Server Downtime: Fri, Jan 22 @ 7:00 AM PST

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jan 21, 2016.

1. LLyan New Member

Do we know if this update will address the fact that we still only have type 5 augs for the TBM charms and still after all this time don't have type 9's
  2. griever New Member

If you think they devs are taking the servers down because they want to or don't care, you're a fool.
    Most of these people have been working on this game with this community for years. It's their livelihood.

There's no "point" to get. Making a fuss isn't always going to get you what you want, despite what consumerism has become in America.

The game needs improvements, so let them make improvements.
  3. GothicCelt Lorekeeper

... sounds like the kids are amped up on froot loops and lovin their snow day ...

Gotta love the millenials sometimes ...
    Elricvonclief and Zargon like this.
  4. trizzy New Member

And this is where most people get it backwards... The responsibility lies with us as paying customers, not the person taking our money. If we do not like a product or we believe it is being unfairly presented, then we simply do not buy it. You can however ask for a refund of your money based on the impeding criteria. If the company deems the refund suitable (and sometimes not) they will likely refund the money just to avoid negative media or a lawsuit. If a company is that bad, they will fail and others will rise up in their place.

Daybreak has owned this franchise for less than 1 year, and they did the acquisition without replacing the team. They probably have already created a system for dealing with these communication issues in house, but we all know nothing really turns out how it is planned. As Newton described, objects are lazy, they tend to continue doing what they have been doing. In this case we are talking about the EQ department staff. They have been doing this lack of communication for year and are used to not having to pay any mind to the customers and do what they like. It will take time and discipline to break their habits.

I believe a change of ownership might do this franchise some good given some time... just my opinion.
  5. wolfcaller New Member

Just wondering if TBM Charms will get the needed type 9 Augs?
  6. Ancient1 New Member

So true, though I love the rants. They are a great source of entertainment while servers are down. I did like the one guys idea of moving the times though.

Let people vent, it makes them feel better and really doesn't hurt anyone. I am sure they love the game as much as I do and will keep playing. They just want to express themselves.
  7. Thraine Augur

LMAO this idiot is lulz

you forgot the "you cant fire me!! i quit!!!1!!"
    Zargon, brotherbfd and Tiki like this.
  8. Eidetic New Member

OMG what a horrible community. You rednecks should stop just because it's down for 2 hours and it's really rare it's twice a week.

I can't belive you guys are going beserk the game needs to get fixed sometimes and it's the same with all mmo's.

The saddest part is that you are adults and old enough to read the code of conduct whatever.

Also stop acting like children!
    Zargon and brotherbfd like this.
  9. Chawl;s Inchawj New Member

Don't know why my fellow Norrathians seem so upset by this.at 9:30 PST just sit there and keep opening patcher (only to see servers still locked). Until eventually (possibly 9 hours later), they come back online. Hope that you will be one of the first ones on, and zones have been reset, and now you can go camp named for several hours, for a box who you are trying to get the VoA mount for. all n all.... this is potentially a good thing. Drink some rum, have a shower, ____ your wife, and before you know it, you will be able to attempt to run the patcher with success!
  10. Texxy New Member

ETA is 11a CST am I right? well, Hopefully anywayz
  11. GothicCelt Lorekeeper

As I said above ... too much sugar ... latchkey kids with snow day... ;)
  12. Taradin New Member

I agree with Chawls - Smoke one take a shower you hippy ____er then go camp some named mobs ! =D
  13. MHD90 Journeyman

I guess the 12yr old Korean boys you have as Devs aren't working out?
    Hiladdar and Faana like this.
  14. Kelthorg Lorekeeper

So going all caps is how you express how strongly you mean what you are typing? Don't worry about the words you or the way you express your ideas/opinions.... that's what all caps is for. Let me try it..... THE.... hmmm, maybe it actually does work, that felt awesome.
    brotherbfd likes this.
  15. Kempel Journeyman

What a lot of people don't "remember" is if I recall, last year actually we all received (2 times if I can recall) 15 days of all access. I can't complain since they do eventually make it up to the players for time lost. If you weren't online at that time, I'm not sure what to say about that, but we did over the span of the year receive an extra 30 days of play time at no charge.
  16. Chawl;s Inchawj New Member

I was All Access for the entire year, i do not recall recieving any extra days, but i do know that Silver members were given a minimum of 2 weeks all access. if anything, it was probably a promotion to try to get more people to buy game time.
    Faana likes this.
  17. Kelthorg Lorekeeper

So a monk, a priest, and 2 nuns walk into a bar. Each is holding a slinky in one hand and a broken crayon in the other. The bartender looks up an says....
  18. Tiki New Member

Leave it to a complete moron to bring Obama into on on-line rollplaying game. Take your Xanax and find the proper forum
    Zargon, Hiladdar, Faana and 1 other person like this.
  19. Xage New Member

Everquest has been run by the same team since it started. Verant, SOE, and now Daybreak are just spin-offs and company splits from the same people. With the latest re-branding (Daybreak games) they laid off a bunch of staff too. I hope you're right but really this is nothing that hasn't happened before and I'm not holding my breath for any real changes in the way these things are handled.

Some fun reading while you wait for the patch:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daybreak_Game_Company
  20. griever New Member

nobody has a clue what you're talking about.
  21. Yimin Augur

I sure hope this fix pet agro , and also that pets can still tank , but I know EQ will let me down yet again as a pet owner ....

Yi Min