Server Downtime: Fri, Jan 22 @ 7:00 AM PST

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Davuk Journeyman

Woot let the drama commence
  2. Faana Augur

Servers are up. Drama over.
  3. wiha Elder

I play a war, sk, nerco, mag so i play a few types and I will mouth off if you don't mine
  4. Faana Augur

Too early to be drinking, Sarah. Go have some breakfast first. #drunkshaming
  5. Xage New Member

Daybreak Games is headquartered in SanDiego California and their parent company Columbus Nova is based in New York. Columbus Nova bought SOE and renamed it, that's all, they didn't move it to a new continent. The new President is the former COO, so no big change there either. It's all in the article I linked if you'd care to read it while waiting to play.
  6. Faana Augur

At least I don't lose magician pets when they bring the servers down properly.
  7. Makavien Augur

We did recieve a couple days extra last year I think a full week at one point.
  8. McDougal Augur

"Is that a slinky or are you just sorry to see me? " Thanks, I'll be here all week.
  9. Confessor Journeyman

Well, morons put him in office. Why not morons put him on this forum. BTW very educated, smart, intelligent and wise person, it's roleplaying, not rollplaying.
  10. Zargon New Member

By now there are millions of lines of code to run Everquest, if it didn't already have millions of lines of code. This isn't like making a simple php blog or page of html. Millions of those lines of code very likely interact to such an extent that not every interaction is easily found. So patches have to happen. And many of the devs who wrote the orignal code are gone.

Hopefully they added comments into the code.
  11. Confessor Journeyman

I see you shave. Too bad the weight of manhood is too heavy for you.

[IMG]
  12. Geroblue Augur

Aha ! Loged in using the wrong account.

Those of use who have been here for years bring this millions of lines of code up often, but folks don't pass that on.

And frankly, I have no idea why anyone would blame patches here on a politician. Clueless I suppose.
  13. VorpalBunnie New Member

Sniping at each other and the DEVs does not do one bit of good. If you want to criticize then make it constructive by giving suggestions as to HOW to correct the problems, not just complaining about the problems. And for those that have been gone for awhile, remember, SOE is OUT, and DBG is trying to do better, but as long as all people do is complain it means they are fighting a losing battle. HELP with suggestions that at least MIGHT work and try to help them SOLVE the problems. Admittedly, most if not everyone in DBG worked under SOE, but were not really involved in the direct running of the Co and are still getting there feet wet in regards to those aspects. Personally I believe, if it is true they play, then they should be able to set aside an actual server for trial runs of patches and testing all the aspects by having some of them play all types / levels of toons to completely test those patches prior to release to the entire system.
  14. Mukkul Augur

Well let's see 4 hours -- that's about 8 cents???
  15. Geroblue Augur

There is a test server. Has been one for years. I hate to point this out, but its called Test for a reason.

I've worked for companies that wrote their own software to track things and for employees to input data. Test servers can find many problems, but not every problem. And no two machines, including servers, are exactly the same.

Software that works find on one, may not work fine on antoher one.
  16. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

They rarely ever utilize the Test server or the players there to help iron out any bugs or work on anything. The last time they did was when they rolled out the advanced loot system and the 16th anniversary tasks and we caught a lot of bugs during that time. It's up to Daybreak to utilize the tools they have at their disposal and they haven't been doing a great job of that for quite awhile.