Server Downtime: Friday, Aug 7 @ 10:45PM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Skipper Augur

[IMG]

How can you guys play on Live with the past two expacs as bad as they are? So yea, most are playing TLP's.
    Simone likes this.
  2. Bubbajoebob New Member

Sorry, this may be a silly question but how could someone benefit from buying 20 krono for 100k on ragefire just before server downtime? how does server downtime effect the price of kronos? Only possible benefit I could see is that there may be a rollback and the plat would poof back to original character, but in that scenario wouldn't the krono just poof back to original character as well?
  3. scafellpikes New Member

WTF now...fed up with all this . Rathe was down earlier this week and we lost a load of exp and now this scheduled / unscheduled BS. Bad enough that if Europe want to attend a Guide event we have to wait till gone Midnight without having to tackle with the continual eqclient crashes, the server crashes, hacking problems and now Daybreak bring us unscheduled rewinds for maintenance. It actually makes the times with dial-up every hour and ten minutes seem like a good thing. At least it was more reliable with Verant than with Daybreak
  4. Savil Lorekeeper

Or he could just get pissed off because of the complete lack of Q/A... If they actually tested a lot of these patches wouldn't need to happen.

Savil
  5. Kende New Member

6. Povarmonk Elder

Yet again nothing but more problems since these useless servers were created thanks again for nothing!
  7. Wispur Elder

By "useless", you mean "wildly popular", right?
    I just want to make sure we're on the same page. :)
    Behee, Simone and Steampunk like this.
  8. Jimmy2times Elder

Man you all are some angry folks .. lol
  9. Povarmonk Elder

Useless as in they serve no purpose and are a waste of time
  10. scafellpikes New Member

Well no surprise that Daybreak still have servers locked. Do they ever keep to there own timing. At least Verant would do 4 hrs and keep to it. As far as I recall Daybreak haven't once kept to the posted timings. They are either early up which then results in another lock out or late entirely. If they had to pay for the subscriptions for each failing they'd be bust
  11. Paramil New Member

So one hour downtime, announced 1 hour before taking servers offline... Originally it was planned only for TLP servers so can the live players among us get the Cliffs Notes version of why? Bad plan, bad execution, and bad form. I get taking the TLP servers offline to fix an exploit, I have a toon there too and I could see things rapidly getting out of hand in the last week, but live servers? Just what is going on with the code? Kind of have to wonder if all this is related to the DDOS attacks and Smed taking a hiatus. 1h20 since I got kicked out of an instance with some guildees, on the last mob, so thanks for the great timing!
    Oddling likes this.
  12. KeliethOfTheRathe New Member

You've had you're hour. C'mon now.... Its Friday.
  13. KeliethOfTheRathe New Member

Your, sorry
    Motherlee likes this.
  14. Steampunk Augur

The same argument could be made for all the servers, in fact, for all computer games in general.
  15. Steampunk Augur

Actually, it's Saturday now.
  16. Matari Augur

How long is your hour? Should I try again on SUNDAY??
  17. KeliethOfTheRathe New Member

Not for me
  18. Motherlee Augur

NOW it is. :p
  19. cantsleep New Member

and there still locker whats the deal
  20. Lydius Insidious New Member

Servers are live again.