Server Downtime: Wednesday, June 19 @ 5am PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Amnerys, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Ishtass Augur

Anything killed in that zone gives a marginal bonus exp to what you would have gotten. If the mob is grey con you still get nothing.
  2. Rangerdanger New Member

Cool cool. Finally some new hot zones though, Frontier mnts might be rough for new players though =P
  3. Icetech Lorekeeper

Yeah i don't get the plane of air thing.. a buddy and i are leveling rogues and don't know if we will be able to hang there as a duo with mercs (thing is, i havn't been there since raiding when it came out.. so no idea)
  4. Danger_ranger New Member

I'm looking forward to the change of hot zones... weaker zone mobs! WOo! I wish The Hole and Nurga, Droga etc etc, Old Seb, all those old school zones became hot zones lol
  5. Danny New Member

8:05 AM, why aren't they up? Classic Sony experience...or should I say lack of Sony experience? bah humbug! If I was this disorganized and gave this much false information to customers I would get promptly fired.
    Smugg likes this.
  6. Tobynn Augur

^ We can only hope the next time you walk into work 5 minutes late you get fired. After all, you said you'd be there at 8:00 AM.
    Elricvonclief, Tegila and Noobieguy like this.
  7. Grotty New Member

Server status page says they're up...and yet they are not... :(
  8. Smugg New Member

Hardly the same thing - Its all about communication, if they aren't up at 8 - push the ETA... its not difficult.
  9. Smugg New Member

Servers are up.
  10. Danger_ranger New Member

Mine's up. Logged in and drinkin Mead
  11. Tweelis Augur

I keep reading complaints about plane of air. Back in the day it was a beater of a zone where named would destroy higher end tanks and mow down entire raids that were careless. This was when a full set of Vex Thal raid gear was several steps below elegant defiant and augments were laughable compared to what's available today.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=12425 for VT and http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=81407 elegant defiant. Even a full set of Plane of Time gear would be about a wash with elegant defiant gear.

IMO plane of air will not be the scary place it once was but rather a place with several areas with reasonable xp.
  12. Khaki New Member

Question - Upon logging in I checked every piece of my Armor, it only shows 'Old Insidious Plate Ornament' I thought the point of this was to fix Hero's Forge and offer a 'New Look' to the existing. the Insidious Plate is Raid Dropped and took a very long time to obtain the whole set. Unless I'm missing something :/

[IMG]
  13. KC13 Augur

Wish there was a giant UNDO button for this patch. The hot zones are terrible. Go back, go back :(

The previous hot zones also had nice quest progressions from zone to zone as most were TSS.
  14. Pwning Lorekeeper

Right click the piece (in inventory) to swap btwn old and new looks. Can change whenever you want, no components req.
  15. Khaki New Member

You rock Pwning! Thank you so much!
  16. Pwning Lorekeeper

yw... I think the color for some of the plate got botched though... insid looks like the auburn plate (pinkish color) ... not sure I'm a fan.
  17. Kansan Cloudkicker Elder

Thanks for the new armor and the hot zones! Very nice patch
  18. Khaki New Member

I agree - I may change it back now, but thank you so much!!! Not the best instructions above :)
  19. Toquillaw Augur

After 18 months of you pressing the "undo" button on changes to hot zones, please stop pressing it.
  20. KC13 Augur

Likely will. I strongly dislike all of the new hot zones and as I currently need to AA a lot, EQ will again become work instead of fun as I said in another thread. Will not likely stay beyond the end of my current monthly subscription.