Server Downtime - Thursday, January 17, 2013

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Virrago, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Virrago Guest

[IMG]

All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 7:00 am US Pacific* for a hot fix to fix instability related to commerce servers. The servers are estimated to be unavailable for approximately 2-3 hours. Keep an eye on the EverQuest website and the forums for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.

*Time Zone Converter
  2. iniari-TR Augur

blames kronos and those Danish hamsters. :p
  3. Tegila Augur

im confused, thought hotfixes were pushed on while servers were up . taking servers down for a few hours for a hotfix kinda negates the point doesnt it?.
    BlankStare_001 likes this.
  4. MHD90 Journeyman

servers are down now. gonna give us an update?
  5. Kwahn New Member

The ONE day I take off work to play EQ...jeezus. If it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have any.
  6. Quirel New Member

why would they give us an update when the servers have been down less than 30 min. at the time of this posting... what they gonna update us on? Ohh BTW we took down the servers??? C'mon ppl... if it had been 3-4 hours and someone wanting an update is understandable.. but less than 30 mins into a 2-3 hour downtime is just being dumb... learn to have some patience...
    BlankStare_001 likes this.
  7. thet0taln00b New Member

hotfix reset named?
  8. Fenthen aka Rath

If the servers are taken down and not just locked, then yes named will recycle.
  9. OssOr New Member

I read "locked" on them right now.
    I understand you. Something likely happened to me lol, i also have bad luck !
  10. Volan New Member

Probably asked for the update due to main page showing servers are up again.
  11. dragon3371 New Member

hopefully this fixes the CS and loyalty issues many of us ours were reset to 0
  12. Kandykiss Journeyman

Yes. Hotfix indicates the servers aren't taken down. The 2 are mutually exclusive.
  13. Goddess Journeyman

Yes...Correct, those are the commerce issues players had trouble with last night...several of my guildmates were frantic. They showed no Station Cash, no Loyalty Points, and no Velocity for earning Loyalty Points. I am sure SoE received a fair number of petitions about the missing currency.
    I hope they get it fixed fast. It's amazing how we always need a few hours of hotfixes to repair the game from a few hours of patching. What irritates me is this was not a new issue, after each patch these currency items show 0 for a few hours of gameplay, then they would suddenly show correctly.( on random toons, not all toons) SoE must have known,(people always petition these things) so why not address the issue earlier? Like during the 4 hour patch yesterday to prevent it from happening this time....instead of realizing that it affected a greater # of players for longer period of time so now we gotta do something....3 more hours of downtime.
    Waiting to work on AA's.....

Bigbear likes this.
  14. Oriaas New Member

The main page only reports 2 conditions - up or down - locked servers are up you just can't log into them. You can usually tell they are locked because the population will be the same on all of them. AB and other special servers don't always count for this mind you.
  15. Sinhika Lorekeeper

I've seen servers reporting 'locked' at the log-in screen.

Also, I think the patch was a dud. People are still missing loyalty points and SC.
  16. Dracoplauge New Member

servers are down again... well atleast test server is down.
  17. Robnie Augur

Hopefully CC will get fixed too!
  18. Oriaas New Member

Sorry I should have been more specific...by "main page" I meant the everquest.com main page that has a server status graphic on it.