur

I use the Hero's Journey on all new chars. That is one reason I liked the old hot zones. Today, for example, I took my Mage from 43 to 45, but there was a very noticeable "slowness" compared to the last few chars I took through the Mesa.
  18. Ken Creppin New Member

Speaking of server downtime... KC13 here, couldn't sign in on my main account as it's the weekend and the damn hamster powering the server has died again.... :confused: