Server Downtime: Friday, Aug 7 @ 10:45PM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

[IMG]

All servers will be brought offline on Friday, August 7, 2015 at 10:45PM PDT for an unscheduled maintenance.

Servers will be unavailable for approximately one hour for this maintenance.

Keep an eye on the EverQuest forums and social media for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.

*Convert to your local time

UPDATE: This downtime has been expanded to ALL servers will start at 10:45PM Pacific
    complexication and Tudadar like this.
  2. Labonte New Member

booo. i really enjoy this server tho. its causing me to learn the class from scratch and spend time in the low levels and i look forward to the progression with this guild. I play a warrior and shaman here. level 8
  3. HailstorRRm New Member

OMG why are these servers down so much I would like to actually play someytimes
  4. HailstorRRm New Member

I do pay for these accounts and have a job and all my play time seems to be eaten up by downtime of servers makes me woner why im even paying for all thee accounts

!
  5. Dentarian New Member

On a Friday during prime time?

Two thumbs up for that!
  6. ChefCrondo New Member

You can get mad at them for taking down the servers to fix a horrible problem... or you can get mad at the fact that there are people duping plat which is going to destroy the economy in turn making it so that casual players can't buy anything. Your choice. I'm sure you'll cry about it either way.
    Bubbajoebob and Behee like this.
  7. HailstorRRm New Member

well at this point it time it would just be nice to log in for more then one hour, lets see how things go after that
  8. HailstorRRm New Member

I cant buy anything anyways coz don't have the playtime to buy itms inflater or uninflated
  9. ChefCrondo New Member

I understand your frustration... after the rollbacks and reading deeper into the horror stories of people losing tons of work.. I've just come to find that investing your time in this game is a giant dice roll.
  10. C3lowz Augur

Good. We need to get rid of all this dupe plat.
  11. HailstorRRm New Member

be nice if u could update this and actually give us a time so I don't have to just stand around waiting
  12. MightyUnclean Elder

Please let us know now if there's a rollback planned so people will know if they're wasting their time playing tonight.
  13. rick Augur

sadly I am in both groups and hate the idea BUT understand it too..

working on the honor system doesn't work .. too many will find an exploit and then cheat the system

I do want to see what they are going to do about this as I did sell 2 krono after this occurred after reading that there was no issue.. in the eventuality I am losing the PP then I want the money not the krono AS I would never have bothered buying them for the 2100 to 2200pp that they were selling for and I bet a lot of honest players who were maybe caught by this BUT innocent of any wrong doing will feel the same ..

IT isn't the DEVs fault entirely .. it isn't the end users at ALL..

I am just tired of hear how IT IS THE FAULT OF PLAYERS BUYING AND SELLING AT THAT TIME.. because we had to see the problem.. THE PROBLEM WITH Lock Jaw and Krono was that the paying customer was often being bilked out of money in my belief just to stay on level with other players who had max levels that COULD camp and farm their gear and were "twinking" their new alts.

Old problems from 15 years ago greatly increased by new items..

I have faith it will come clean in the wash but I hate waiting another week for the petition to be finally answered

and ty Roshen and the rest at DBG for letting us know ;)
  14. Gremin Augur

An update would be nice, please. We have folks who are not wanting to xp because they are afraid of rollbacks, changes etc. So please let u know what is going on.
  15. JChan Developer

There are no rollbacks planned for this update. However as a safe precaution always try to camp to desktop when you see a server announcement of a server shutdown.

There is still an update planned for tonight, no ETA on when that will be at this moment.
    rick likes this.
  16. rick Augur

ty for the update
  17. Hludwolf Developer

This has been expanded to all servers. Sorry for the late notice.

It will be at 10:45 PM
  18. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I assume that won't include Test?
    Silv likes this.
  19. JChan Developer

Correct.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  20. Arcainos Augur

Is the issue just with those two servers? why would you bring all servers down?

I swear, the rest of the servers seem like the red-headed stepchild since Ragefire and Lockjaw were launched.

Getting tired of this horse .
    Elricvonclief and Povarmonk like this.